What BCAA's would you recommend?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. What BCAA's would you recommend?


    OK, so I'm looking to take some BCAA supplements, but I'm not sure what to go with. Any personal recommendations? You you prefer pills or powder? All help is appreciated!


  2. Excell strawberry is top notch. You could also go with bulk BCAA's and flavor them with Crystal Light. I prefer powder because they're cheaper.
    •   
       


  3. Nutra's bulk... It may be a coincidence but sonce starting it in the last 2 weeks I am bigger than ever. I am sitting at 218 at 5'10" and today my girl looks at me and goes, holy **** your arms look huge it's rediculous... haha

  4. Soon to be on Excell. Can't wait. Then Maybe some bulk if Excell doesnt go good, which i highly highly doubt.

  5. Scivation Xtend - Lemonade or Watermelon

    Add some Bulk Citrulline Malate if you aren't taking more than 4 scoops of it for workouts. I recommend Stamin02 by Ergopharm. You can find it cheap if you look hard
    Nimbus Nutrition
    When Performance is EVERYTHING.
    •   
       


  6. I would have to say Xtend would be a good deal. I bought a kilo of BCAA from Nutra b/c their price is so great, but I find Xtend mixes better, is already flavoured and has Cit Malate too at such a tiny increase in price that it's worth it in convenience.

    If NP starts selling some bulk Grapefruit flavoured BCAA's, then I'd be sold even though I still have like 800g of bulk BCAA's lol.

  7. Definately go with powdered BCAAs, not pills.

    I'm am sipping on strawberry Excell right now, and it taste amazing!

    EXCELL

  8. Quote Originally Posted by DrnkMnky View Post
    Definately go with powdered BCAAs, not pills.

    I'm am sipping on strawberry Excell right now, and it taste amazing!

    EXCELL
    Yeh Excell is delicious stuf man, grape-strawberry-lemonade are all really tasty.

  9. Excell, Purple Wraath, Xtend..they're all great. One other thing I like to do is buy some bulk leucine to add into the blends.

  10. I couldn't handle the Purple Wrath taste. Don't get me wrong, far from horrible. I just couldn't see myself taking it everyday 2-3 times.

  11. any input on xtreme formulation's ICE?

    i still have 1.5 tubs of wraath to finish but ill be looking for a different flavor to try after them. the grape definitely isnt bad, but i wish they made additional flavors.... gets kinda boring

  12. Quote Originally Posted by DrnkMnky View Post
    Definately go with powdered BCAAs, not pills.

    EXCELL

    Why's that? For the most part the powders aren't all THAT cheap.


    JP

  13. Quote Originally Posted by r6samson View Post
    Why's that? For the most part the powders aren't all THAT cheap.


    JP
    I would rather drink a flavored drink with a couple scoops of BCAAs rather than swallow 15-20+ pills to equal the same dose.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by DrnkMnky View Post
    I would rather drink a flavored drink with a couple scoops of BCAAs rather than swallow 15-20+ pills to equal the same dose.
    especially a flavored drink that tastes really damn good..

  15. I've always taken the pills, but it's the beginning of the month and Vitamin World has Xtend for $25 so I'm going to pick it up since all you guys say it's good. I trust you guys. Question now: Read the directions and I'm confused. Are you to take 2 scoops prior AND 2 scoops post? Not such a good deal anymore if so....


    JP

  16. Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post
    any input on xtreme formulation's ICE?

    i still have 1.5 tubs of wraath to finish but ill be looking for a different flavor to try after them. the grape definitely isnt bad, but i wish they made additional flavors.... gets kinda boring

    Wildberrry Lemonade ICE is a very good flavor. I love ICE because it mixes almost instantly and completely. Pretty hard to beat.

    Based just on flavor, strawberry Excell is probably my favorite single bcaa product that I have ever used. Watermelon Xtend is pretty darn good, too.

  17. Xtend

  18. depends on your weight, you may need 6 scoops of xtend

  19. Alright so I decided to order Watermelon Xtend, I just cant say no to a watermelon flavored supplement. But heres my next question, I'll be taking 6 scoops due to my bodyweight. So how exactly should I split it up?

    2 prior, 2 during, 2 post? 3 prior 3 post? 2 when I get up, 2 post, 2 before bed? Should I be taking it during?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by jimmbow View Post
    Alright so I decided to order Watermelon Xtend, I just cant say no to a watermelon flavored supplement. But heres my next question, I'll be taking 6 scoops due to my bodyweight. So how exactly should I split it up?

    2 prior, 2 during, 2 post? 3 prior 3 post? 2 when I get up, 2 post, 2 before bed? Should I be taking it during?
    I would do 2 pre, 4 during.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by DrnkMnky View Post
    I would do 2 pre, 4 during.
    if you get a protein shake <45 mins before workout, you dont really need the pre-serving of xtend, right?

    i've been doing 2 servings of purple wraath with all my weight workouts and have been losing decent amounts of fat on my cutter (currently 250 pounds)

    i also do a serving as soon as i wake up and then hit my morning cardio session... i figure its a good medium between the "cardio on empty stomach" and "protein shake before cardio" approaches

    (i just consider BCAA to be "protein that u dont digest because its already broken down" and 1 scoop xtend/purple wraath/ice would equate to like 30g protein's BCAAs with this thinking)

  22. Seriously, BCAA... WOW

    Maybe it's a coincidence but in the 3 weeks wince I started adding 40-50 grams BCAA around workout time I have been gaining like I never do... Could be the Yellow gold, I am not sure but right now I am stocking up on both! :clean:

  23. Pretty similar, so maybe decide depending on budget. From the ones I have tried, tastewise -
    xtend lemonade > xtend watermelon > excell strawberry > xtend grape.

    If you are looking for an EAA product, I would highly recommend Purple Wraath.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post
    if you get a protein shake <45 mins before workout, you dont really need the pre-serving of xtend, right?

    i've been doing 2 servings of purple wraath with all my weight workouts and have been losing decent amounts of fat on my cutter (currently 250 pounds)

    i also do a serving as soon as i wake up and then hit my morning cardio session... i figure its a good medium between the "cardio on empty stomach" and "protein shake before cardio" approaches

    (i just consider BCAA to be "protein that u dont digest because its already broken down" and 1 scoop xtend/purple wraath/ice would equate to like 30g protein's BCAAs with this thinking)

    In that case I would use 2-servings before/during cardio and 2-3 servings during training.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 12:57 PM
  2. What PH would you recommend
    By mjswss57 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 02:19 PM
  3. What would you recommend?
    By MuscleMind in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 10:18 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Log in
Log in