Best Non-Hormonal Strength/Power Supplement

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
What 2-3 non hormonal supplements do you guys think are the best for simple strength and power increase? I am not worried about mass gain or fat loss with these, I am looking for simple increase in power output. Love to hear some opinions on this.

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
i had great success with diesel nutrition's Ether last summer.

Chuck is actually woking on the new formula right. Might try asking him when it is coming out. I would wait for the new one to come out, as it will probably be more like last summers formula than the current 2010 version.

the key is the krealklyn creatine. it worked really well for me, I wasnt as successful on other creatines.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Bill,

Thanks I did a search and didn't come up with alot. Overall I have been disappointed with all creatines except one, and that was Cre-ethyl Thunder by Omega. I also read that it was loaded with stimulants so not sure it was the creatine or the caffine.

I know one for sure for me and its that damn StimulantX but I can only handle so much of it. 1-2x every few weeks is about all I can stand. Can't understand how some can take it daily.

I guess I'd like to stay stimulant free too here because I know what Stimulant(X) I need.

I read in one of the other threads that someone mentioned Clout as a good supplement for power and strength gain.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
My opinion would be sort of an ambiguous answer...
I tend to think everyone responds different to supplements, often with hit or miss responses. Some people explode with creatine ethyl ester, some people don't. Personally, I've never seen a gain from the new creatine, but the old stuff worked wonders for me when I first got on it.

Trial and error might be the only way to go here, but here are some recommendations.
Mega-dosing BCAA's may be effective
Creatines (duh) Monohydrate, Ethyl Ester, Tri-Creatine, ect..
Those two are obviously going to likely be the most recommended, but also consider:
Citrulline Malate and Beta-Alanine
Both compounds are proven to increase endurance, and better endurance will turn to more power due to the increased level of intensity you will be able to turn out.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I read in one of the other threads that someone mentioned Clout as a good supplement for power and strength gain.
Yes, Clout has seen great reviews. I think it has to do with the Beta-Alanine/Citrulline Malate combo in it (I think it contains so).
I've been using Body Octane, a similiar product, but not containing creatine. I use it for running, and it works amazing. For a supplement, I've never really seen a bad review for it. I'd recommend if you can afford it.... at the recommended dosage, the ~50 dollar bottle only lasts 25 days.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
man thats alot of cash for just 25 day. Sound like Clout, BO, and Ragnorok or however its spelled would be a killer combo.

Dsade was whispering something in my ear a few weeks ago about something he is working on. I'd like to hear more out of him on this one.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
What 2-3 non hormonal supplements do you guys think are the best for simple strength and power increase? I am not worried about mass gain or fat loss with these, I am looking for simple increase in power output. Love to hear some opinions on this.
Some good suggestions here. I'd suggest a creatine product + anabolic pump. Honestly, for me the best creatine that I've ever tried was syntrax swole v3. I had very good strength gains on that stuff. AP was very good for strength/stamina as well.

Ragnarok looks pretty good as well.

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
I've also heard Octane to be great, but more for endurance. I am also about to try out some yellow gold (old skool bulk AP stuff).

I also like Scivation Xtend, not sure it atually contributes to pure power, but the BCAA+Citrulline Malate +glutamine is great for recovery and energy during the workout, usually a staple of my supplementation.

good luck in your search, there are a lot of products that are available now, the problem is finding the one that works best for you.

Funny about the StimulantX - I am one of those daily users. 1 pill everyday right now, love it. just make sure I never dose after 1:00pm.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
1. Creatine monohydrate
2. BCAA's
3. Enough whey protein to choke a horse :thumbsup:

kixazz2529

kixazz2529

Awards
X-Factor??

Dont get me wrong, I think some creatines produce very good results but for the one single product that produces best strength gains, i think its hands down X-Factor.
Unless it is being considered hormonal?

But I have done 3 cycles(on my third right now) and my results have just been awesome. So much better and quicker results than any creatine or othe product i have taken

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
I have not tried it (yet, two bottles sititng here) but I remember plenty of people talking about hitting PR's regularly on RPM. It is a stim but the non-stim version is apparently coming out soon.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Nobody mentioned these supplements, and call me f-ing crazy, but the best supplements I've used so far are 'hardwork' and 'dedication'....and no I don't cycle it.

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
Nobody mentioned these supplements, and call me f-ing crazy, but the best supplements I've used so far are 'hardwork' and 'dedication'....and no I don't cycle it.
I dont consider character traits and motivation to be supplements
:nutkick:

but yeah they do help.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Are you implying that you pay for these? You don't produce these naturally!?!?!

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Why is it that when one asks for a supplement recommendation or opinion you always have to have someone give you the "I am so wise" "work and hard and be dedicated" spill?

I have put my time under the bar thank you and I am not some 20 year old "bro" looking for the easy way out. I am just looking for something to give a little edge.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/62777-starr-kortex5-evo.html

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Sambalifter

So please spare us the old wisdom speaches here. I also know about eating tons of "REAL" food also.

Bill,
Do you ever feel mentally drained from being stimulated non stop? Maybe I really need some Reset AD?

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Are those the new ones from ALRI?

