How much muscle do you lose during cutting while using nonhormonal supplements.

ahs4n

ahs4n

Awards
Let's say I cut with only 200 calorie deficit and use cardio to burn more calories. How much muscle would I expect to lose while maxing out BCAA's and use ECA?

Any supplements safe for an 19 year old to help preserve muscle other than BCAA?

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Let's say I cut with only 200 calorie deficit and use cardio to burn more calories. How much muscle would I expect to lose while maxing out BCAA's and use ECA?

Any supplements safe for an 19 year old to help preserve muscle other than BCAA?
Creatine is another safe bet. If you are only cutting 200 cals and doing moderate cardio, I wouldn't expect much muscle loss. How much fat % are you trying to lose?

ahs4n

ahs4n

Awards
Yeah..I got the basics down with creatine,whey, multi, bcaa's. Doing a lean bulk right now with x-factor and activate right now.

I'm at 198 at around 16-17 percent and just feel uncomfortable having this much fat. I'm just trying to get some research down before I start cutting in August to minimize the muscle loss. I'm trying to look in some advanced supplements that can preserve muscle that are safe for 19 year olds. Everytime I've lost weight I've lost a good amount of muscle which has never given me that lean muscular look that I've always desired. Instead, I've looked skinny fat.

If you want to see some pics here it is in my log over at bb.com http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3138831&highlight=takin+ova

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I shouldn't lose any if you have everything else in order. During my last cut I lost 2-3% BF and gained 2 lbs LBM while using NO Limits, Anabolic Pump, creatine, and mega dose BCAAs (Excell).

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Depends on your body type really. Everybody is different. I had a buddy who had to actually QUIT doing cardio while he was getting ready for a show because he was losing some muscle, and was just shredding up way too quickly.

While I on the other hand have to do more cardio than any normal human being would wanna do in order to lose fat. I frequently have run T3 without a PH or anything and not lost any muscle on my cuting phases.

chaos92287

Awards
you look like you got all the basics covered. might wana look into leviathan tho. great for energy, fat loss, and putting on lean muscle. i've been cutting for a couple weeks and using only whey, creatine, bcaa's, glutamine, guggulsterones, and a multi (tho now im adding RPM, Leviathan, and incarnate to the mix) all i did was change my diet around and doing lots more cardio. i run every morning, light cardio and lift weights in the afternoon.

i haven't noticed any huge fat loss (only at around 13-15%) but have definitely seen improvements and i've actually gained muscle. im heavier than when i started the cut but definitely more defined and lost probly 1-2% BF. if you cut the right way, i wouldn't expect to lose much, if any muscle.