Phenibut for anxiety

powerhouse21

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering if anybody has taking phenibut and noticed any effects on their stress/anxiety level. As of late ive found out that i may have anxiety myself and id like to see if this is worth a go. Any feedback is appreciated.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely...Phenibut is great for anxiety, but tolerance issues are there. Phenibut also has its own withdrawal problems (as do any GABAergics), but compared to a panic attack, well worth the chance.

Phenibut is highly recommended.

envythahustla

Awards
Absolutely...Phenibut is great for anxiety, but tolerance issues are there. Phenibut also has its own withdrawal problems (as do any GABAergics), but compared to a panic attack, well worth the chance.

Phenibut is highly recommended.
I totally agree with Dsade. If you have bad anxiety problems then 2 grams at once will help, or you can take 1 gram twice a day. To combat tolerance issues try to take Phenibut no more than 3-4 days in a row max followed by the equal amount of time off as a "wash out" period.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut works

I only take it every other day due to the tolerance/withdrawal risk.

The first time I took it I took a gram and I was a little loopy and I didn't get much done at work. I wouldn't drink alcohol on the days you take it.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I have used it to help with sleep, and have been sleeping so deep it's amazing. I also took it once in a day, but I was late at all my classes, and I didn't seem to care, so I just used it for sleep 3 x a week...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I know this may be a bit off but what about FocusXT or ClearEdge? I understand those are more focus/concentration based but wouldn't that be a bit better in some cases? Just a thought.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would suppose it depends on the context of the anxiety. If this is something l like Test anxiety...fear of failure...then something like Clear Edge would definitely help.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I would suppose it depends on the context of the anxiety. If this is something l like Test anxiety...fear of failure...then something like Clear Edge would definitely help.
Exactly what i was thinking. I know i get test anxiety so when school comes around ill have some cleaaredge or focus ready.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Exactly, nootropics if you need to be "on" and phenibut products if you need to relax or be social.

propho

Awards
  • Established
phenibut was decent.. wish there were something better.. or something you could mix it with to increase the effects..

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
phenibut was decent.. wish there were something better.. or something you could mix it with to increase the effects..
Try a good quality Magnolia (high in magnolol).

propho

Awards
  • Established
Never even heard of that.. I guess it's one of those random things Vitamin Shoppe would have..

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Piracetam/ALCAR/Choline
Works great for me
If I am feeling depressed then phenibut

ber7923

Awards
I used Phenibut for a few days at 2 grams and it was great the first two days but then tolerance developed. Do you know whether there is a limit to tolerance, meaning beyond a certain point the effects will remain and not have tolerance (even if that means having to take many grams)?

Thanks!