reset AD after extensive adderall use

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

reset AD after extensive adderall use

i have been taking adderall XR for almost 3 years now to help with my ADD. been ramping up the dosage from starting at 20mg to 60mg ed due to tolerance. anyways i would think the amphetamines in adderall would cause more severe adrenal fatigue quicker than many other stims, i think. would u agree? seems to me reset AD would really help me if i wanted to get the same effects using a lower dosage of adderall.

would you guys agree that it would really help?
    any comments and or thoughts would be great

2. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    i have been taking adderall XR for almost 3 years now to help with my ADD. been ramping up the dosage from starting at 20mg to 60mg ed due to tolerance. anyways i would think the amphetamines in adderall would cause more severe adrenal fatigue quicker than many other stims, i think. would u agree? seems to me reset AD would really help me if i wanted to get the same effects using a lower dosage of adderall.

Your reasoning sounds very legitimate to me, lets see if Dave can pop in here and give you a more definitive explanation.

Sounds ideal to me though.
  3. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.4%

Hey bro, here is something I found after a little looking around.

"Adrenal fatigue is common in today’s society and is caused by prolonged stress activating the glands too often. Almost any type of physical or mental stress can activate the glands to secrete hormones and/or neurotransmitter substances. In addition, substances that are stimulants (ex. caffeine, nicotine, amphetamines, cocaine, ephedra a.k.a. MaHung, and guarana) can cause the glands to become over stimulated."
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.98%

adderall is comprised of Amphetamines which work by stimulating dopamine, norepinephrine.. ALthough I am not an expert on amphetamines they on principal work similiar to ephedra. Now each Amphetamine works slightly different but based on how Reset-a.d. works on adrenal health and down regulating of a1 and a2 receptors that are upregulated by stimulant abuse, hypothetically speaking I think reset-a.d. can have a positive effect on your increasing adderall use..

I would begin using reset-ad 1 pill 3 times daily and see if you are able to down grade your adderall use to 40mgs by day 15. please pm me if you have any questions or just post back in here.
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.98%

pm me i want to sponsor a log for you.. I am concerned about that ramped up use. I want to see if we can help you out asap. Just did some reading on adderall spoke to my boss and we want to help!
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.19%

i take adderall as well, the xr's are too much for me, try going with the regular one, u can really control when u use it a lot more... say u need to study for like 6 hours, just pop it an hour before u need to study, then it wears off, unlike the xr which seems to last forever.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

speedpastu, this is a little crazy, but i do use the regular generic adderall at 30mg as well as 60mg of XR, like if i have classes throughout the entire day i will take 60mg of XR in the morning then about 5-8 hours later i will pop a 30mg of regular to make it through the last few classes of the day. the 30mg of regular is as strong as the 60mg of XR because the XR is time released, your really getting 30mg for about 3-4hours than another 30mg for the last 3-4 hours, in a manner of speaking.

i really appreciate the help thus far

i
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.19%

speedpastu, this is a little crazy, but i do use the regular generic adderall at 30mg as well as 60mg of XR, like if i have classes throughout the entire day i will take 60mg of XR in the morning then about 5-8 hours later i will pop a 30mg of regular to make it through the last few classes of the day. the 30mg of regular is as strong as the 60mg of XR because the XR is time released, your really getting 30mg for about 3-4hours than another 30mg for the last 3-4 hours, in a manner of speaking.

i really appreciate the help thus far

i
    jesus, that is a lot, how do u go to sleep at night? or have an appetitie? personally i think that is too much for anyone, im not a doctor but i would think thats not healthy for anyone, especially for their heart.... anyways i would look into maybe weaning down because a tolerance to that much adderall is something i have never heard of and i know a lot of people who take it. good luck.
  9. Superman
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.63%

Im very interested in ur log as i take 30mg regular and 30mg xr.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by speedpastu View Post
    jesus, that is a lot, how do u go to sleep at night? or have an appetitie? personally i think that is too much for anyone, im not a doctor but i would think thats not healthy for anyone, especially for their heart.... anyways i would look into maybe weaning down because a tolerance to that much adderall is something i have never heard of and i know a lot of people who take it. good luck.
    i just went to see the Dr. today, for the first time, (switched insurance so i got a new doc) he was a little shocked to i guess, he looked it up and said there is NO WAY he would give me a script for 60mg of XR, at least for the first visit, maybe next time. so he gave me the 30mg of XR and the 30mg's of regular.

i sleep with the wonderful aid of PowerFull, and sometimes melitonin. as far as appetite, 60mg really is not so strong anymore it seems so eating is not hard. infact, my old doc said i was his first patient ever on adderall to actually gain weight. plus my junglewar fair cycle has me starving 24/7. i know, im a freak of nature, but its kinda worth it, i get such good grades now. NATIONAL DEANS LIST BABY!!! still would like to get the benefits with a lower dose
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.19%

i just went to see the Dr. today, for the first time, (switched insurance so i got a new doc) he was a little shocked to i guess, he looked it up and said there is NO WAY he would give me a script for 60mg of XR, at least for the first visit, maybe next time. so he gave me the 30mg of XR and the 30mg's of regular.

