What BCAA's would you recommend? - AnabolicMinds.com

What BCAA's would you recommend?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

What BCAA's would you recommend?

OK, so I'm looking to take some BCAA supplements, but I'm not sure what to go with. Any personal recommendations? You you prefer pills or powder? All help is appreciated!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Excell strawberry is top notch. You could also go with bulk BCAA's and flavor them with Crystal Light. I prefer powder because they're cheaper.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

Nutra's bulk... It may be a coincidence but sonce starting it in the last 2 weeks I am bigger than ever. I am sitting at 218 at 5'10" and today my girl looks at me and goes, holy **** your arms look huge it's rediculous... haha
    •   

4. Professional Member

Soon to be on Excell. Can't wait. Then Maybe some bulk if Excell doesnt go good, which i highly highly doubt.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  163 lbs.

Scivation Xtend - Lemonade or Watermelon

Add some Bulk Citrulline Malate if you aren't taking more than 4 scoops of it for workouts. I recommend Stamin02 by Ergopharm. You can find it cheap if you look hard
    Nimbus Nutrition
    When Performance is EVERYTHING.
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I would have to say Xtend would be a good deal. I bought a kilo of BCAA from Nutra b/c their price is so great, but I find Xtend mixes better, is already flavoured and has Cit Malate too at such a tiny increase in price that it's worth it in convenience.

If NP starts selling some bulk Grapefruit flavoured BCAA's, then I'd be sold even though I still have like 800g of bulk BCAA's lol.
  7. Board Sponsor

Definately go with powdered BCAAs, not pills.

I'm am sipping on strawberry Excell right now, and it taste amazing!

EXCELL
  8. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DrnkMnky View Post

I'm am sipping on strawberry Excell right now, and it taste amazing!

EXCELL
    Yeh Excell is delicious stuf man, grape-strawberry-lemonade are all really tasty.
  9. Senior Member

Excell, Purple Wraath, Xtend..they're all great. One other thing I like to do is buy some bulk leucine to add into the blends.
  10. Professional Member

I couldn't handle the Purple Wrath taste. Don't get me wrong, far from horrible. I just couldn't see myself taking it everyday 2-3 times.
  11. New Member

any input on xtreme formulation's ICE?

i still have 1.5 tubs of wraath to finish but ill be looking for a different flavor to try after them. the grape definitely isnt bad, but i wish they made additional flavors.... gets kinda boring
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.

EXCELL

Why's that? For the most part the powders aren't all THAT cheap.

JP
  14. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by r6samson View Post
    Why's that? For the most part the powders aren't all THAT cheap.

JP
    I would rather drink a flavored drink with a couple scoops of BCAAs rather than swallow 15-20+ pills to equal the same dose.
  15. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

I would rather drink a flavored drink with a couple scoops of BCAAs rather than swallow 15-20+ pills to equal the same dose.
    especially a flavored drink that tastes really damn good..
  16. New Member

I've always taken the pills, but it's the beginning of the month and Vitamin World has Xtend for $25 so I'm going to pick it up since all you guys say it's good. I trust you guys. Question now: Read the directions and I'm confused. Are you to take 2 scoops prior AND 2 scoops post? Not such a good deal anymore if so....

JP
  17. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post

i still have 1.5 tubs of wraath to finish but ill be looking for a different flavor to try after them. the grape definitely isnt bad, but i wish they made additional flavors.... gets kinda boring

Wildberrry Lemonade ICE is a very good flavor. I love ICE because it mixes almost instantly and completely. Pretty hard to beat.

Based just on flavor, strawberry Excell is probably my favorite single bcaa product that I have ever used. Watermelon Xtend is pretty darn good, too.
  18. New Member

Xtend
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

depends on your weight, you may need 6 scoops of xtend
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

Alright so I decided to order Watermelon Xtend, I just cant say no to a watermelon flavored supplement. But heres my next question, I'll be taking 6 scoops due to my bodyweight. So how exactly should I split it up?

2 prior, 2 during, 2 post? 3 prior 3 post? 2 when I get up, 2 post, 2 before bed? Should I be taking it during?
  21. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbow View Post
    Alright so I decided to order Watermelon Xtend, I just cant say no to a watermelon flavored supplement. But heres my next question, I'll be taking 6 scoops due to my bodyweight. So how exactly should I split it up?

2 prior, 2 during, 2 post? 3 prior 3 post? 2 when I get up, 2 post, 2 before bed? Should I be taking it during?
    I would do 2 pre, 4 during.
  22. New Member

I would do 2 pre, 4 during.
    if you get a protein shake <45 mins before workout, you dont really need the pre-serving of xtend, right?

i've been doing 2 servings of purple wraath with all my weight workouts and have been losing decent amounts of fat on my cutter (currently 250 pounds)

i also do a serving as soon as i wake up and then hit my morning cardio session... i figure its a good medium between the "cardio on empty stomach" and "protein shake before cardio" approaches

(i just consider BCAA to be "protein that u dont digest because its already broken down" and 1 scoop xtend/purple wraath/ice would equate to like 30g protein's BCAAs with this thinking)
  23. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

Seriously, BCAA... WOW

Maybe it's a coincidence but in the 3 weeks wince I started adding 40-50 grams BCAA around workout time I have been gaining like I never do... Could be the Yellow gold, I am not sure but right now I am stocking up on both! :clean:
  24. Senior Member

Pretty similar, so maybe decide depending on budget. From the ones I have tried, tastewise -
    xtend lemonade > xtend watermelon > excell strawberry > xtend grape.

