GTXi talks about SARM development

natiels

natiels

Board Supporter
Awards
GTx, Inc. The Men's Health Biotech Company
listen to minute 7:00 thru 9:30 for the interesting info on the SARM.

This is a presentation by GTXi ceo talking about their products. One of them is a SARM they are working on called osterine that has entered Phase IIb clinical trials. GTXi is the company that brought us toremifene citrate.

Some of the findings he mentioned about osterine so far:
They did a study with 60 post menapausal women, 60 elderly men on 3mg (oral) dose of osterine.
- increased muscle mass by 1.4kg/3.5lb muscle - not "weight" just muscle over 3 months.
-12 stair climb increase in power by 25% speed by 15%
-no affect on prostate, skin, or LH

This is on 3mg/day in old people that are not even lifting weights. Sounds awesome. We might soon(next year or two) have a research chem that has big pharma testing/safety trials behind it, is anabolic, and has no effect on endogenous test levels. They are expecting to market osterine by 2010 if trials continue to go well.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Did some research on this company as a possible stock play...lots of interesting drugs in development.

They are looking for FDA approval for toremifene usage to stop prostate cancer growth. If approved, this is a HUGE jump for this company. I've read they are looking for approval in late 07; if they get it, I've read it is one of the few (if any) drugs that are effective and yet safe for this use, and as such this could be a billion dollar business.

Prostate cancer is one of the top killers of men.

Not to mention their SARM is awesome looking. Unfortunately, the company is burning through cash like crazy, for the past few years. Hopefully they get tor approved for prostate cancer soon, otherwise they might encounter some financial trouble or large amounts of debt.

natiels

natiels

Board Supporter
Awards
I actually listened to that audio clip for the purpose of doing stock research too, but afterward I figured it might be decent news for AM. They have been spending some money lately but their net income has increased too. Most of the increases in operating cost have been R&D and I think that is all going to pay off in the coming years.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
You're right in that they are getting some income now. It looks like toremifene is their only drug at the moment available for sale.

If Docs can recognize the usefulness of Tor over Tamox for breast cancer, GTXi will get a huge boost in sales. If their use for prostate cancer gets approved I bet, and I'm just wildly speculating here, that they will get bought out quick by big pharma.

WWB, the reason BBers would be interested in this company is what was originally posted, the ostarine drug. However, its only in phase II trials (phase IIb being scheduled now); while it has done great so far, it has quite a long way to go before it comes to market. We're talking a couple years here.

Interesting, GTXi hails themselves as the "mens health research company". Since we're talking long-term here, I might pick up some shares in the future before the outcome of their PhaseIII trials ends.