Tribulus growing your own

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
I just brought some tribulus seeds and im going to try and get a few plants, any one got any or now about growing it im thinking about a few in the garden and a green house full of it.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I just brought some tribulus seeds and im going to try and get a few plants, any one got any or now about growing it im thinking about a few in the garden and a green house full of it.
That's pretty cool actually!

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
ya but what/how is the main extract extracted from the plant and how would u know doses? any idea? sounds cool, wish it was more simple because i'd start growing all kinds of stuff. "eat one whole leaf spread out throughout the day for optimal results"

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
I was planing on drying it out and capping the powder, i make loads
of tictures at home and i was going to by at ticture from it, the caps when full should contain 1000mg and as for the ticture i will start at 5 drops and increase the dose untill i find the optimum dose,

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
first you dry it then roll a fatty and smoke it! :blink:

mix in some marijuana for an optimum stack, test booster and appetite stimulant. :twisted:

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
I was planing on drying it out and capping the powder, i make loads
of tictures at home and i was going to by at ticture from it, the caps when full should contain 1000mg and as for the ticture i will start at 5 drops and increase the dose untill i find the optimum dose,
pretty cool idea, just not my cup of tea. i'd love to see some pictures of the plant before you harvest it and once it is dried and you begin capping. :bruce3:

Thudd

Awards
We had tribulus growing wild in our backyard. It's fkn evil stuff, if you've ever seen the seeds you'll know why the plant is called "puncture vine". It's taken a couple of years but we've finally got it under control and it rarely pops up any more (and is ruthlessly dealt with when it does!)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah you put it in your basement with a bunch of hydro tanks and high power lights. would love to be there when dea busts down your door at midnight only to find out its a herbal test booster. woohoo what a hoot.:numbered:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
We had tribulus growing wild in our backyard. It's fkn evil stuff, if you've ever seen the seeds you'll know why the plant is called "puncture vine". It's taken a couple of years but we've finally got it under control and it rarely pops up any more (and is ruthlessly dealt with when it does!)
Yeah, it grows everywhere here in Arizona. Hate it! It's an introduced noxious weed here.

I would research the extraction methods for Trib first..there may be undesirable compounds in the whole plant.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
the seedlings are growing well, i will wait till there big before posting a picture, i done a bit of reseach about extracting it asso for all i know it to chop of the top parts of the plants but i need to look a lot more into it

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I have grown plants before but not Trib. This sounds cool if it works.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
How many plants are you growing? In good conditons the biggest plants I've seen spread out to around 3 foot in diameter.

They like heat.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Haha that is awesome I didnt know those little prickly weeds were tribulus....they are everywhere in Az

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yep, got a crop of them sprouting up in my yard here in Flagstaff. F'in hate them!

Just before they set seed, I'm going to spray them with RoundUp ..just to be vindictive and deny them the pleasure of reproducing. lol

the russian

the russian

Awards
Please do not tell me you are planning on chopping up weeds in a coffee grinder and capping them...!

This is a highly INEFFECTIVE and possibly dangerous experiment. You're going to have to take tens of hundreds of "plant pills" to equal one cap from a product which is chemically extracted (yes, chemically, they don't just run the weed through a juicer).

Not to mention that plants have some nasty fibers in them which cannot be digested and will make you HELLA SICK.

If you want to learn how to chemically extract trib, just log onto one of the net's countless 'anarchist cookbook' site and replace the word "poppy" with "trib".

And be prepared to cold call a bunch of research suppliers pretending you're some kind of university grad student looking for ungodly amounts of otherwise inaccessable chems...

I admire your spirit of adventure...

But ...

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
i have about 8 seedlings growing, as for extracting methods i have dried lots of herbs and capped them succefully, tinctures are very effective ways of extracting substances but i do need to do more reseach

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have about 8 seedlings growing, as for extracting methods i have dried lots of herbs and capped them succefully, tinctures are very effective ways of extracting substances but i do need to do more reseach
Why bother? Trib is cheap and never gets solid reviews. Some people like it but most notice little and it hasn't ever been shown to increase test but simply increase libido. Also those mixed reviews were on potent extract not just raw root. In the end you will spend almost as much money with electricity and also risk getting sick and have VERY little odds of getting any benefit at all. I also think this is interesting to read but you should not be risking your health for zero benefit for our entertainment.

I am sure we could get a collection going and ask Nutra or Custom Nut to donate a bottle or two as well.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
Why bother? Trib is cheap and never gets solid reviews. Some people like it but most notice little and it hasn't ever been shown to increase test but simply increase libido. Also those mixed reviews were on potent extract not just raw root. In the end you will spend almost as much money with electricity and also risk getting sick and have VERY little odds of getting any benefit at all. I also think this is interesting to read but you should not be risking your health for zero benefit for our entertainment.

