BCAA - on wo and non-wo days (sorry I searched already)

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but I can't find a defnitive answer anywhere. Do you take BCAA only pre-during-post workout or do you take on non workout days as well? My diet is in pretty good order and I have 3 ON 100% protein shakes a day (1 is post workout).

I might as well piggy back on my own thread and ask the same thing about beta-alanine. :)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I take BCAA's everyday.

I like them first thing in the morning after you have been fasting all night long. Plus, I mix in some Poseidon.

I take BA daily too.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I take BCAA's everyday.

I like them first thing in the morning after you have been fasting all night long. Plus, I mix in some Poseidon.

I take BA daily too.
BCAA's can be used a number of ways. If finances are not an issue, taking them everyday would certainly be beneficial, ESPECIALLY if your in a calorie deficient state (dieting/cutting).

The best times to take them are before during and after workouts. To get the most bang for your buck, taking them only during these times, on workout days is perfect.

As far as BA, that's a different animal. It needs to build up in your system over time (most studies are done with continual supplementation for at least 28 days). So you do need to take it daily...at least 3.2 grams total per day.

Hope this helps! ;)

Workin

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:goodpost:
If finances are not an issue, taking them everyday would certainly be beneficial, ESPECIALLY if your in a calorie deficient state (dieting/cutting).
That is the gods honest truth, there are plenty of supplements that provide some benefit, but what is it worth to you in dollars? CLA for instance, to get to max effectiveness i've heard doeses as high as 9g a day. BCAAs I hear as high as 25g a day. Even a 1kg tub doesnt last that long at that rate (40 days). I'm right now somewhere around $250-300/mo total in supps/protein powder. On a tighter budget, putting it all together would be waaaaay harder.

The G Train

The G Train

Awards
  • Established
I remember my exercise phys. professor saying that amino acid uptake is even greater on off days.