If you are looking for an EAA product, I would highly recommend Purple Wraath.
  25. Board Sponsor

if you get a protein shake <45 mins before workout, you dont really need the pre-serving of xtend, right?

i've been doing 2 servings of purple wraath with all my weight workouts and have been losing decent amounts of fat on my cutter (currently 250 pounds)

i also do a serving as soon as i wake up and then hit my morning cardio session... i figure its a good medium between the "cardio on empty stomach" and "protein shake before cardio" approaches

(i just consider BCAA to be "protein that u dont digest because its already broken down" and 1 scoop xtend/purple wraath/ice would equate to like 30g protein's BCAAs with this thinking)

In that case I would use 2-servings before/during cardio and 2-3 servings during training.
  26. New Member

Says 2 scoops pre/during (I'm under 160lbs) then 2 after. So that's ONLY on training days?

JP
  27. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

ICE is top notch quality, and their flavouring is good. XF is a great company with a hardcore following. You can't go wrong.

I would recommend either Bulk BCAAs (wow, Nutraplanet sure has a great price on these...imagine that) flavoured with Crystal Light, or going with an Xtend-type supp, with added Bulk Leucine.

Sip on this while working out.

You might also look into mixing up a batch of your favourite BCAA product and leaving it next to your bed at night. If you wake up for any reason, chug a few gulps to support anabolic recovery.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  28. Anabolic Innovations Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbow View Post
    OK, so I'm looking to take some BCAA supplements, but I'm not sure what to go with. Any personal recommendations? You you prefer pills or powder? All help is appreciated!
    Here you go and you can choose from SEVEN different flavors.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/1074/excell.html

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  29. Banned

hey i take complete bcaa power i think iss make them got them from np.i taught they where good but everybody else on here takes either exell,extend.and somebody said to use powder not pills i only have to take four after workout so i like that but dose not seem like a nuff.any help or opitions would be aprrecitated.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.

Excell is #1. In fact its about time i order some more....
  31. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse21 View Post
    Excell is #1. In fact its about time i order some more....
    I know just the place to order....
  32. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I know just the place to order....
    ok, you got me.....where??

I kid, I kid!!!!
  33. Professional Member

I was at Vitamin Shoppe today so grabbed some Xtend to try. Will tonight.(Watermelon) I was going to be ordering some Excell though. Anyone have the Mango? The only bad thing is that Xtend was the little one. I have to do 6 scoops to my bodyweight...instead i'll be doing 5 pre/during and 3 post, then later 5. I need to buy alot of BCAAs due to bodyweight i guess.
  34. New Member

I would say head over to tp.com and cusomize your own blend. They have a bunch of additives(many of which you can't find in pre made mixes) and the blend I made came out to be cheaper (about 5-10 bucks) than any of the other premade powders.
  35. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    I was at Vitamin Shoppe today so grabbed some Xtend to try. Will tonight.(Watermelon) I was going to be ordering some Excell though. Anyone have the Mango? The only bad thing is that Xtend was the little one. I have to do 6 scoops to my bodyweight...instead i'll be doing 5 pre/during and 3 post, then later 5. I need to buy alot of BCAAs due to bodyweight i guess.

My point man. I was figuring 30 servings then saw you should take it pre/during and then another post which cuts that for me to 15 servings. so all of a sudden it's not such a cheap supplement anymore.

I just did one serving pre/during, do you guys think I should get the post one as well? And it's for train days ONLY correct?

JP
  36. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by r6samson View Post
    My point man. I was figuring 30 servings then saw you should take it pre/during and then another post which cuts that for me to 15 servings. so all of a sudden it's not such a cheap supplement anymore.

I just did one serving pre/during, do you guys think I should get the post one as well? And it's for train days ONLY correct?

JP
    Use a decent whey isolate post workout, and you can skip the Xtend PWO.
  37. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Use a decent whey isolate post workout, and you can skip the Xtend PWO.

Thank you! Rep points? Rep points.

JP
  38. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

Lord I LOVE bulk BCAA with YG!! I was stuck at 214 for 3-4 on a heavy cycle, I started these and now I am up to 221 amd there has been no slow down each and every time I wiegh myself... Could 230 be around the corner??? I NEVER hold over 215 without getting fat!
  39. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bbgolfer View Post
    I would say head over to tp.com and cusomize your own blend. They have a bunch of additives(many of which you can't find in pre made mixes) and the blend I made came out to be cheaper (about 5-10 bucks) than any of the other premade powders.
    I did this before and it tasted horrid, even with a premium flavoring system

it takes a LOT to cover up the bitterness of aminos, and TP's flavoring just didnt do it for me.

i still love TP for my casein mix and carb mix, i just wont buy another amino mix
  40. New Member

I did this before and it tasted horrid, even with a premium flavoring system

it takes a LOT to cover up the bitterness of aminos, and TP's flavoring just didnt do it for me.

i still love TP for my casein mix and carb mix, i just wont buy another amino mix
    I have the premium lemonade and it tastes pretty good. I will say that it is much weaker in flavor than something like Xtend, but I think about 5 scoops in 15-20oz of water tastes great.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 10:57 AM
  2. What PH would you recommend
    By mjswss57 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 12:19 PM
  3. What would you recommend?
    By MuscleMind in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 08:18 PM
  4. Replies: 6