would 600 mg daily be an effective dose. or should it be higher

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look at the doses other people are running with similiar products and you can gauge a good range.

600 seems good.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
So i din't know what this was and searched the web on it. Would it make sense to take this to help recover your adrenal gland...? Simply because it comes from there. I'm going to be on RestAD but was thinking this would be a good addtion. Is my theory wrong?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Adrenosterone is the active in 11-OXO and 3-AD. It's a prohormone with selective cortisol modulating properties. I don't see it providing any benefit to adrenal function.

coug42

coug42

Awards
  • Established
checked cnw and even ran a search for it on their site and i can't find it.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
So i din't know what this was and searched the web on it. Would it make sense to take this to help recover your adrenal gland...? Simply because it comes from there. I'm going to be on RestAD but was thinking this would be a good addtion. Is my theory wrong?
You a big dude man...

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Huh...?

adrenosterone: Information from Answers.com
This came through a search on Google. Forgive me if this linkis "illegal"
These are parts of PA's 11-OXO write-up:

11-OXO is the trademark name for adrenosterone. Adrenosterone is an adrenal androgen. “Adrenal androgen” means it is a hormone produced by the adrenal gland that is in the same general hormonal class as testosterone (another example of an adrenal androgen is DHEA).

Adrenosterone is released by the adrenal gland in conjunction with other stress hormones, primarily cortisol and cortisone. The exact function of adrenosterone has never been fully understood, however recent research seems to indicate that it serves to modulate the actions of cortisol in the body.

Cortisol is a vital hormone made by the adrenal gland and it is considered a stress hormone. When your body is stressed it seeks to quickly liberate energy stores and cortisol assists this by stimulating the breakdown of muscle protein to amino acids and stored triglycerides (fat) to free fatty acids. It also instructs the liver to up-regulate its systems for processing these fuels - the gluconeogenesis pathway for amino acids and the beta-oxidation pathway for fats.

The catabolic consequences of elevated cortisol on muscle tissue is pretty clear-cut and well understood by most bodybuilders. The effects of cortisol on body fat content and distribution, and on vital metabolic pathways in the liver however are not. Even less understood are the tissue specific controls that activate and deactivate cortisol on a local level throughout the body. I am talking about enzymes located at places like the liver, visceral fat, brain, vascular tissue, and (yes) skeletal muscle that serve to control whether cortisol is activated or deactivated within these tissues themselves. It is these enzyme systems that scientists are now recognizing as perhaps the most significant metabolic aspect of cortisol in regards to body composition, heart disease, diabetes, and other maladies that together have come to be known as "Syndrome X". And most importantly, it is this localized enzyme system that holds spectacular medical promise as a pharmacological target to greatly improve health and physical fitness
Adrenosterone is found in the blood of both men and women. For men it is present in the blood at a concentration about 1/10 that of testosterone, and in women it is actually present in amounts roughly 33% greater than men.

In most species including humans it is produced in the adrenal gland under the influence of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH). However in many fish, including salmon, tilapia, eel, trout, bass, and others it is produced in the testes along with 11-oxotestosterone (which is actually the major androgen in many fish)

*It is important to mention that being a precursor to the active androgen 11-oxotestosterone, exceeding the recommend dose and duration of use may result in increased risk of androgenic side effects and HPTA suppression. This suppression while minimal at the recommended dosage, can temporarily effect fertility and sex hormone production at higher dosages. This directed use of this product is specifically designed to selectively provide cortisol modulation while minimizing sex hormone activity. Please do not exceed recommended dosage. This product is to be used by males only.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
So Rpen that was deffinetly better than the weka link i provided. I'm still not clear on how it would or wouldn't aid in the adrenal gland function...? Wouldn't it actually help it? I'm deff interestead in this stuff and will keep an eye on logs and research that follows.

Whos loggin first...?

Boris

Awards
I'm still not clear on how it would or wouldn't aid in the adrenal gland function...? Wouldn't it actually help it? I'm deff interestead in this stuff and will keep an eye on logs and research that follows.
One possibility is that it might reduce production of adrenosterone in the adrenal gland via a feedback loop, in the same way as administering testosterone reduces the production of testosterone in the testes. I don't know whether such a feedback loop exists for adrenosterone or not.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So Rpen that was deffinetly better than the weka link i provided. I'm still not clear on how it would or wouldn't aid in the adrenal gland function...? Wouldn't it actually help it? I'm deff interestead in this stuff and will keep an eye on logs and research that follows.
I'm not sure how it would affect it, but I just didn't think that since it's released from the adrenals, then it automatically helps adrenal function.

Ask Dr.D, he'd know better than I do.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
One possibility is that it might reduce production of adrenosterone in the adrenal gland via a feedback loop, in the same way as administering testosterone reduces the production of testosterone in the testes. I don't know whether such a feedback loop exists for adrenosterone or not.
Yea i didn't think of it that way.