I am sure we could get a collection going and ask Nutra or Custom Nut to donate a bottle or two as well.
i already have the seeds i will not be using any electricity to grow the plants, and i certainly would not risk my health for your entertainment or any one for that matter, tribulus has been used safely in herbal medicine for thousands of years, money isno object and unlike you i can be botherd :FUfinger:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If money is no object then why do it? Unless this is your hobby I don't even see a need to go through the process. If you could possibly get a better/more potent and cost effective version I would understand but it seems this isn't the case and since it is widely available and legal, what is the purpose?

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
If money is no object then why do it? Unless this is your hobby I don't even see a need to go through the process. If you could possibly get a better/more potent and cost effective version I would understand but it seems this isn't the case and since it is widely available and legal, what is the purpose?

its not really a hobby well sort of, but i do find it interesting, i do like to grow things (veg/fruit) and other things that have there uses, when i was younger i use to grow pot and brew beer, cider, wine i just find when i grow or make something it makes me very satisfied when i use the finished products regardless of the results, i have always prepared herbal medicines and made homeopathic remedies, if i had a lab i would produce my own steroids/ph, i have been experimenting with different things, i made a tincture from gotu kola which has increased my energy levels and provided other benefits i made a tincture from muira puma that seems to help increase my test levels during pct as well as helping stop my niples itching.

Thudd

Awards
Just before they set seed, I'm going to spray them with RoundUp ..just to be vindictive and deny them the pleasure of reproducing. lol
That doesn't work. It kills the plant alright but what happens is the thorny seed pods dry out and become rock hard and if anything makes them worse. And I'm convinced that seeds from trib plants that have been hit with roundup will still germinate.

Pulling them out is the only way I could get rid of them.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yep, figured that one out already. lol. Hoeing doesn't work all that great either as they sprout back in a week or two.

Spray them when they are flowering..they're a tad more vulnerable then. The problem is here in AZ, they flower in the rainy season so the RoundUp gets washed away more frequently.

Evil plant.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
bloody seedlings died **** european weather il try again in the spring

zpnq

zpnq

Awards
This stuff grows in a vine that spreads accross the ground, its "seeds" are prickles. The prickles harden up during summer, before that they are just soft ish and wont hurt much. Its basicly a carpet, prickle type plant.

It grows in Australia naturally and gives out flat tires to push bike riders indiscriminately :p. I think you may need high dry temperatures to have it seed properly, but im not %100 sure. It gets to over 100f during the sumer here.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Ditto. It's native to the southern Mediterranean regions but has been introduced almost everywhere. It loves the deserts here in AZ. You'll want very good drainage..ie lots of sand and a strong UV input.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally, if you like growing things, I would highly suggest looking into sprouting. It is a great way to get amazing nutritional benefits that can help your diet and physique in more ways than you can imagine. A great website to look at is The Coolest Sprouting Seeds on our Planet! which contains a plethora of information about sprouting; you can probably read on there until the cows come home. And when you've finally got through all it, they have some great kits that you can order, or just do it yourself with glass jars and cheesecloth :)

Without overloading you with details, you can sprout pretty much anything , beans, seeds, quinoa, broccoli... You name it and it can probably be done. And the great thing is sprouting increases their protein content, their antioxidants, and their enzyme contents. And also if you sprout beans, you get no gas whatsoever! It's how I manage to eat so much chili and be gas free. Onions on the other hand, ohhh man!

Anyways I really hope you get into sprouting; it is quite simple, no questionable extractions, and very rewarding nutritionally and personally. Best of luck and PM me if you have any questions :) I honestly wish I could make everybody try sprouting, but my mind control is temporarily broken :(

Personally, if you like growing things, I would highly suggest looking into sprouting. It is a great way to get amazing nutritional benefits that can help your diet and physique in more ways than you can imagine. A great website to look at is The Coolest Sprouting Seeds on our Planet! which contains a plethora of information about sprouting; you can probably read on there until the cows come home. And when you've finally got through all it, they have some great kits that you can order, or just do it yourself with glass jars and cheesecloth :)

Without overloading you with details, you can sprout pretty much anything , beans, seeds, quinoa, broccoli... You name it and it can probably be done. And the great thing is sprouting increases their protein content, their antioxidants, and their enzyme contents. And also if you sprout beans, you get no gas whatsoever! It's how I manage to eat so much chili and be gas free. Onions on the other hand, ohhh man!

Anyways I really hope you get into sprouting; it is quite simple, no questionable extractions, and very rewarding nutritionally and personally. Best of luck and PM me if you have any questions :) I honestly wish I could make everybody try sprouting, but my mind control is temporarily broken :(

I just got into sprouting. I rather eat broccoli as a sprout before it grows into a flower(i think).