"Natural Anabolics"

lhp21

Awards
What non-hormonals are out there for those not yet 18? X-Factor, E-Bol, ...?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
From my observations (this excludes me) if you buy whatever is the newest, most talked about supplement on the forums, and most advertised no steroid can even match up to it. I speculate that when all the humans on the Earth use them, they synergistically combine all the anabolic energy from each and every user with the cosmic rays and evenly disperse themselves throughout the Earth. Sure you spend $$$, but that's a small price to pay for such a insane method of gaining muscle.

r6samson

Awards
I was always told "just eat man" and still hear it everyday. I'll give you the best advice I've ever gotten as far as diet goes.

Eat your bodyweight PLUS in protein DAILY. You'll see differences I promise you. I recently just started doing this and feel dumb that I wasted lots of previous potentional. All calories aren't the same. Get your bodyweight in protein and the calories will come with it. Calories don't build muscle, only protein. Tuna, chicken, protein shake are all good examples to get what you need for the day. It's worth it.

JP

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Calories don't build muscle, only protein
While I'll agree that eating a minimum of 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight is a good thing; you're above statement is a little more than half right.

It's actually quite important to get calories from ALL THREE types, but in good proportion. After the low-carb craze hit, I've found myself telling people to chow down the (complex) carbs if they want to build mass. 'Healthy' fats are also important.

Here's two calorie-source breakdowns that I like to use:

Fats | Carbs | Proteins
20% | 40% | 40%
20% | 50% | 30%

lhp21

Awards
While I'll agree that eating a minimum of 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight is a good thing; you're above statement is a little more than half right.

It's actually quite important to get calories from ALL THREE types, but in good proportion. After the low-carb craze hit, I've found myself telling people to chow down the (complex) carbs if they want to build mass. 'Healthy' fats are also important.

Fats | Carbs | Proteins
20% | 40% | 40%
20% | 50% | 30%
I hit 40/40/20 @ around 2700 Calories, so I get plenty. 2700 Calories is plenty, I didn't like the fat gain before with ~3100. I only need one shake a day, post workout, I just eat a lot of chicken and tuna and sometimes beef. I've lifted for a while and get good results, but I still wasn't expecting such a "noob" reception here.... :rasp: BTW right now I take Green Magnitude by Controlled Labs, its creatine.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've lifted for a while and get good results, but I still wasn't expecting such a "noob" reception here.... :rasp: BTW right now I take Green Magnitude by Controlled Labs, its creatine.

Under the age of 18, and a rep of 10, were you expecting to be treated as a Vet?

What's a while? I had been lifting for over 4 years when I first took creatine, and over 7 years (been lifting since I was 13) before I started taking 'natural anabolics'.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I've lifted for a while and get good results, but I still wasn't expecting such a "noob" reception here.... :rasp: BTW right now I take Green Magnitude by Controlled Labs, its creatine.
From what I have seen you havn't been treated like a noob dude. People are giving you their honest opinions and I think so far they have been very good.

You don't really NEED any of the products you listed (or the like) and thats what everyone is saying. I would recommend you take something like creatine mono if anything. Nothing more though.

lhp21

Awards
At bodybuilding.com everyone seems a little supplement crazy, at least on their forum. Thanks for the advice guys. I lifted for 2 years without supplements, then 1/2year with protein and now creatine too. I didn't know anything about nutrition for those 2 years, just lifted hard and expected to grow.

r6samson

Awards

Fats | Carbs | Proteins
20% | 40% | 40%
20% | 50% | 30%

Cool, thanks. I'll have to check out my fat/carb intake as well and see what kind of percentages I've been yeilding. I just like to keep fats to a minimum and carbs are scarce when eating tuna/chicken/etc. Thanks for elaboration.

JP

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To echo what was said earlier...Just focusing on protein instead of building up your calories over all can leave you losing precious vitamins etc. Healthy fats, complex carbs all have their place and should be included in every diet. You just need to change the ratios a bit depending on your goals.

At an age where your hormones are at a peak and you haven't fully matured(body wise), messing with your balance with outside sources is really not advised. A multi-v, maybe some protein and creatine at the most. Take this time while your body is young and ready to take a beating, to learn about proper lifting, training and eating. These will take you further than any 4-6 week cycle of anything will. Plus 20 years down the road, you can walk without crutches :)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
At bodybuilding.com everyone seems a little supplement crazy, at least on their forum.
Exactly why they are all skin and bones, yet have tons of supps in their stock. At your age man, it is all about nutrition and hard work.

GL with everything you do, and please anytime you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. And Welcome to AM ;)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, stay away from BB.com at all costs! I joined their forum last year, and made the grave mistake of putting my AIM screenname on my profile: I've since had to block 5 people from my buddy list, and receive frequent PM's from a girl who tries to stalk me.

lhp21

Awards
Thanks guys. The search function here actually brings up relevant threads!:lol:

Bering C

Bering C

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Lots of recovery and hold the partying to a bare minimum, my first few years of college I lifted like a madman, supps at that time were a joke 1984 and i partied like there was no tomorrow and suprise suprise I couldn't add an ounce of muscle to my pathetic frame, it wasn't until I outgrew the urge to party that I finally started packing on some mass.

This place is an amazing wealth of info also. Sounds like you are on the right track good luck.

Go Wild Eat Alaskan

nelix

Awards
  • Established
A great diet.
EFA's are important to your hormons, don't worry about fat you need them, just make sure you include good fats and lots of different types.
Lots of different proteins.
Lots of different fruits and veg.
Try avoid processed foods, if you can't make up your carb needs from fruit and dairy get a job picking fruit.
Cross country running, boxing, weight training, sprinting... As much different things as you can, do everything.
Sleep 12+ hours a night.
Young and full of hormones make the most of it!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys. The search function here actually brings up relevant threads!:lol:
This is a rate occurence. You are truly blessed if you find what you're looking for with a search. Sometimes I will put in the EXACT name of a thread, and the search will tell me that no matching results were found.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, stay away from BB.com at all costs! I joined their forum last year, and made the grave mistake of putting my AIM screenname on my profile: I've since had to block 5 people from my buddy list, and receive frequent PM's from a girl who tries to stalk me.
Hahaha, thats funny. Now I know someone else feels my pain also.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Except in your case it's fellas doing the stalking?

Am i right or am I right? lol

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Except in your case it's fellas doing the stalking?

Am i right or am I right? lol
Haha, thats what makes it so dreadful! Although being from BB, having female stalkers would probably be just as annoying :lol:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, thats what makes it so dreadful! Although being from BB, having female stalkers would probably be just as annoying :lol:
Keep in mind, they're only saying that they're female.