bad breath from protein

1. Registered User

bad breath from protein

Does anyone experience bad breath from their protein shakes? I scrape my tongue and everything, yet these protein shakes give me bad breath. Whats the deal. Are there any supplements for the bacterial enviroment of the mouth? Its almost as if after an hour of the shake, there is metallic taste in my mouth.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.

could be coming from inside ur throat

have u tried other types of protein shakes ie brands n ****?

only problem i get is bad gass ive only been taking for 2 weeks but im gona space out my shakes n meals also got my hands on some 'Bromelain' off a friend apparently helps with the digestion of protein and will ease off my problems of bloating and hopefully farting
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CarterMalone View Post
    Does anyone experience bad breath from their protein shakes? I scrape my tongue and everything, yet these protein shakes give me bad breath. Whats the deal. Are there any supplements for the bacterial enviroment of the mouth? Its almost as if after an hour of the shake, there is metallic taste in my mouth.

Its from the way your body digests protein. Are you on a lower carb diet?
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by soseg View Post
    could be coming from inside ur throat

have u tried other types of protein shakes ie brands n ****?

only problem i get is bad gass ive only been taking for 2 weeks but im gona space out my shakes n meals also got my hands on some 'Bromelain' off a friend apparently helps with the digestion of protein and will ease off my problems of bloating and hopefully farting
    Agreed, bad enough I have a problem with milks...I suck down whey/casein 2-3 times a day and my ass is a deadly weapon
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Its from the way your body digests protein. Are you on a lower carb diet?
    If so this would be a sure sign of ketosis!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.

Whats Ketosis?

CarterMalone - also have you been to a dentist? I once a few years back had chronically bad breath smelt like shet if my mouth was dry or if i ate cheese or milk or something, certain foods n stuff set off the bad breath bad, i found drinking i think... juices and water (keeping my mouth moist) made the smell go away, anyway i went to the dentist turned out i had 3 cavities where bacteria (i guess from maybe the milks n cheeses / when it was a dry mouth) was putting off that smell in the cavities, i got them fixed and it was an instant cure didnt have any worries talking face to face with anyone... could possibly maybe apply to you? maybe the protein is setting it off? get a check up if u havent in a while anyway i know im due

also... theres all this talk about eating lots of carbs n fibre... i think im eating a lot but i still think its not enough, is there a rough ratio of how much carbs/fibre type foods u wana eat in comparison to ur shakes/meats/eggs as a rough guide?

to that also theres a lot of stuff out there saying to eat your veggies...something i struggle with unless its betroot or potatos with my dinner, i just got myself a bottle of that V8 Veggie juice gona see how that goes having a glass of that a day or how ever much is recommended... so ill start that today and let u guys know if it improves my farting or bloating for me
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by soseg View Post
    Whats Ketosis?
    Search Cyclical ketogenic diet, or CKD! There is alot of info out there....... It is basicaly the end result in a high fat/protein low to no carb diet.(carb loading 1-2 days per week!by depleting your body of carbs you body is forced to use fat and ketones as energy.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.

It also helps to keep your muscle when your diet/excercise favors catabolism like when cutting.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.

eh doenst sound like something for me

i didnt eat enough carbs the other week i bloated up 10-15pounds dont know how much of it is bloating or fat but yeah getting on the toilet was horror it was like fire, i kicked in the oates and it cleared me up
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 07:31 AM
  2. Anyone got a bad stomach from 6-OXO?
    By Ator in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 02:51 AM
  3. Shortness of breath from 5aa cyp
    By Juiceman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 10:26 PM
  4. Shortness of breath from M1T
    By csrulez in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 12:56 PM
  5. Bad Sides from Trx (3,5 diiodo-l-thyronine)
    By Brodus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 05:20 PM