Best weightgainer for the money?

AM07

Awards
  • Established
My brother used to use CytoGainer, but is looking for something new that is a little cheaper. He doesn't want to make his own mass gainer for whatever reason.

He was looking at Universal Real Gains, or possibly MRM Gainer. Are either of these products decent?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
They are basically low-end whey with maltodextrin. They really are not ideal unless you do not mind a dirty bulk or are an a very active athlete.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
He is only going to be using it PWO, and 3/4 a serving in the morning. Other than that, he eats clean. He doesn't mind the CHO in them because his metabolism is crazy high.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If he is only using it for post-WO, then why doesn't he just get some WPI and some WMS? He could even use oats and fruit is he wants.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I would say make your own with steel cut oats, a whey protein (concentrate, isolate, or whatever depending on your budget/tastes), a casein protein, and even some WMS.

But, if you were to grab a weightgainer I think that Real Gains has the best nutrient profile out there. Low sugars, plenty of carbs, nice amino acid profile(from multiple sources of protein), and even some healthy fats. I've used it and I liked it. Like Rodja said though, it would push you towards more of a dirty bulk. But from the sound of it, your brother can take it. I got the chocolate. It was not bad.

Plus the tubs make for great storage units of mass amounts of bulk powders. I saved mine and put my multiple tubs of WMS into one Real Gains bucket. The handle is a plus too.