Observations about supplements and use (and my story).

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big believer in proper supplementation. However, I've seen a lot of disturbing things in some reviews of supplements and it leaves me wondering a few things...

1.) When people say that they "added 20 lbs to their lifts and added 5-8 lbs of LBM" they usually report these changes at the end of a 4 or more week run of a supplement. Now, I'm wondering if these changes have ANYTHING to do with the supplement, or it could just be that their diet and training were locked in, and the supplement did little or nothing at all to change these things.

Just a thought.

2.) Is it okay to move from one supplement to the next, on a constant basis? Why don't more people remain attached to a few supplements, long term, like they do with protein powder (not really a sup), creatine, and BCAAs?

Anyway, I used to weigh 220 lbs at just 5'8. I was a fat ass. Originally, the weight came off from diet alone, as I knew relatively nothing of training or nutrition (I was 17). Once I got to a ridiculously skinny 155 lbs, people even commented to me that I looked sick. Then I found myself in the gym, drinking protein shakes (scared to death of carbs), and slowly but surely I began to gain the weight (good weight).

Now, I'm 175, and pretty lean (as you can see in my avatar). I'm a huge believer in creatine (who isn't?), BCAAs, protein shakes (low carb mostly, high carb PWO), cutting agents (when cutting, obviously), and t-boosters.

Being just 4 months shy of 22 years of age, why the t-boosters? Well, check out all of the studies that show how hard training athletes have chronically lower levels of T, and that's all the reason I need. And if I feel better when I take it, then something must be going on besides a placebo effect.

I graduated to pro hormones about 6 months ago, and it (Mag-10) helped me to gain 10 lbs of lbm. I've also used stuff like Biotest's Carbolin-19 to maintain mass, especially considering I WAS running 25 miles a week. I was able to hold on to my gains and not drop weight, even with all of that mileage (which was run paces between 6:40-7:30 miles).

Now, I'm trying to get to 200 lbs and be RIPPED. I've stopped running, completely...because of stress fractures in my right foot. Stress fractures that medically disqualified me from Marine Corps Officer Candidate School. I was through 2 weeks and then the 'ol foot broke and all of the hard running (25 miles a week for about 8 months) was for nothing but going home without a commission.

I was disappointed, but now I feel that this gives me a chance to take myself in a new direction. I'm willing to use drugs that act on a hormonal level, but am not yet willing to do so illegally (except I will buy Nolva ;)).

If anyone could recommend a good supplement cycle for me to run to try and gain 15-25 lbs of mass (hopefully most being LBM), that'd be great.

I bought Epistane to run for a 4 week cycle - can I run it longer? I have Nolva for post cycle therapy.

For PCT I have Carbolin-19 and TRIBEX Gold (I'm somewhat of a Biotest whore but am willing to use whatever companies sell solid products).

I've heard good things about Anabolic Xtreme's Mass FX, Hyperdrol, and Retain, for PCT. Also, I'm very curious about Incarnate, Jungle Warfare, and stuff from USP Labs (but I did try Anabolic Pump for two bottles and it didn't seem to help me much).

As for fat loss, when cutting in the past I've used Hot Rox-Extreme and upped my BCAA intake as my caloric intake dropped. That seemed to work nicely, but if anyone knows of a great cutting stack, that info would be welcomed.

Thanks for your time everyone!

Lift strong,

Dhuge

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
please take no offense to this but there is light years of stuff out there better then biotests crap

sorry about your commission loss, that would kill me too as Im trying to go from enlisted to commision

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Backer is correct, even though he put it very bluntly. lol

The opinions on a great cutting stack are vast, but a product you'll see mentioned repeatedly is Leviathan.

As far as the PCT you've mentioned..... it seems you have both ends of the spectrum, and nothng in between: a proven product like Nolva, and then the low end, "I wouldn't trust my nuts to something this weak" stuff.

Also, you mention wanting products to help pack on lean mass, but not wanting illegals: Pardon my question, but are you aware Mag 10 is illegal.... technically a steroid and not even a prohormone?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big believer in proper supplementation. However, I've seen a lot of disturbing things in some reviews of supplements and it leaves me wondering a few things...

1.) When people say that they "added 20 lbs to their lifts and added 5-8 lbs of LBM" they usually report these changes at the end of a 4 or more week run of a supplement. Now, I'm wondering if these changes have ANYTHING to do with the supplement, or it could just be that their diet and training were locked in, and the supplement did little or nothing at all to change these things.

Just a thought.
I've ran quite a few logs here - and I know for a fact there were at least 3 where I didn't change my diet much at all.
It hasn't been in check (or any of that other sh*t we spout) - and I've had trials of non-hormonal supps where I've had LBM changes of 5 lbs (subtracting fat and adding muscle).
My strength doesn't go up that much though - doubt I've added 20 lbs but maybe once (the super USP stack).

Anyway - yes, it is possible that the supps DO deliver on those changes you listed without much change in diet/exercise.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Backer is correct, even though he put it very bluntly. lol

The opinions on a great cutting stack are vast, but a product you'll see mentioned repeatedly is Leviathan.

As far as the post cycle therapy you've mentioned..... it seems you have both ends of the spectrum, and nothng in between: a proven product like Nolva, and then the low end, "I wouldn't trust my nuts to something this weak" stuff.

Also, you mention wanting products to help pack on lean mass, but not wanting illegals: Pardon my question, but are you aware Mag 10 is illegal.... technically a steroid and not even a prohormone?
I'm sad to say that when I did the cycle of Mag-10, I knew little about the actual compound or steroids of any kind. In retrospect, that was really, really dumb of me. However, if one is to have a bad first experience with steroids, that was a relatively mild one and didn't cause me any damage.

Anyway, thanks for the info on Leviathan.

As for my upcoming cycle, is Epistane okay to run alone or are there good supporting supps out there, to throw in? And in post cycle therapy, what would be some good choices?

By the way, I don't think that Biotest's stuff is "crap." It may not be The Only Game In Town™, but it sure isn't crap. Their protein powders are especially good (specifically, Metabolic Drive and Surge). I'm not so convinced on the efficacy of their test-boosters or Carbolin-19, however.

Thanks for the help/replies,

Dhuge

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Epistane and 3AD (11 OXO :sad:) should be a really nice stack. I'd definitely go with a SERM like nolva, clomid, or toremifene for post cycle therapy, amongst other OTC test boosters/AI's.

I just came off a 7 week Epi cycle, so you could def. stay on a bit longer than 4 weeks.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Epistane and 3AD (11 OXO :sad:) should be a really nice stack. I'd definitely go with a SERM like nolva, clomid, or toremifene for post cycle therapy, amongst other OTC test boosters/AI's.

I just came off a 7 week Epi cycle, so you could def. stay on a bit longer than 4 weeks.
Nice. I'm gonna try to go for 6-8. Is 8 too much or is that okay with a good PCT?

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Nice. I'm gonna try to go for 6-8. Is 8 too much or is that okay with a good post cycle therapy?
8's cool, definitely use a SERM though! :cheers: