New diet drug touches off a feeding frenzy

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
But it can also result in what the manufacturer describes as loose stools and gas with an oily discharge. "It's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work," the drug's official website says. (The drug maker's literature and website say side effects can be minimized with a low-fat, reduced-calorie diet.)

The hypocrasy of our government banning Halodrol-50, yet allowing something like THIS that screws up your insides....amazing.

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
I see the irony of your statement, but halodrol 50 is a copy of a banned substance, so the FDA ordered it pulled.

Its not officially banned of course, but the original manufacturers got a bunch of flak.

This drug sounds like a joke. So it blocks about 25% of the fat you eat. Thats pretty worthless. Most people on a "diet" eat too little fat, too many carbs. All this does is make low fat diets even unhealthier.

Ephedrine was the ****, I need to pick up more bronkaid.

Pimp C

Awards
this alli stuff is like those stupid chitosan products.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
it blocks fat? i know ppl dont like BSN that much but the cheaters works pretty damn good at doing just that and its alot cheaper

kdent7

Awards
It's gonna be a huge hit here fo' sho'. In actuality the science is pretty damn good on this.

Competitive inhibition of pancreatic lipase enzyme, which would limit the breakdown and subsequent assimilation of fatty acids" = cheaters dream.

I'm jumpin on the wagon if it allows me some leniency with the occasional binge on metric ass-loads of adipose-laden delicacies.

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
It's gonna be a huge hit here fo' sho'. In actuality the science is pretty damn good on this.

Competitive inhibition of pancreatic lipase enzyme, which would limit the breakdown and subsequent assimilation of fatty acids" = cheaters dream.

I'm jumpin on the wagon if it allows me some leniency with the occasional binge on metric ass-loads of adipose-laden delicacies.
Yeah...if you're willing to take something that's gonna make you **** your pants. I'd rather go for a run and eat less.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hell - I sh*t myself every once and a while after eating cheat food without this stuff. Can't be much worse...

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
lmao!!!!

It's things like this that have me praying for the next big asteroid impact.

The drug is clever though. In order to stop side effects, you must reduce fat consumption which will immediately reduce caloric intake (theoretically) therefore resulting in weightloss. And they'll think it was the drug.

I really do look forward to seeing people walking around with little doodoo stains on their pants.

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
So what exactly is the difference between taking this and just taking a laxative daily?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Wow. This just goes to show how people don't look into their stuff half the time. I bet a bunch of morons ran in a gave into the label not even knowing what they are taking. I hope someone ****s their pants at work casue of it. Stuff like this btohers me becasue i talk to people and they don't realize how much i know, so they rant and rave about supps/burners/ etc. and i nod my head like yea yea and how does that work again? What is the active ingrediant....? Oh you're not sure....you're supplementing my urine for all you know. :---RANT OVER!---:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what exactly is the difference between taking this and just taking a laxative daily?
This really does block fat uptake. so if you take in say 50g of fats in a day, it would probably catch 12g worth.

Its interesting the box, it has a "you should weigh more than the weight next to your height to use this product" and all sorts of other oddities.

Alli has its value I think. A good majority of the people here are taking products with slightly worse side effects than "crap your pants". At least the damage with alli is over with once you stop taking it, unlike PH or roids.

Makes me think about the one futurama episode, pity the video isn't directly online. I'll have to pull out the dvd and rip the clip but here is the synopsis

In the Futurama episode, “Bendin' in the Wind” (3ACV13), Bender consumes a single chip cooked with Olestra and has a stomach ache, then proceeds to drop a load of bricks from his buttocks.

Really its only value is that it will help people who are on the fence and close to making a change in their life already, not a cure-all. Its another one of those combo Silver Bullet / Threshold items. Dammit, I really need to write those 2 blog entries since tho they are related they are deep enough to need more separate coverage. It will appeal to the silver bullet crowd as in "aha here is the answer to why I am a lardass, and taking this will fix me, and I can still eat a bag of chips and have twinkies for dessert every meal", and for the majority it will fail and people will eventually stop taking it. On the other hand for at least some people it will provide the threshold event in their lives to break them past their prior lack of motivation/determination/stagnation and give them just enough of a difference that with the change in diet and starting to excersize they will take the weight off and keep it off.

Last edited:

Timyg

Awards
doesnt matter if it works or not, with $130 million in advertising, you could get people to spend $60 on a box of salt tabs and tell them they will loose weight.
thats the plan for my next supp
"Pla-C-bo"
look for it at your local supp store. ha

kdent7

Awards
ROFL! Pretty sure this is not the "auto-sh*t-omatic everyone makes it out to be.

Additionally its far from being a laxative.

rickeepoo (ironic name given the thread) referencing my post above, going for a run = nominal acute caloric impact, whilst the acute caloric impact of Alli = teh sh!t :toofunny:

Eating fewer calories as you said is quite counter-intuitive to the "occasional binge" that I referenced and that we all should have once in a while IMHO.

kdent7

Awards
A basic and now-OTC adjuvant to fat-loss/damage control for those out of control weekends.

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
They are going to make a fortune on that drug. We all know there is a large portion of the population that will take this junk, sit on the couch eat a box of Twinkies and a gallon of Pepsi, pop one of those bad boys and call it a day.

Along with uncontrolled bowel movements, one of the listed possible side effect is incontinance. So you get a double joy of peeing all over yourself while crapping your pants! :fool2:

Oh yeah, I want some of this junk.

Timyg

Awards
your right, nothing will replace a clean diet and working out. however, one of the main reasons supps are developed is to give the average person that does not diet and workout, a little push or enhancement to achieve their goals with less work than doing it naturally.
Will Alli replace diet and exercise? absolutly not....
Will Alli do what it claims it will do? absolutly.
Perfect wording and perfect advertising will make or break a product, i know from experience.
however this product will do what it claims, you just have to pay attention to exactly what it is claiming to do.

