CLA- lab reports from ConsumerLabs - AnabolicMinds.com

CLA- lab reports from ConsumerLabs

  1. Registered User
    jonny21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,254
    Rep Power
    3912

    Post CLA- lab reports from ConsumerLabs


    Attached is CLA lab tests from various manufacturers. Also included is some solid info re: CLA
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC


  2. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,705
    Rep Power
    850177

    What I still find concerning is the inconclusive and sometimes contradiction in studies regarding insulin resistance.

    They do in some cases mention it being in obese people, but at what level of body fat do they consider someone to be obese. People who are using it are using it for fat loss, so inherent in their application is their state or level of obesity, to whatever level that state is. Additionally, people who do not know their their predisposition, family history of diabetes or current state of insulin management (how many people on this board do you imagine actually get blood work) may be doing harm to themselves. Then add in the fact that steroid use is known to be detrimental to HDL and insulin management CLA could be a further detriment to one unsuspecting individuals predisposition to related health conditions.

    Quite candidly I wanted to use it but knowing what I know about it and knowing enough about my health, blood work profiles, and those contradictions in studies, I choose not to.

    What do you think John?

    •   
       

  3. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Between Middle Earth and Narnia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,502
    Rep Power
    61213

    For obesity standards most studies use the body mass index with general assumptions that BMI's over 24(even then some studies varie the protocol) are lumped into the obese catagory. What I find interesting is that the isomer is purported to increase weightloss, yet some find it to decrease insulin sensativity. Think of type I diabetics, some, if confronted with bodydysmorphia, like to utilize the "skip a shot" dose for dramatic weightloss, and shift their body into ketosis thru decreased glucose utilization. You can imagine they loose a lot of weight this way(very unhealthy).

    Now according to the findings with CLA, basically it MAY decrease glucose utilization, making it easier to shift to ketosis in a normal individual(my theory). Could this be one of the primary ways it causes weightloss? Couple that with the findings that it blocks SREBP enzymes that upregulate fatty acid synthesis genes in the prescence of glucose and you have a potent weightloss compound albeit not very healthy for a health market product. Hmmmm.....
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  4. Gold Member
    Rivet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    964

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Think of type I diabetics, some, if confronted with bodydysmorphia, like to utilize the "skip a shot" dose for dramatic weightloss, and shift their body into ketosis thru decreased glucose utilization. You can imagine they loose a lot of weight this way....
    Dangerous to skip insulin for weight loss

  5. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11887

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Think of type I diabetics, some, if confronted with bodydysmorphia, like to utilize the "skip a shot" dose for dramatic weightloss, and shift their body into ketosis thru decreased glucose utilization. You can imagine they loose a lot of weight this way.
    Yeah, and that f*ck's you up BIG TIME! I have type I relatives, and I've had the displeasure of witnessing both hypo and hyper attacks.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  6. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Between Middle Earth and Narnia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,502
    Rep Power
    61213

    Guys, your missinforming what I was meaning. I wasn't alluding to the fact that it's another way to lose weight. I was mentioning that it's a common, VERY unhealthy occurence seen with some diabetics, and it seems plausable that if CLA makes you desensatize to insulin... in theory, could be one of the ways it's exerting it's leaning effects(NOT GOOD!!!). It doesn't bode well with the idea of CLA for weightloss at all.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  7. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,705
    Rep Power
    850177

    No, I don't think thesinner was disagreeing with you, JMO

    I would believe, its further evidence in support of the possibly unhealthy mechanism, and subsequent fat loss, using CLA.

  8. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11887

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    No, I don't think thesinner was disagreeing with you, JMO

    I would believe, its further evidence in support of the possibly unhealthy mechanism, and subsequent fat loss, using CLA.
    I wasn't disagreeing with Prld at all. I'm just saying I've seen first hand what happens when a Type I forgets to take their humalog, and it is quite unhealthy, in fact, it's flat-out dangerous.

    I'm actually liking your theory of this being a plausable reasoning to CLA's fatloss properties. Although, I was never under the impression that CLA was all that effective in the first place, the recent threads started by B5150 have got me interested in learning more about CLA.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  9. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Rep Power
    9662

    Sinner,
    Studies have shown CLA does work - but at doses MUCH higher than recommended by most supplement companies.

    It's something in the 4 to 6 g/day range.

  10. Gold Member
    Rivet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    964

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Guys, your missinforming what I was meaning. I wasn't alluding to the fact that it's another way to lose weight. I was mentioning that it's a common, VERY unhealthy occurence seen with some diabetics, and it seems plausable that if CLA makes you desensatize to insulin... in theory, could be one of the ways it's exerting it's leaning effects(NOT GOOD!!!). It doesn't bode well with the idea of CLA for weightloss at all.
    I was just backing you up

  11. Registered User
    jonny21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,254
    Rep Power
    3912

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    What I still find concerning is the inconclusive and sometimes contradiction in studies regarding insulin resistance.

    They do in some cases mention it being in obese people, but at what level of body fat do they consider someone to be obese. People who are using it are using it for fat loss, so inherent in their application is their state or level of obesity, to whatever level that state is. Additionally, people who do not know their their predisposition, family history of diabetes or current state of insulin management (how many people on this board do you imagine actually get blood work) may be doing harm to themselves. Then add in the fact that steroid use is known to be detrimental to HDL and insulin management CLA could be a further detriment to one unsuspecting individuals predisposition to related health conditions.

    Quite candidly I wanted to use it but knowing what I know about it and knowing enough about my health, blood work profiles, and those contradictions in studies, I choose not to.

    What do you think John?
    I am with you B. I am all for a "quick fix" as long as I know that it is a fix. From what I have read, it does not look like this is a definitive "fix." More will be revealed and if they find that it does work as described and they can define the benefit/risk I will make an educated decision at that time.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

  12. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Between Middle Earth and Narnia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,502
    Rep Power
    61213

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    I would believe, its further evidence in support of the possibly unhealthy mechanism, and subsequent fat loss, using CLA.
    As for now I would have to agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet View Post
    I was just backing you up
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Phenylethylamine psychoactive reports
    By Neuron in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 01:31 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 09:03 AM
  3. NPR reports on Designer Steroids
    By drei in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 09:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.