Protein Option Comparison

Swirv

Swirv

Awards
Protein Option Comparison/Question regarding diet and supplements

I did a search for this before hand but had no luck finding a thread to answer my question...but what is the biggest difference (if any) between 100% Whey Protein Powders and Myoplex RTD's?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
100% whey does not mean any thing endless its 100% isolation. Be careful of the marketing scams out there that make a big deal about it.

Swirv

Swirv

Awards
Well I'm mainly trying to lose weight but also retain/build muscle. I was going start taking the following supplements:

Protein - Whey or Myoplex
Fish Oil
Amino Acids

And was thinking about trying that Ergopharm 11-oxo product. Any suggestions with regards to maybe better supplements to take would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and my Schedule is Mon-Wed-Fri Intense Lifting Workout, Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday 30-45min Cardio Ranging from Elyptical, jogging, stairmaster, to jump rope.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally avoid rtds because I hear that the protein can be destroyed during the process. I guess some do it without heat but I'm paranoid of not getting the protein I need. Optimum whey is fine. The only real world benefit to whey isolate is its easier on the stomach. If concentrate doesn't bother you go with optimum. If you feel bloated pay the extra cash and try an isolate. I will say I do like to use other options like caisen or egg. Caiesen is used during the night or times you want a protein that breaks down slower. Now adays I'dont even bother with it and use optimum for all my shakes.

Swirv

Swirv

Awards
How old are you?
I am 23, I used to lift heavily in high school but injured my back (L4 L5 Degenerative Disk) so I stopped, but I am feeling a lot better now and wanted to get back into shape. Mainly looking to lose weight, build up my core muscles, and just get back into the habit of exercising.

I have been eating six times a day:

8am - 3 egg whites 1 yok
10am - Fat free yogurt, fruit, protein shake, or granola bar
12am - Chicken, salad, salmon, or a turkey sandwich
3pm - Fat free yogurt, fruit, protein shake, or granola bar
6pm - Steak, chicken, salmon, salad, turkey sandwich, or something else.
9pm - Fruit smoothie (fat free yogurt, ice, milk or orange juice, fresh fruit)

Any advice on modifying my diet, and or suggestions to supplements would be greatly appreciated.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
I am 23, I used to lift heavily in high school but injured my back (L4 L5 Degenerative Disk) so I stopped, but I am feeling a lot better now and wanted to get back into shape. Mainly looking to lose weight, build up my core muscles, and just get back into the habit of exercising.

I have been eating six times a day:

8am - 3 egg whites 1 yok
10am - Fat free yogurt, fruit, protein shake, or granola bar
12am - Chicken, salad, salmon, or a turkey sandwich
3pm - Fat free yogurt, fruit, protein shake, or granola bar
6pm - Steak, chicken, salmon, salad, turkey sandwich, or something else.
9pm - Fruit smoothie (fat free yogurt, ice, milk or orange juice, fresh fruit)

Any advice on modifying my diet, and or suggestions to supplements would be greatly appreciated.
being that your trying to lose some fat I would replace that last meal with a simple protien shake you dont really want carbs or fat that late in the evening just my .02