VP2 vs 100% whey gold standard

1. Registered User

VP2 vs 100% whey gold standard

Which is better?
    I have been hearing VP2 is the best although it is only WPI it aparently uses the latest technology and increases nitrogen retention, the company I know always goes by science and not BS from what I have read so I guess it would be the best WPI. Just wanna know what everyone thinks.

2. Registered User

Well I am switching over to VP2.
  3. Registered User

Not worth it IMO. Just get your protein in.

I just went to their website and their claims are laughable.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

they also only come in 2lb tubs right?? far too expensive if your taking in 4-6 scoops a day on average. ON whey is good stuff.Stick with it, your wallet will thank you.
  5. Registered User

I dont really care about the cost. Everyone at my cousins gym are all taking VP2 and they would be paying probly $80 for 2lbs or however much they would sell it for here in Australia.
    AST products are all backed by research they cite scientific publications whenever they can.
    I have a thread called "get to know your whey" and after going through it again and looking at the ingredients on ON and then on VP2 I dont see the point in taking ON rather than VP2+BCAAs the only thing ON has is aminogen and lactase, but VP2 has no lactose in it anyway. VP2 also uses a more modern form of filtering where they can isolate the growth factors so you get less of the **** ones which make you fart and more of the anabolic ones.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

I know VP2 has a big following in Australia. Every time i went into a vitamin shop they would straihgt away show me the VP2. Another brand they sell in Aus which actually comes in bigger tubs is PVL. Its very good quality and much more cost effective. But i think you'l find the available supps in Aus are so limited a lot of people aren't aware of what else is out there. I mean seriously i doubt these guys have ever heard of Anabolic Pump, or Superdrol or anything else that gets talked about a lot on this board because they arent avaiable at home and our customs is ridiculously strict. ON Whey GS is hard to beat. I think you will get sick of paying $80 for a 2lb tub of VP2 when u can get 10lb ON for i dunno $160 or something like that....i could be wrong on the price there. havent checked in a while.
  7. Registered User

I dig VP2 for post-wo.
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    I know VP2 has a big following in Australia. Every time i went into a vitamin shop they would straihgt away show me the VP2. Another brand they sell in Aus which actually comes in bigger tubs is PVL. Its very good quality and much more cost effective. But i think you'l find the available supps in Aus are so limited a lot of people aren't aware of what else is out there. I mean seriously i doubt these guys have ever heard of Anabolic Pump, or Superdrol or anything else that gets talked about a lot on this board because they arent avaiable at home and our customs is ridiculously strict. ON Whey GS is hard to beat. I think you will get sick of paying $80 for a 2lb tub of VP2 when u can get 10lb ON for i dunno $160 or something like that....i could be wrong on the price there. havent checked in a while.

Everyone here knows about ON, whenever I walk into any place including GNC there is a big section for ON. VP2 from NP works out to be double the price of ON partly due to the fact you cant buy bigger than 2lbs, but WPI is the most expensive form of protein plus your paying for the technology in filtering. I just might get sick of paying double though but my next order is going to include 4 tubs of the stuff and I will see how I go.
  9. Banned

one thing you will notice is that you wont be a walking fart machine. I know that VP2 is only whey isolate while On is a blend of Isolate and concentrate. concentrate is of poor quality. but i really dont understand why othe than it contains lactose.
  10. Registered User

I never fart on ON anyways, if I have a protein bar I will rip some monsters but with ON I dont rip any at all.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

vp2 is good because its just isolation. Physique is also another good one which I don't fart with. Just protein isolation as well.
  12. Registered User

$80 for 2lbs?!?! If protein cost me that much I would only eat whole foods. The benefit at least for me to using protein supplements is because it costs less than whole foods and is convenient.

Either way, I doubt you'll notice any difference between VP2 and ON. I know I didn't. I think people place too much emphasis on the details of their supplements. Just get your protein in.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bearmeat View Post
    $80 for 2lbs?!?! If protein cost me that much I would only eat whole foods. The benefit at least for me to using protein supplements is because it costs less than whole foods and is convenient.

Either way, I doubt you'll notice any difference between VP2 and ON. I know I didn't. I think people place too much emphasis on the details of their supplements. Just get your protein in.
    well said. $80 X 4 tubs is a lot of chicken breasts!
  14. Registered User

2lbs of VP2 @ $50 = ~750g protein

5 x $10 steaks = ~400g protein
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.

Im confused as to what vp2 will do for you that ON's whey wont. There is no way it can justify the price difference
  16. Registered User

It has more growth factors and less impurities, more of the good growth factors and less of the **** ones.
    The way it is filtered it has the best of both worlds of WPC and WPI.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

why does ON whey win protein of the year all the time. is that a dodgy competition done only by bb.com?
  18. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    why does ON whey win protein of the year all the time. is that a dodgy competition done only by bb.com?
    I guess they consider everything around it: price, number of serviings, amount of protein. And alot of people prolly figure 'protein is protein' as long as your doing your end of the work by eating right and working out efficiently. Thats just what i figured in a business sense of it all.
  19. Registered User

As soon as I saw N.O. X-Plode in there I knew it was a BS competition.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 100% Whey Gold Standard (2 lbs)
    By Ari Gold in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM
  2. Natural 100% Whey Gold Standard (5 lbs.)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 10:46 AM
  3. Natural 100% Whey Gold Standard (2 lbs.)
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 10:46 AM
  4. ON 100% Whey Gold Standard Price?
    By SurfDan5 in forum Supplements
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 04:48 PM
  5. Optimum 100% Whey Gold Standard
    By beric83 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 07:56 AM