Phenibut tolerance and reset-ad - AnabolicMinds.com

Phenibut tolerance and reset-ad

1. m24

Phenibut tolerance and reset-ad

Does anyone know if reset-ad would help "reset" a tolerance to phenibut? I know phenibut is a relaxing supplement but it seems to have a kind of stimulant affect too.

2. Senior Member

at first i would say no, i do not think reset ad would have much benefit for this as this is not really a stimulating substance.

but when i think about it, and i am not positive of the action of phenibut. although it does seem phenibut would cause a spike in dopamine leaves based on the ability to build such a tolerance and feeling is similar to products the surge dopamine. what i am gettin at is if it does cause an increase in dope, well dope is a precursor to norepinephrine and epinephrine. thus, with high useage, could drain the adrenal's.

not positive
  3. Senior Member

actually, your best bet might be to take a break from phen. then when u start back up, cycle 2 weeks on, 2 off...
    •   

4. m24

Thanks for the info. I've been using about 2 grams twice a week for about 8 months spaced apart on a monday and thursday. It still works well but it would be nice to get the same effects as when I first started it. I've ordered a bottle of reset so if it doesnt work i'll just have to give it a break for a while.
  5. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by m24 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've been using about 2 grams twice a week for about 8 months spaced apart on a monday and thursday. It still works well but it would be nice to get the same effects as when I first started it. I've ordered a bottle of reset so if it doesnt work i'll just have to give it a break for a while.
    I would think taking a break and starting up Reset would help MAYBE with that, but also a whole lot more. I think you will really love how Reset makes you feel. GL with it man.

And let us know if you have ANY questions about the product or any other PAL products. You can also hop over to the PAL subforum.
  6. m24

Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    I would think taking a break and starting up Reset would help MAYBE with that, but also a whole lot more. I think you will really love how Reset makes you feel. GL with it man.

And let us know if you have ANY questions about the product or any other PAL products. You can also hop over to the PAL subforum.
    Ok, thanks
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Ok here is the deal on this.. obviously your body can build a tolerence to Phenibut. From what I can tell this tolerence is built by your a1 receptors being upregulated from over abuse..ie this is very similiar to what happens with over consumption of stimulants like Caffiene... in neonatal rats Pregnenolone has been shown to help downregulate A1 receptors... So in theory Reset-ad should help downregulate your tolerence to Phenibut. That being said I would still suggest cycling off of it for atleast two weeks.

There is a real good study about this upregulation of a1 and a2 receptors and preg's ability to help down regulate them done by the Department of Neuropsychiatry, Kagoshima University Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima, Japan.

edit: if you need more info let me know....
  8. New Member

I've seen a few people recommeding piracetam w/ the phenibut. I've noticed no tolerance when I combine the two, but I only use it (phenibut) once a week tops.
  9. m24

Quote Originally Posted by dingling View Post
    I've seen a few people recommeding piracetam w/ the phenibut. I've noticed no tolerance when I combine the two, but I only use it (phenibut) once a week tops.
    Thanks for the tip. I have some piracetam and never thought of mixing them.
  10. New Member

What dosages are you using when you combinge Piracetam with the Phenibut. I've never taken either so I'm anxious to try them together. I bought 800mg caps of Piracetam and 500mg caps of Phenibut and was thinking of taking one of each.
  11. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    What dosages are you using when you combinge Piracetam with the Phenibut. I've never taken either so I'm anxious to try them together. I bought 800mg caps of Piracetam and 500mg caps of Phenibut and was thinking of taking one of each.
    Just wanted to bump this for dosages. I took 500mg of Phenibut and 800mg of Piracetam last night and didn't feel a thing.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

I too notice this and I take about 2 grams of Phenibut three times per week and I take about 10 grams piracetam and 3 grams choline ED and I have noticed no tolerance to Phenibut using this combo. I did notice a very fast tolerance while using only Phenibut. Piracetam needs to be dosed high to attain effects from it.

Note to Mods: Please open up a Nootropics forum
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    Note to Mods: Please open up a Nootropics forum
    Not a bad idea at all!
  14. New Member

hahah im so glad this topic is up here because i was wondering the same thing myself...
    ive been using reset ad for the past couple of weeks and i LOVE the results i am getting..i feel like a new person.
    I also had some phenibut laying around so i was wondering if i would react differently to phenibut with reset ad...
    i just took 1g of phenibut so ill let u know how it turns out
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gotDOMS View Post
    hahah im so glad this topic is up here because i was wondering the same thing myself...
    ive been using reset ad for the past couple of weeks and i LOVE the results i am getting..i feel like a new person.
    I also had some phenibut laying around so i was wondering if i would react differently to phenibut with reset ad...
    i just took 1g of phenibut so ill let u know how it turns out
    just keep the dose low to start and assess tolerance. move up the dose of phen accordingly

let me know how it works out.

750mg - 1g gives me a nice little buzz.... if the taste doesnt kick you around first!
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  145 lbs.

I used Phenibut for a few days at 2 grams and it was great the first two days but then tolerance developed. Do you know whether there is a limit to tolerance, meaning beyond a certain point the effects will remain and not have tolerance (even if that means having to take many grams)?

Thanks!
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by m24 View Post
    Geee... thats a lot of Phenibut. Reset will make no difference. At best. Phenibut ain't a stim. its the opposite. The problem you'll have is anxiety, i.e. too much cortisol not too little. In fact consider a cortisol blocker like VAT attack, or PAS from PP. That is more likely to help.

Ease off Phenibut gradually - forget the Reset. You could start using GABA, Picamilon, threanine to ease the anxiety.

Oh... dang. Its an old thread from over 2 years ago. Information irrelevant.

To the poster above Phenibut is a very powerful nootropic agent and should be used occassionally. Don't try using on any sort of regular basis unless you want to keep taking it.

Phenibut is massively powerful stuff - all with synthetic B1 (sulbutiamine) its the strongest nootropic agent I know.
  18. New Member

taking piracetam (up regulate gaba receptors? as i hvae read that it lowers alcohol tolerance) and taking pregnenolone good amount (as PAL has written it antagonizes GABA) might be a good idea to combat phen tolerance,,,who wants to try it?

well some already say piracetam can reduce tolearance so that proves it

ive taken 60mg pregnenolone 3 times a day spread apart and took GABA and i had a huge flushig effect more noticeable than the night before when i wasnt taking prg.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. leviathan reloaded and reset ad
    By purelife1 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 05:01 PM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
  3. Incarnate and Reset Ad
    By Brother in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 11:30 AM