WHEY protein like sugar

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
Did I read somewhere that Whey protein is like taking sugar? If this is true I have a 5lb tub of whey isolate for free

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not true...somebody might have said that taking weight certain weight gainers are like taking whey and sugar...which in a few casese might have some validity.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
You mean if we say it is like sugar you will send us a 5lb tub of whey isolate for free?

If so then yes it is like sugar, I will PM you my address :)

CROWLER

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
I am simply stating that if taking whey is like taking sugar, only if its true, i will give away my 5lb jug of whey,

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
No Conan,

Stxnas was right it is not anything like taking sugar. That would be like saying eating steak is like drinking a diet soda. Neither is even close to accurate.

Who told you that?

CROWLER

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Edit: Posted same time as Crowler...proceed gentlemen!

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
I thought I read it somewhere on here, Not a specific thread it was just in the listing

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
Not the same, whey is protein, and sugar is a carbohydrate
If you're talking about the effects on insulin...the sugar is always going to elicit a greater response than an equal amount of just whey

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
thats what i meant, the effects whey has on insulin this listing was saying it was the same a sugar

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
thats what i meant, the effects whey has on insulin this listing was saying it was the same a sugar
I've never seen exact numbers, but I think whey does give you a pretty big insulin response.
Probably not comparable with the same amount of sugar though.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
so whey isnt good during a cut
I think it's fine, unless you're somehow getting tons of calories from your whey.

If you're using it post workout alone, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you're using it at other times you can always slow down digestion. Have some fat and/or fibrous carbs/vegetebles with it.

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info. i just started whey again and i mix it in my morning shake with psyillium husks, organic no sugar cocoa and stevia

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Go with Casein during a cut. It keeps you satiated longer and actually tastes a lot better. Just save whey for post-workout.

Did I read somewhere that Whey protein is like taking sugar? If this is true I have a 5lb tub of whey isolate for free
Please leave the whey isolate alone and go to the libary and isolate an intro to nutrition text book. If you listen to my advice and you are serious about physique enhancement or sport performance. I just saved you ALOT of heart ache!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I stated whey will cause a spike in blood sugar, and cause a crash. So no it is not good during a cut, unless you are drinking POST-WO or maybe first thing in the morning.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Go with Casein during a cut. It keeps you satiated longer and actually tastes a lot better. Just save whey for post-workout.
I use Ultra Peptide all the time. Post workout I use Isolate.

He probably meant that whey is absorbed very fast, and delivered into your bloodstream. Sugar is, as well, digested very fast.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
I use Ultra Peptide all the time. Post workout I use Isolate.

He probably meant that whey is absorbed very fast, and delivered into your bloodstream. Sugar is, as well, digested very fast.
I may give that a shot, heard good things about XF.