Hawthorn Berry....Any other options

triggerman

Awards
And what about Hawthorne Berry side effects?"Hawthorne Berry is considered to be among the safest herbal supplements. Some rare side effects may include nausea, rapid heartbeat or headache. There are some drug interactions possible with Hawthorne Berry, so people using the herb should consult a physician if they are taking any prescription medications. For example, Hawthorne Berry may enhance the activity of the heart medication Digoxin. It can also counteract the effects of products, such as nasal decongestants, that contain phenylephrine. Phenylephrine constricts blood vessels, so the ability of Hawthrone berry to dilate blood vessels will decrease the effectiveness of medications that contain it." Refrences: Hawthorne Berry Extract: Benefits and Side Effects

After all of that, I have been taking Hawthorne Berry at 500mg and have recently made the connection that everytime I take hawthorne berry, I develop sinus tachycardia (rapid heartbeat)...........So now that I found the cause thats great but presents another problem.

Anyone have any other options for replacement of the Hawthorne Berry or since Im about to start a cycle of Oxodrol 12, should RYR and liver support fair enough since my BP is not high???:think:

Last edited:
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Look into pomegranite juice or extract and Arjuna as a possible alternative. Both regulate cholesterol levels as well as BP...though Arjuna may have a similar action to that of Hawthorne.

Celery seed is good but c-12 peptide is even better for BP control.