Hangover help

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

If you like to drink alcohol on weekends, what supplements would you suggest to reduce the negative effects the next day.

I noticed someone on these boards taking ALA and biotin while they drink... wat is up with that?

I have recently been taking vit B1, cysteine, general b vits and water nearing the end of my number of drinks. This choice to take these supps was based on the page, http://www.ceri.com/alcohol.htm which is a few years old now and there may be new things that are better to take.

Anyway , the next day is ok but not good.

Alcohol affects many differeent receptors including the Nmda, DA, serotonin receptors and this may be why that attempting to mitigate the physiologic deficiencies induced by alcohol it doesnt totally fix the bad feelings of the hangover.

Tahnks for any advice,

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Ive been told that PowerTrain is useful as well. Its a NADH based supplement.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Pedialyte is all you need to cure a hangover. Buy a quart of the stuff and keep it in the fridge. In the morn when you feel like ****, wake up and chug it. You'll be amazed at how much better you will feel. I'll also include the recipie for those of you who have this stuff lying around at home:D ...........

2 quarts water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons sugar
1 packet sugar free kool aid

"Presto" Pedialyte!

buyb12

Awards
  • Established
b12 is king for hangovers but why drink.............

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Bump on the pedialyte, I've heard this as well.

spike1205

Awards
pedialyte has worked for me countless times
lots of water before bed and a b vitamin also helps --keeps the morning much less painful

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
"Presto" Pedialyte!

2 quarts water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons sugar
1 packet sugar free kool aid

We dont have the kool aid here in australia... do i really need this to get the effects of pedialyte.

pedialyte seems so simple yet can do so much and I am really surpised about it

vitamin b12 hey... is that the cyanocobalamin or the methylcobalamin? and how much do I have

one other thing... why is this thread so funny?

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
I would venture say that asking why this thread is funny, makes it about 100x funnier.

T-Bar

Awards
When I was stationed in Korea we used to get this stuff called....****, I forget what it was called, but it was awesome. Now I take excedrin for those mornings when I've hit the optimator too hard the night before.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
any news on hangover help ppl?

whats that **** in korea?
whats optimator?
whats excedrin?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
there's something called chaser, which comes in several caps. gnc should carry it
Sage

Jay Mc

Awards
don't forget vitamin C. Alcohol leaches vitamin C from the body. B12 is really only an issue if you're an alcohol.

J

db682

Awards
  • Established
Stop being a pussy!!! If you cant handle the brew get the hell out the kitchen.
or learn when to say when. If you need some kind of remedy it probably means you drinking to much. A hangover every now and then wont kill, even though you may think different. But if your trying to figure out a way to get plastered and not have to pay the piper then maybe you should check this link out.
push here for cure :p :D

Learn to handle it. The hangovers all part of the game.:)

db

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
How about "Not Drinking"? Seems to me, from an athletic point of view, that's the right thing to do...

...of course, that was SO MUCH easier to do back when GHB was available in every nutrition store... Oh well...

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Oh well GHB is not exactly unattainable you just have to go through a few more steps

db682

Awards
  • Established
few more steps, few more risks, what the hell. Ive heard heroin can help too.;)

fsufanatik

Awards
Hi,

If you like to drink alcohol on weekends, what supplements would you suggest to reduce the negative effects the next day.

I noticed someone on these boards taking ALA and biotin while they drink... wat is up with that?

I have recently been taking vit B1, cysteine, general b vits and water nearing the end of my number of drinks. This choice to take these supps was based on the page, http://www.ceri.com/alcohol.htm which is a few years old now and there may be new things that are better to take.

Anyway , the next day is ok but not good.

Alcohol affects many differeent receptors including the Nmda, DA, serotonin receptors and this may be why that attempting to mitigate the physiologic deficiencies induced by alcohol it doesnt totally fix the bad feelings of the hangover.

Tahnks for any advice,
Best medicine? Dont drink :)

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
maggmaster yeah, I know. Actually after it was banned, I bought some very high-grade chemicals and synthesized my own. Worked wonders.

But the stuff sold now is certainly *NOT* health-food grade... I hear these people use paint remover and don't even purify the **** after... ;)

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
That is why you make it yourself... careful though last time this subject came up the thread got removed

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
LOL what is it? Someone is sooooo scared about GHB dude. The disinformation about it is staggering.