i sleep with the wonderful aid of PowerFull, and sometimes melitonin. as far as appetite, 60mg really is not so strong anymore it seems so eating is not hard. infact, my old doc said i was his first patient ever on adderall to actually gain weight. plus my junglewar fair cycle has me starving 24/7. i know, im a freak of nature, but its kinda worth it, i get such good grades now. NATIONAL DEANS LIST BABY!!! still would like to get the benefits with a lower dose

with ur jw have u noticed any shedding?... yea i would keep it down to 30mg a day eventually it will work out and be enough, u just have been on too muc adderall for too long i think... **** i take 10 mgs non time released and the most i ever take is 20 really.
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

no shedding so far from jw.i have done one and a half cycles of it so far. im only 19, your 23 or 25 or something i think. androgenic side effect that some experience. maybe we both need to lower our dosages. bummer
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.98%

no shedding so far from jw.i have done one and a half cycles of it so far. im only 19, your 23 or 25 or something i think. androgenic side effect that some experience. maybe we both need to lower our dosages. bummer
    pm'd
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.74%

This'll be a great log, I cant wait.
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.98%

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeMuscle View Post
    This'll be a great log, I cant wait.
    me too.. stoked to see how it goes!!
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.38%

heebs the reset ad is amazing ive used two bottles so far. I also use tyrosine and also supplement extra iodine and salt in my diet for thyroid hormones and dopamine transport.
    as for adderall ive taken it a few times in the last month it it see that the effects are very long lasting and much more powerful even at very low dosages. I am def going to try and get a prescript for adderall because i def have add(why i have been using stims so much)
    - How easy is it to get a precript for adderall? im goin to see a psych soon
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

bro the reset works wonders with adderall because my addy tolerance increases like crazy at first.
  18. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

bro the reset works wonders with adderall because my addy tolerance increases like crazy at first.
    thats awesome man....thanks for the feedback as always
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by john123131 View Post
    thats awesome man....thanks for the feedback as always
    no problem. i love the product and the price is amazing.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I would have paid more for what they charge for this product. I haven't used it yet, mine just came in today, but the idea behind it is fricken BRILLIANT!!!
    NSCA - CSCS
  21. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

bump
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I dont think its a good idea to take add medicines. Reset Ad worked well for me. Hard to say how effective it is ; however I did think I felt it working pretty well.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I dont think its a good idea to take add medicines. Reset Ad worked well for me. Hard to say how effective it is ; however I did think I felt it working pretty well.
    i can honestly say, for fact, i would have failed out of collage or my grades would have been so low that it have pointless to keep going if i didnt have adderall. instead i have a 3.30gpa because i have adderall. its not the most healthy thing for you, but in this case the benefits definitely out weigh the negatives.

its probably not a good idea to take so many stims that we need reset ad but look how many people do
  24. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

adderall turned my best friend into a crack head... he takes like 40mg each morning and he just bugs out the whole day. he has lost like 30 lbs in 3 months and his hairline is starting to receed from malnutrition. i guess it just efects every1 diff.
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.38%

Quote Originally Posted by nephilim666 View Post
    adderall turned my best friend into a crack head... he takes like 40mg each morning and he just bugs out the whole day. he has lost like 30 lbs in 3 months and his hairline is starting to receed from malnutrition. i guess it just efects every1 diff.
    Same thing happened to a friend of mine in college. He got weird as hell on it and spent all of his free time downloading cheesy techno songs He also lost all interest in girls it seemed. Personally, I don't think he had ADD.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.86%

You are absolutely right on track in your thinking. I have sort of devoted myself to this topic because I am a 5 year Adderall veteran and have been at the lifting game for 10 years now. I definitely think that Adderall induces adrenal fatigue syndrome. I just wrote a blog about this very topic that I think you would find very helpful. What is your body type? I am naturally a endo-meso and usually have to greatly restrict calories to stay ripped. However, Adderall makes it a totally different ball game. The things you need to be extra careful of are:

-over training
    -adrenal fatigue symptoms
    -becoming catabolic

Reset was an okay product, but I am finding that the Ampheta-Restore stuff packs a bigger punch. I'm doing a review on it as we speak.

Also, I have noticed that taking benadryl eveyr other night, or as little as possible, helps a tad bit as well. However, nothing is going to totally make you feel 100% after a workout where you are tweaked out on Adderall and you are training your butt off. Trust me on this, utilize the rest day!
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.65%

I know this topic is a few years old but I can't seem to find the log that was supposed to come out of it. I saw lots of opinions but no factual information. I apologize in advance if there in fact is a log and I got retarded with the search function.
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.65%

Disregard. I found the log. The problem was with me.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Palo Alto Labs

pm me i want to sponsor a log for you.. I am concerned about that ramped up use. I want to see if we can help you out asap. Just did some reading on adderall spoke to my boss and we want to help!
    That's an awesome Rep... Good to see people helping people!
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 06:36 PM
  2. Cutting after Tri-Max use
    By young92117 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 06:00 PM