DO Bcaa's breakdown In solution overtime

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I searched BCAA breakdown and what not and couldnt find what i was looking for.

Ive often wondered if Im wasting Bcaa, I take a gallon jug ad 2 containers of crystal light mix ( the little cups) and about 75 grams of bcaa's give or take. Now it usually takes 2-3 days for all the bcaa's to completely dissolve with no flaoters. I usually drink iv over 3-5 days. even with the extra crystal light its still a very bitter drink.

Do the BCAA's after being added breakdown to nothing and rendered worhtless after a period of time?

Ive seen xtend users mix up gallon jugs and drink all day, but I savor my xtend on a individual basis and usually on drink that during workout. and use bulk for other use.

am I wasting bcaa?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well this is my first post so ill understand if my opinion doesnt help comfort u very much lol...but i believe ive read layne norton state that they should last in solution for up to several days..and he stated something about how theres not much for them to break down into but hopefully someone with more knowledge can help u wit this

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
In my opinion, as with most supplements, a 30 minute (protein powders, creatines, other mixes) window is the longest I go. I usually don't concern myself with my bcaa's because it is suggested for them to stay in water to dissolve...the problem is, when we are talking about days...I would potentially be concerned. If I were you, I would say 8 hours at the most, preferably just on the spot, drink them. Yes, they taste terrible, but the results are worth it. I hope this helped, otherwise possibly contact BEAST.

BradCowin

BradCowin

Awards
Id think BCAAs are pretty much broken down as much as possible already.

To be on the safe side though, I wouldnt mix the crystal light in until youre ready to drink it.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
i am concerned about this too because i do the same thing. i also usually make an entire blender worth of protein with about 5-6 scoops of whey with 1/2 water and 1/2 milk and stick it in the fridge to drink throughout the day, does this degreed over about 12 hours?

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
After talking with Layne, who does research on amino acids, he said BCAA are stable in liquid for quite a long time (weeks). So a couple of days should be fine.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
After talking with Layne, who does research on amino acids, he said BCAA are stable in liquid for quite a long time (weeks). So a couple of days should be fine.
I knew you'd get the job done, Beast. Great to know!:clap2:

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I read this somewhere too. but I usually drink mine instantly, but might try what Outside Backer is doing, for simplicity...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
i am concerned about this too because i do the same thing. i also usually make an entire blender worth of protein with about 5-6 scoops of whey with 1/2 water and 1/2 milk and stick it in the fridge to drink throughout the day, does this degreed over about 12 hours?
12 hours you should be golden.

RB12

RB12

Awards
bump to this, same thing layne said to me when i asked him

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I was gonna ask layne personally but i knowhe is busy

i appreciate the response beast
I read this somewhere too. but I usually drink mine instantly, but might try what Outside Backer is doing, for simplicity...

u dont know how easy it is to pull out the jug and slug lol