Interestingly, when one searches PubMed and checks for addictiveness or toxicity of this substance, it is incredibly safe and beneficial.

Oh and it's Schedule I drug now? Like heroin?

Yeah, yeah, one guy put some in a girls drink. So what? Sleeping pills in gel form have some clear liquid in them... OMG I just instructed some rapists how to do it! Will I go to jail for posting this terrible information? ;)

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
I dont mind a discussion about it provided it has some relevance... I just don't want to see instructions for how to synth it or where to get ghb or gbl...

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Thats what I thought which was why I didnt post the instructions

cookmic5

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't recommend Chaser because some people I know tried it and spent the better part of the night vomitting black stuff, which turned out to be coal. I guess coal is used to slow absorbtion or something like that. I personally think the best supp is good ol' H2O. A hangover is essentially dehydration, replacing the lost water is your best bet. Try to remember to drink a good amount of water before bed if you can, and put down more than your usual amount the next day. Yeah you'll probably have to wake up and piss during the night, but hey, its better than vomiting coal.

Oh, and as far as the question of "why drink?" goes, there are subtle joys found in waking up the next day not knowing what her name is or where in the hell you are :eek:

cookmic5

db682

Awards
  • Established
cookmic has a good point. If you are going to drink the best Preventitive would be water and alot of it. Back in the frat days I used to get hammered and the only thing that would help would be water w/ sugar in it. It didnt completely rememedy my alement but it certainly helped. I started doing it one day after watching the discovery channel special on hangovers. Kool Aid or Iced tea (none of that sugar free **** either) also seemed to help but the water and sugar worked the best. The only problems I remember were the pissing all night long **** (which is common if your getting trashed anyways) or trying to drink that **** in bed and always spilling it down your neck and chest and it ends up as a wet spot in the bed. Thats probably another reason Kool aid may not always be a good idea. Sticky chest and stained sheets the next morning. :p

I havent drank hard in so long that now I get buzzed off two beers. I love it!! It so much cheaper then drinking allnight for a buzz and a hangover. :D

db

buyb12

Awards
  • Established
B12..is still king

It's the b vitamins that are leached and it take up to 20 days to get them back to normal after a real night drinking

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
Well, if you KNOW you're gonna do it... Drink a lot of water during the day and ALSO eat foods high in potassium chloride and sodium chloride. A good balance of those is IMPORTANT. You can achieve this by putting a lot of SEA (*NOT* table) salt on your food and drink lots of h2o... during the day if you're going to be drinking that night.

When you get home with those 2 ugly chicks that seem to look nice because you are so drunk, have some fruit juice before bed...

You'll be fine the next day, other than the horror of thinking "OMG *WHAT* is that? How do I get it out of here without waking it up???" ;)

weeenisss

Board Supporter
Awards
gatorade and some multivitamins --better the night before

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chaser is ****, don't use it.

I don't know about X03, or whatever the hell that is, but its first ingredient Glucathione. Althought this is essential for healthy liver function, I'm not aware that raw supplementation does anything at all. If it was NAC, ALA, and Milk Thistle, maybe their claims would be worth something.

Gatorade and Multis, extra B-12 and C the night before, LOTS of water, and some Excedrin or Naproxin for the headache in the morning, and you can make it to work and not feel like a drunk dumb ass. Also, even if you feel like barfing, eating a high-salt, big ass breakfast is extremely important. Your electrolyte balance is screwed, you've killed a bunch of beneficial bacteria in your digestive tract, and if you don't eat, your hangover will get much worse.

Better yet, don't drink so much that you need to prepare for how wasted you're undoubtedly going to get!

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Article in MD recomends prickily pear extract 5 hours before consumption reduced hangovers symptoms in the study 50%, also recomended 2 glasses of water, and aspirin before bed, avoiding red wine, and adding some honey in drinks since alchohol reduces blood sugar.

Kraziplaya

Awards
im real prone to hangovers....but whenever im on NO2 or creatine or both i seem to not be phased by a hard nite of drinking....this is no BS...try it....of course...i do my best to stay hydrated but im sure the NO2/Creatine is doing something to rid me of a hangover

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Water (b/4 during and after), ALCAR, and charcoal pills (cheap).