Protein Thread - type + brand + $$
- 06-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Protein Thread - type + brand + $$
First of all I'm trying to cut down my $$ on my next order before my wife throws me out
1. Is it worth spending the extra $$ for Casein at night? Can I just mix my Whey with milk instead? At $10 per lb I can get Whey much cheaper.
2. Do you all just go with ON's 100% Whey? I notice there are 2 that are cheaper. ISS Research makes a at $62 for 10lb, ABB makes at $46 for 9lb. ON is $68 for 10lb. I also saw another web site selling "Solid Whey" at around $48 for 10lb. But whey you go to solid whey's website it is basically a company that is no longer around. I'm wary to buy their product.
ISS = $6.2
ABB = $5.1
ON = $6.8
- 06-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Have you looked at NP? I am pretty sure that ON is cheaper than $68 for 10 lbs. Another thing to keep in mind is that protein prices are increasing across the board. The demand has finally reached the point where supply cannot keep up. IMO, it is worth the extra money to buy a casein product for at night or to use for homemade MRPs.M.Ed. Ex Phys
06-27-2007, 01:42 PM
06-27-2007, 01:44 PM
06-27-2007, 01:49 PM
06-27-2007, 01:51 PM
All The Whey has good prices on their proteins and they have an AM discount code. The only problem with them is that their shipping is nowhere near the speed of NP.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
06-27-2007, 01:53 PM
06-27-2007, 02:02 PM
1. I usually mix all my shakes with skim milk in 32oz shaker bottle. I use 2.5 scopps per and it comes out to 85g per shake. The only downside ofcourse is they can be heavy, especially if you have always done water.
The only time i use water only or a water/skim mix is post workout (quick absorbation).
Frankly, doing this and keeping my protien marco split, i never worried about the castien mix. As long as your getting enough, when you need it, getting the blends vs. isolate, your fine.
2. I recently spent 130+ on whey lately, mainly cause i have been getting sick of the flavors of ON and champion nutrition. I bought some 2lb samples from All the whey (sponser here) and so far 2 out of the 3 were good and i might buy 5lbs of them soon.
I have tired many, many types, but always come back to ON or CN. Overall mixing, flavors and cost make them the best out there IMO (not counting other compound mix protiens). The only close runner up has been GNC's; less potent per scoop, cost, membership cost, and their 1st or last wk of the month 2 for 1 deal thing, just didnt make it worth it for me. They taste great, though, but i do hate buying any thing there. They are such a rip.
As im sure you have seen, the prices have gone up quite a bit lately. I would suggest doing what i did, shop on amazon where the sub retailers have not caught onto the cost increase yet. Oh and buy big.
06-27-2007, 02:06 PM
as well as Syntrax Nectar for taste, damn those are yummy and 100% isolate. still a $10/lb range, but that EAS from sams club is about $4/lb
06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
^ we just mentioned a few. The problem of late is that the industry prices have gone up dramaticly due to importing costs.
I think i may order a varity test pack from tp.com. How long have they been around/you been ordering from them? mixes good?
06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
06-27-2007, 02:34 PM
i ordered the sample pack you are referencing, it is a great way to try out a bunch of different flavors. Its basically 20 scoops of wpi, 2 of each flavor.
i have ordered both bulk supps and protein and blends. right now i am using 25% egg white, 25% casein, 50% wpc. i am pretty happy with it.
06-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Not only is casein expensive but it's a pain to mix. Have you tried cottage cheese? Not the cheapest but it's 100% casein protein and you actually get to eat real food before bed. TP also has casein and milk protein isolate (80% casein, 20% whey) for super cheap. Their service is great, although I'm still not 100% convinced about their quality-control.1. Is it worth spending the extra $$ for Casein at night? Can I just mix my Whey with milk instead? At $10 per lb I can get Whey much cheaper.
You can get 10lb of ON 100% Gold Whey at BN for $60. I love NP for everything else, but for protein BN usually beats their prices. I go with ON because their stuff is top-notch and tests out at 100%. They're still really cheap, so for me the peace-of-mind is worth an extra $.25 per pound.2. Do you all just go with ON's 100% Whey? I notice there are 2 that are cheaper. ISS Research makes a Whey Matrix at $62 for 10lb, ABB makes Pure Pro at $46 for 9lb. ON is $68 for 10lb. I also saw another web site selling "Solid Whey" at around $48 for 10lb. But whey you go to solid whey's website it is basically a company that is no longer around. I'm wary to buy their product.
08-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Go to true protein dot come and make your own mix. Your going to save alot of money and yes its worth having fast and slow release proteins especially at night. use code MBC888 for 5% off at TP.
08-13-2007, 06:17 PM
How are the flavors at TrueProtein.com?
How are the Pineapple, Strawberry, Tropical Blend, and Wild Berry flavors?
Similar Forum Threads
- By BeafSteak in forum RecipesReplies: 3Last Post: 08-05-2008, 04:26 PM
- By MacWanted in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-16-2004, 12:54 PM
- By bigpetefox in forum SupplementsReplies: 41Last Post: 02-09-2004, 11:52 AM
- By Scottyo in forum SupplementsReplies: 22Last Post: 05-02-2003, 11:23 PM
- By Jfcripped21 in forum SupplementsReplies: 10Last Post: 01-08-2003, 05:18 PM