Low carb bars, IMPACT carbs!

  1. Banned
    bpdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    I Forget
    Age
    39
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Low carb bars, IMPACT carbs!


    This is the label of the EAS low carb bars:

    This bar delivers 2 grams of Impact Carbs. Impact Carbs, including sugars and starches, are the carbohydrates that have a significant impact on blood glucose levels and should be monitored as part of your Low-Carb lifestyle. Other carbs, including glycerine, have minimal impact on blood sugar levels. Total Carbohydrates in the Nutrition Facts box includes dietary fiber, impact carbs and other carbs. For more information, call 1-800-297-9776. http://www.eas.com/products/product_select.asp

    Do you count these OTHER carbs in a low carb phase?  When cutting I hate carbs, I don't want to be eating that many carbs!  Anyone can help?

  2. Banned
    YellowJacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In front of a computer. At all times.
    Posts
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    I hate low carb diets, but Im under the impression that carbs like Dietary fiber, simple sugars, and starches are counted, which are the major carbs you'll find on the nutrition label.
  3. Banned
    bpdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    I Forget
    Age
    39
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    I believe you don't count fiber
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    YellowJacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In front of a computer. At all times.
    Posts
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Originally posted by bpdaddy
    I believe you don't count fiber
    So fiber isnt a complex carbohydrate? You wouldnt count carbs from oatmeal or bran flakes??
  5. Registered User
    windwords7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    1565

    Hmmmm? That dosen't add up.
  6. Banned
    bpdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    I Forget
    Age
    39
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    I am no Fibre guru, but according to a RN nurse you don't count fibre cuz you don't digest it.

    Second on Atkins boxes it subtracts fibre to give you Net carbs.

    Now I am not saying I am right...I am just saying what I understand
  7. Kay
    Kay is offline
    Registered User
    Kay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    231

    Originally posted by bpdaddy
    I am no Fibre guru, but according to a RN nurse you don't count fibre cuz you don't digest it.

    Second on Atkins boxes it subtracts fibre to give you Net carbs.

    Now I am not saying I am right...I am just saying what I understand
    yeah i don;t see apoint in counting something that's impossible to digest in the body
  8. Registered User
    Sheesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    527
    Rep Power
    406

    Originally posted by bpdaddy


    Do you count these OTHER carbs in a low carb phase?  When cutting I hate carbs, I don't want to be eating that many carbs!  Anyone can help?
    No, you don't count them.
  9. Registered User
    nobull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Beautiful South
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    145

    Originally posted by bpdaddy
    This is the label of the EAS low carb bars:

    This bar delivers 2 grams of Impact Carbs. Impact Carbs, including sugars and starches, are the carbohydrates that have a significant impact on blood glucose levels and should be monitored as part of your Low-Carb lifestyle. Other carbs, including glycerine, have minimal impact on blood sugar levels. Total Carbohydrates in the Nutrition Facts box includes dietary fiber, impact carbs and other carbs. For more information, call 1-800-297-9776. http://www.eas.com/products/product_select.asp

    Do you count these OTHER carbs in a low carb phase?  When cutting I hate carbs, I don't want to be eating that many carbs!  Anyone can help?
    If by "other" carbs you are referring to the glycerine, maltitol and other ingredients, then maybe. Some low carbers use these types of bars with sugar alcohols and it doesn't affect them. For others, it does. During the induction phase, you may want to avoid them, and incorporate them in after induction.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Low carb and high carb
    By johnathan1995 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-23-2012, 10:59 AM
  2. Kwik Carb Waxy maize carb ?
    By Xpballer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 01:52 AM
  3. Who's looking for Low carbs or High carbs?
    By Jim Mills in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 11:18 AM
  4. Highest Protein/lowest carb bars?
    By Mr.50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in