Where does your Protein originate?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Ok, I have asked this elsewhere with little to no response that I have caught:

Are there any companies whose protein powder is not only packaged here in the U.S., but also is PRODUCED here.......... I'm talking 100% Made in the USA?

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I have asked this elsewhere with little to no response that I have caught:

Are there any companies whose protein powder is not only packaged here in the U.S., but also is PRODUCED here.......... I'm talking 100% Made in the USA?
I actually believe most protein powders are produced in the US, I know that the primary reason that Whey prices have gone up is that US producers are having trouble meeting demand from China for whey. the US is the largest Dairy producer in the world and whey and all the other forms are actually by-products in dairy production.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Anybody else have info?

I was honestly hoping some protein selling companies would jump in here with some quality info. A friend of mine did some research a while back and claimed almost ALL the protein he researched could ultimately be traced overseas.

Not gonna call anyone out, but anybody who has stake in this have an answer for us?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember someone saying that the overwhelming majority (~90%) of all supplements can be traced to China.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The raw dairy from my protein comes from New Zeland. I herd they have better dairy and so they choose New Zeland.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
I remember someone saying that the overwhelming majority (~90%) of all supplements can be traced to China.
This is mostly correct with the exception being protein powders. China has a pathetic dairy industry and imports almost all of its dairy needs. Dairy is quite agriculturally intensive and china's system is just not equipted to handle larege dairy plants. they can still barely produce enough food for their population, much less to feed cows.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
The raw dairy from my protein comes from New Zeland. I herd they have better dairy and so they choose New Zeland.
This is right, a LOT of raw dairy products, whey and casein come from dairy factories in New Zealand. This can also be linked to the rise in whey prices. Not only is there a threat of shortages, but the cost of making it is becoming more expensive. The only protein that I know is made in the U.S. for a FACT is Ergopharm, I work for a place Nutrition At Work in Champaign, Illinois, and we are very close with Patrick Arnold. All Ergopharm products are made right in Champaign, Illinois. The raw materials probably are shipped from other locations though, such as the wheys, from other countries.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is right, a LOT of raw dairy products, whey and casein come from dairy factories in New Zealand. This can also be linked to the rise in whey prices. Not only is there a threat of shortages, but the cost of making it is becoming more expensive. The only protein that I know is made in the U.S. for a FACT is Ergopharm, I work for a place Nutrition At Work in Champaign, Illinois, and we are very close with Patrick Arnold. All Ergopharm products are made right in Champaign, Illinois. The raw materials probably are shipped from other locations though, such as the wheys, from other countries.
That would explain why their powders are a little more expensive.

Chemist2234

Chemist2234

Awards
I work for a company who produces protien hydrosylates from whey protien concentrate and why protien isolate all originating for the USA. PM me Labane if you want some more info

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
PM will be on its whey. Get it? lol

This is a potential marketing ATM machine if you ask me..... I want protein with less risk of contamination like we're seeing in products coming from overseas.

Scary fact: 1.3% of imported foods get inspected. Much of this is turned away.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
That would explain why their powders are a little more expensive.
that, and the spray dried plasma. at first i thought that the added plasma was just a marketing gimmick to sound good. after searching a little, it has been found that bovine spray dried plasma, immunolin is effective in increasing natural GH. Not to mention that their proteins are low in sodium, and zero carbs and fat. Cherry blast is my favorite flavor so far. i like good 'ol ON whey still though, in addition :thumbsup:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Lack of input, to me, is either avoidance or lack of knowledge. Not that I don't appreciate the input above........

Makes me want to pull a Deser-investigation!