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
(The drug maker's literature and website say side effects can be minimized with a low-fat, reduced-calorie diet.)

Does anyone find this really ironic?

nootropolis

nootropolis

Awards
(The drug maker's literature and website say side effects can be minimized with a low-fat, reduced-calorie diet.)

Does anyone find this really ironic?
there's like five booklets that come with every bottle that tell the dieter to exercise which may mean weight lifting and also to eat right as well as take a multivitamin

what the **** man

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there's like five booklets that come with every bottle that tell the dieter to exercise which may mean weight lifting and also to eat right as well as take a multivitamin

what the **** man
The clinical tests show that people who did that and took alli lost almost 50% more than the people who just dieted + excercised. for every 5 pounds lost to diet and excersize, the alli group lost an additional 2-3 pounds. The nice part is that since it is FDA approved, they have to do actual research, use scientific standards unlike "New anabolic rage super plus: over 1000x more anabolic than testosterone", so it does actually work.

Still for sure its not a silver bullet, just another aid like an ECA stack

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
Anyone doing a sh!t log on this product? I mean just a log.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This drug is Orlisat at half dose. It's been in the making for OTC consumption for a while now and looks like it finally made it around. Ever wonder why OTC products are measured at half dose compared to prescription dose? It's their theory of protection.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone doing a sh!t log on this product?
I dont think it would be a log, it would be more like a stream :D

This drug is Orlisat at half dose. It's been in the making for OTC consumption for a while now and looks like it finally made it around. Ever wonder why OTC products are measured at half dose compared to prescription dose? It's their theory of protection.
Yes like those scary 600mb ibuprofen tabs being prescription, man I can understand that. oh wait, can't I just take 3 of the 200mg advils? :fool2:

Coachjj3

Awards
Trying this with the wife, since she has health issues and the doctor said it's worth a shot to try. She ahs serious thyroid issues and even with a picture perfect diet and workout routine, has trouble getting the weitgh off she likes.

2 days into this thing I am afraid to take a dump. Drop some cooking oil into the toilet the next time you go near one...and then we will all have the same visual....

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Just stick with DNP, clen, or E/C/A/Y(yohimbe).

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Its interesting the box, it has a "you should weigh more than the weight next to your height to use this product" and all sorts of other oddities.
Sometimes people get me to read there sms messages to understand them.
they mean your bodyweight in lbs should be more than your height in cms to need to use this stuff.

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
I may have sounded a bit heartless in my post on this matter a few weeks ago. As someone who has spent most of my adult life fighting the battle of the buldge; I understand the fustration of people who try hard and the scale just will not move. FWIW, I have been on both sides of this issue. I have been ripped and turned around to see a fat slob in the mirror. It creeps up on you when you aren't looking. In the past 7 months, I have droppedd 60 pounds. And no way is my race run on this. If someone came up with a safe, side effect free pill that will really cause your body to drop fat, I will be the first in line with check book in hand. I just just do not believe Allei is it.

With that said, this looks like another "drug dejure" for the ill informed masses. Yes, there are people that can not lose weight, no matter what they do. If this is the case, then there is an underlying medical issue that most doctors blow off. Health insurance carriers do not want to deal with the obesity problem, it will simply cost too much. Cheaper and easier to let the person blow up like a ballon, have a couple heart attacks and die.

And of course, there are people that have no self control. I beleive this to be the majority. Think of the fat man with the equally fat wife and the four or five huge kids eating like hogs at the all you can eat rib place. I use to feel sorry for really huge people. Not that much anymore. I have simply seen too much. My wife, who is 5'4" and is about 125 works her ass off to keep herself at that size. We were at a Chinese buffet and was she literally knocked down on the floor and trampled by four 300+ women because Michele got between them and a new batch of deep fried shrimp. Yeah, I almost went to jail that night.

I have seen way to many successes in the gym by really big people that committed to change to believe it can not be done. Last year a 19 yo girl came into the gym, she was so fat, she went to a trucking company to get an accurate weight on her. She could not walk the length of the gym. But by shear guts and hard work, she lost 100 pounds in just over a year. She will never be small, but she now has a figure, and can out distance most of the people I know.

Yes there are people who have endocin system issues. These people deserve all the help and support we can give them. But IMHO, too many people are just sitting back refusing to change their life style waiting for someone to do it for them.

The drug companies feed on this. If the US Health Department, the AMA, and big pharma was serious about dealing with the obesity epidemic in this country, they would be screaming from the mountain tops what to do. They won't. There is just too much money to be made: prescription and OTC fat drugs, surgery, gizmos and gadgets. Then there is the down stream money to be made from heart bypass operations, chlorestorol drugs and so on. Follow the money trail.

Someone here mentioned his wife has a thyroid issue. God bless her. She is not nor anyone like her is included in this rant. She deserves all the support anyone can give her.

I guess this issue is too big to really take on here. Yet I can not help but believe that Allei or what ever that thing is called is just more junk for the masses too lazy to wake up and get moving.

Rx Lift

Banned
Awards
  • Established
theres an article somewhere on mindandmuscle.net on this drug.. its a good read.

Coachjj3

Awards
Someone here mentioned his wife has a thyroid issue. God bless her. She is not nor anyone like her is included in this rant. She deserves all the support anyone can give her.
That would be my wife....who after 4 days is showing no sides other then a little loss in energy as she feels Alli slows down your s appetite.

I take no issues with your post...if I was taking the pill for myself alone I would feel a bit sheepish.

btw...I REALLY want to stop taknig this as I realize that my diet has a lot more fat then my wifes. She has had no issues while I feel like I have become one with the toilet. Maybe thats how people lose their weight.....