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
Bill,
Do you ever feel mentally drained from being stimulated non stop? Maybe I really need some Reset AD?

yeah you do get drained, but I can usually feel it coming on and will just stop for a while to recover. I definately did not want to up the dosage, as the StimX is already potent as is, I do not want to get to the point where I need two, cause that would be crazy.

I actually recently have not been using it everyday, but more like everyday I workout. Probably ends up being 4-5 days a week for now.

I would be interested in some of the other stims out too RPM sounds like it really is well liked. Stim X is such a good deal though, 90 doses for 26 bones.

I did take a hard look at Reset AD, as I feelit would be a great aid in getting back to normal. But then I felt like, wow, if I really need that stuff to get back to normal, than maybe I am overdoing it. It still is a very interesting product, especially if I decide to clen again.

I have experimented with clen before, and that definately kicked my ass if I wasnt careful. Towards the ends of the cycling pattern, I felt pretty ****ty. From there I jumped on another stim, I was trying to lean up some. Man, it lessened some, but I still felt like crap. This was when Reset AD was first coming out, and man did it look appealing, but I didnt get any.

After all my engineering finals ended for me, I went home and did nothing for the rest of may. boy did that feel good, Unfortunately, not everyone can afford to do that kind of thing. I am unemployed right now, so I had time to rest while looking for a job. That helped a lot.

I also just read over the description and ingredient profile. What they call the symptoms of AD, I almost fit that perfectly when I clenned and at the school year closing. Not so much anymore, but it might still be nice to pick up to aid in getting back to a normal state. The thing I dont like about that is it makes me feel pulled in even more (like we rely on these products to do things for us. my roommate looks like arnold, eats tons of food, gym, no supps at all. lucky dude).

I dint know much about the ingredients, but here goes after a brief search:
panothanic acid - i believe a misspelling of pantothenic acid, aka vitamin B5
schizandra - herbal remedy with recent studies for adrenal exhaustion, but shows signs of being an active antioxidant, adaptogen, liver aid, and stiming CNS
besides that, after searching, they have a good Q&A in which the readings i found (google) matched there description.
http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=28711&pid=406856&st=0&#entry406856

some people have higher tolerances for the stims and just need more. My low tolerance item is alcohol. Call me a lightweight, but hey, that means I get away with spending less money at the bar!

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
hey you know what else adds to the fatigue - cortisol blockers. I believe the cortisol reducers we all love like Retain contributes even more to the adrenal fatigue. Might want to look into that some more if this is an item you use, but I am pretty sure that is does add to the fatigue (no study quote).

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
My opinion would be sort of an ambiguous answer...
I tend to think everyone responds different to supplements, often with hit or miss responses. Some people explode with creatine ethyl ester, some people don't. Personally, I've never seen a gain from the new creatine, but the old stuff worked wonders for me when I first got on it.

Trial and error might be the only way to go here, but here are some recommendations.
Mega-dosing BCAA's may be effective
Creatines (duh) Monohydrate, Ethyl Ester, Tri-Creatine, ect..
Those two are obviously going to likely be the most recommended, but also consider:
Citrulline Malate and Beta-Alanine
Both compounds are proven to increase endurance, and better endurance will turn to more power due to the increased level of intensity you will be able to turn out.
Great post!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have not tried it (yet, two bottles sititng here) but I remember plenty of people talking about hitting PR's regularly on RPM. It is a stim but the non-stim version is apparently coming out soon.
Just tried the first beta for the non-stim RPM (we are probably going to call it something other than RPM tho) today-the pumps on this stuff are unreal :)

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1. Creatine monohydrate
2. BCAA's
3. Enough whey protein to choke a horse :thumbsup:
I understand your post, but it is very subjective.

I have never been a fan of mono (gives me the runs) as does too much whey.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great post!
Agreed- all of the above will produce an optimal anabolic enviroment- trick is finding what works for you!!:woohoo:

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I understand your post, but it is very subjective.

I have never been a fan of mono (gives me the runs) as does too much whey.
It's all subjective, that's why this forum exists. We all talk about our experiences and pick up ideas from others. Then we see what works. This works for me!

And I can understand why you would avoid supps that give you the sh*ts, so do whatever works for you! :dump:

It's all good man. :head:

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's all subjective, that's why this forum exists. We all talk about our experiences and pick up ideas from others. Then we see what works. This works for me!

And I can understand why you would avoid supps that give you the sh*ts, so do whatever works for you! :dump:

It's all good man. :head:
I gotta tell you the creatine is terrible, but the bloated uncomfortable feeling I get from whey is a killer. I just eat like a lunatic:fart:

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Just tried the first beta for the non-stim RPM (we are probably going to call it something other than RPM tho) today-the pumps on this stuff are unreal :)
I have no doubt its going to be amazing...we any kind of approximation as to when the release is going to be?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have no doubt its going to be amazing...we any kind of approximation as to when the release is going to be?
4-6 mos. :)

j/k 4-6 weeks :)

Last edited:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for letting me know that you 'spend time under the bar' that really touched me.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
just as much as your "hard work and dedication" did me. Bye, obviously you have no input here, so don't waste your breath.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
:think: looks like it is going to miss the non-stim cycle I am going to start now...
I meant 4-6 weeks :) Been a long day....

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
jungle warfare, PowerFull (or rather bulk Pfull from NP), AP, Bcaa, and of course protein.