Healthy Cheat Foods: Low Carb Chip Mix

D

djl

Awards
  • Established
Any use this product?

How does it taste? Can you compare it to other chip-type products?

Did you notice the saltiness?

Thanks!

D

djl

Awards
  • Established
Monday bump.

Hopefully someone has purchased this and is willing to talk about it!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Stuff is pretty good. Don't think anything like Lays when you are going to eat em, but for whats in em, they taste pretty good, of course its all about experimenting though.

D

djl

Awards
  • Established
Stuff is pretty good. Don't think anything like Lays when you are going to eat em, but for whats in em, they taste pretty good, of course its all about experimenting though.
Thanks so much for posting!! I was beginning to wonder if they'd sold any of this stuff :)

Is it crispy at all?

I can see adding garlic/onion powder, some other stuff to them, but need to make sure it's at least crispy.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Thanks so much for posting!! I was beginning to wonder if they'd sold any of this stuff :)

Is it crispy at all?

I can see adding garlic/onion powder, some other stuff to them, but need to make sure it's at least crispy.
Like BJ said, you'll have to experiment a bit. I've found that the chips are the toughest to make out of the line. I always tend to burn mine. Of course I'm the polar opposite of Martha Stewart so it just may be me. :think: :)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established

Is it crispy at all?

Like ZBT said --- they are tough to get right. But I am in his boat as far as being the brightest cook in the kitchen ;).

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I agree they are an interesting thing.

DEFINITELY adding garlic etc makes them even better.

What we tried to do was have the amount of water added be just right so that you just pour them onto the cookie sheet and put in the oven. They come out very thin and you cut them up into whatever sizes you want.

IMO for being very high protein and low LOW carb with healthy fats from the flax seed and NO sodium added they are worth it.

I like them because you can eat them late late at night when you get the munches but you don't blow your diet and you get quite a bit of protein in right before bed :)

CROWLER