Is there on consensus on best bang for buck for BCAA blends?

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
So I bought some bulk BCAAs...taste horrible of course ;). Rather than pay for crystal light I might as well go with a drink that has BCAAs. Is there one that is generally considered the best, or the best bang for the buck? I'm looking at Excell, Xtend, and Purple Wrath

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
So I bought some bulk BCAAs...taste horrible of course ;). Rather than pay for crystal light I might as well go with a drink that has BCAAs. Is there one that is generally considered the best, or the best bang for the buck? I'm looking at Excell, Xtend, and Purple Wrath
I've tried Amino Vital - tastes pretty good, but I don't know if it's a good value.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
as far as i know, amino vital only has a few grams of bcaa in it. i really like the taste of watermelon xtend, and i know many people agree with me on this. at first, it taste a little odd, but when the only liquids u drink are h20, protein, and flavored bcaa's, the xtend really dose taste great! i love it! oh almost forgot, a kilo is generally like $48 i think, but u can find the backbone stack(think thats what it is called) which is a kilo of xtend and 2lbs of substance whey isolate for only about $2 more then just the xtend!!!! not sure if NP still carries it, but many other places do

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
Don't go with excell. I think it's a good product but the taste isn't all that great and it mixes terribly. Xtend is one of the best supplements I have ever used, I do 5 scoops during workouts, 6 scoops on leg day, and I am literally never sore. Note that I have used BCAA's a lot, in pretty big quantities, in combo with other products such as no xplode, garbage, and glutamine. It's probably the cit malate, nevertheless, give watermelon xtend a try. Haven't used purple wraath yet, but I am sure it works well too. Oh and by the way, Xtend mixes almost instantly (let it set for a few minutes and shake it again and you're golden) good luck!

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
And yeah amino vital is okay...but not cost effective. It's a product that is more appealing to fitness enthusiasts and cyclists...which in my opinion is stupid because they too need more aminos. IMO it's a waste to take BCAA's unless they're 10-15 grams. On workout days I take in like 35-40 grams of JUST BCAA's, not including those from protein powders, which are a bit different since they are naturally occuring in protein.

illfoo

Awards
Hmm... I've never had a problem with the mixability of Excell. If I let it sit about 5 minutes, it dissolves completely for me.

But yeah, the first few times the taste is weird. Not really bad, just weird. Not nearly as bad as unflavored bulk BCAAs, but after your first few servings it starts to taste good.

I really like the Excell. Good price, and I actually really like the taste now, but it is an acquired taste.

Oh yeah, and I think the grape Excell tastes better than the Purple Wraath, FWIW. Never tried Xtend, but it seems like all three are excellent products.

sssc

sssc

Awards
hey pros,

i have been using Scifits: Amino Infusion 5000 for some time now, and i love it... it comes in liquid form in 32 oz bottles for only $20.00...

if you compare the mgs of products per, you want find a better buy... IMHO

your brother in the battle,

sssc

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
And yeah amino vital is okay...but not cost effective. It's a product that is more appealing to fitness enthusiasts and cyclists...which in my opinion is stupid because they too need more aminos. IMO it's a waste to take BCAA's unless they're 10-15 grams. On workout days I take in like 35-40 grams of JUST BCAA's, not including those from protein powders, which are a bit different since they are naturally occuring in protein.
You're right - Amino Vital is geared more towards the fitness crowd. It sounds as though everyone agrees that Xtend is the best product, but I wanted to ask if you noticed much of difference supping 35-40g BCAAs as opposed to a lower dose of 5 - 10g. I usually add 5g pre and post to my shakes.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
from bb.com..

All,

In response to the daily threads inquiring on which EAA and/or BCAA supplement is best, below you will find comparison charts that will hopefully help each prospective buyer make that decision for themselves.

Many seem unaware that not all Amino Acid products are comparable. For instance, I have seen many threads entitled “Purple Wraath or Xtend…?” and IMHO these two products are not identical comparisons. PW would be considered an EAA supplements while Xtend is considered a BCAA supplement.

For cost reasons, I purposely left off encapsulated products. I find powder to be more practicable and cost effective. And, if selected wisely, they can be quite enjoyable to the taste.

Enough of my jibber-jabber, here are the charts…

Hope this helps!

sssc

sssc

Awards
hey pro...

thanks for the spread sheet... very nice... looks like scifit held its own...

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
hey good posting! those scifit bcaa's, are they flavored or is it just like buying bulk? anyone tried them? anyways its all about that xtend, tastes great!

sssc

sssc

Awards
hey good posting! those scifit bcaa's, are they flavored or is it just like buying bulk? anyone tried them? anyways its all about that xtend, tastes great!
hey pro...

i always buy the 32 oz. fruit punch off of bb.com, but they also offer a grape flavor too...

sssc

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure the scifit BCAA's are just bulk BCAA powder. Although from a few threads I've read it somehow appears to be tasteless. I'm not sure if it's true though.

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
I just use bulk Leucine from NP, I used to spend the extra $$ for BCAA's but I get the same results from just the Leucine IMO. I mix it with Poseidon and Whey in the blender bottle during work out. For the BCAA's if I were takiking them my vote would be for Extend.