Do you use a multi-Vitamin?

Do You Take A Multi-vitamin?

• Total voters
MurdahUDawg

MurdahUDawg

Awards
How many here supplement with a multi-vitamin?

do you find that it adds to your energy, take from it, or neither?

brand?

I've used Gnc Mega-men sport and I was using ON Opti-Men right now but stopped.

I find that the days I take it; im tired, the day just drags on, then the very next day if I do not take it Im full of energy.

I want to take a multi, but i don't want that problem any longer .... :aargh:

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
Just keeps me running right. Weight training 6 days a week, combined with a regular life, puts a huge amount of stress on your body. If you are deficient in vitamins and minerals, you wont be able to perform optimally and you wont be able to pack on as much mass. They are so cheap, it seems stupid to me not to take them. I am assuming that everyone on this board is supplementing in some way. I personally find it hard to eat all of the fruits and veggies needed to get everything I need. What is an extra couple bucks a month for a multi vitamin when it makes up for so many dietary short comings? I personally just go to walmart and buy the equate multi vitamins. They are mother cheap. And while they may be of a slightly lower quality than the more designer brands, they are so cheap you can simply double dose and still get better value. I also supplement with ZMA and B-vitamines... all very cheap at walmart.

EDIT: maybe I shouldnt have used the word stupid. I dont want to offend anyone. I just thing that multi's are pretty much a bread and butter thing.
EDIt: I forgot to mention the oils, ohhh the oils. Not necessities, but I deffinately notice a difference when I am taking them. I just feel better. As well, I find oils very useful when I am trying to cut a little bit of fat. They are all around just really good to include.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
NOW Adam, best there is and ever will be.

MurdahUDawg

MurdahUDawg

Awards
anyone ever experience the feeling i described?

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Right now i am taking ON Opti-Men and also supplement with Vitamin C daily, i was taking NOW ADAM, and think I am going to go back to it...I can't really speak to the dragging in the a.m. when taking it vs. not taking it... although I have been dragging a bit lately in the am, but i cant associate that with anything specific just yet...I wonder...i am going to have to test that out and not take it in the a.m. and see what happens..

The On Opti-Men says to take three seperate doses through out the day, so after your am dose, when you take the other 2 later in the day do you start to drag shortly after the other doses?

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have used Opti Men and currently use a Costco multi that is rated very high, it is for athletic types like us. I have used Animal pak but never noticed much difference, some swear by it though.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
someone at work told me last week that he saw something on the news from a study that said if you take 2 or more daily vitamins in one day between the ages of 18-45 then it increases your risk of developing prostate cancer. anyone else heard anything like this?! it doesn't sound to legit to me and i usually take a couple a day.
This guy tried to tell me this at the gym, and then insisted on checking my prostate for me :think:

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Here is what I heard from The Denver Post who had an article on it

Washington - There's more worrisome news about vitamins: Taking too many may increase men's risk of dying from prostate cancer.

The study, being published today, doesn't settle the issue. But it is the biggest yet to suggest high-dose multivitamins may harm the prostate, and the latest chapter in the confusing quest to tell whether taking various vitamins really helps a variety of conditions - or is a waste of money, or worse.

Government scientists turned to a study tracking the diet and health of almost 300,000 men. About a third reported taking a daily multivitamin, and 5 percent were heavy users, swallowing the pills more than seven times a week.

Within five years of the study's start, 10,241 men had been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Some 1,476 had advanced cancer; 179 died.

Heavy multivitamin users were almost twice as likely to get fatal prostate cancer as men who never took the pills, concludes the study in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.

But overall, the researchers found no link between multivitamin use and early-stage prostate cancer.

The researchers speculate that perhaps high-dose vitamins had little effect until a tumor appeared, and then could spur its growth.

While similar but smaller studies have suggested a link, too, more rigorous research is needed, caution the National Cancer Institute scientists.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
those are interesting studies
Yeah, I found this a little more interesting

But overall, the researchers found no link between multivitamin use and early-stage prostate cancer.

The researchers speculate that perhaps high-dose vitamins had little effect until a tumor appeared, and then could spur its growth.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If I remeber right its too much calcium that can increase of prostate cancer in men so that might explain it. Don't hold me to it though as im not 100% sure as it was awhile ago I read it.

rsharp

rsharp

Awards
If I remeber right its too much calcium that can increase of prostate cancer in men so that might explain it. Don't hold me to it though as im not 100% sure as it was awhile ago I read it.
I actually heard the same thing, there might be some truth to it.

MurdahUDawg

MurdahUDawg

Awards
My day just drags on period.
If i take the multi-vitamin that day im just energy-less and droggy.
don't feel like working.

I noticed though last summer, when I was taking the GNC Mega-men Gel-capsule types I did not have this problem.
I had opposite feeling; I had energy.

Markio

Markio

Awards
take multi vits, and other vits because I'm a sucker for marketing. Dunno if there making a difference but they aint expensive so I carry on regardless

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I take a multi along with about eight other pills everyday. It's kinda like putting on my shoes in the morning. I don't feel prepared if I don't.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
I always use a multi vitamin. Its the vitamin world mens mega time released. I typically take 2-3 throught the day to make sure there is an abundence during bulking/training. 1-2 while im off.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Your selling your gains short if you don't use ZMA, multi, and B-Complex.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I used Beverly Super Pak on and off for quite awhile..... but (embarressed to say) I currently have the Beverly Ms. Power Pak. LOL. Bought a couple for the wife who no longer uses them.... so any self-respecting cheapskate sucks it up and uses the women's product himself. <-me

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
you guys need to look into Orange TRIad, it will be available at nutraplanet within a day or two.
It actually looks decent. Hows absorption? I know some pressed tabs multi's don't disolve very well.

Last edited:

anabolik1

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I ALWAYS take my multi...if I don't take anything else. It makes me feel better and more energized. I have used GNC Mega Men, Optimum Opti-Men, Now Foods ADAM, Beverly Super Pak, Universal Animal Pak and MHP Activites. IMO - Activites beats them all (albeit not by much - close seconds is Opti-Men & ADAM). It's a nice blend that you can actually "feel."

propho

Awards
  • Established
If I had the money I'd keep going with liquid vitamins.. always heard they were better.. I 'felt' better too..

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I take American Health, more than a multi...one of the best multis I've used! That or the Super Nutrition, Opti Pack...I'd stop taking everything else before I stopped my multi.

punksurfer024

punksurfer024

Awards

brand?

I've used Gnc Mega-men sport and I was using ON Opti-Men right now but stopped.

I find that the days I take it; im tired, the day just drags on, then the very next day if I do not take it Im full of energy.

I want to take a multi, but i don't want that problem any longer .... :aargh:

yes i use multi, not more energy but less sick less often, and brand is colossal labs vitamonster....

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I just use NOW's vit-min. My diet is pretty well rounded, so a MV is not really all that necessary for me.. I just chose a cheap but still decent one - 180 caps for $20, lasts 6 months.

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards

brand?
I use one a day womens (or the generic equivalent sometimes). But the calcium content in that is crap! at only 45% DV. I'm thinking of switching to one a day weight smart. Someone told me it helped them. And to answer your last Q, neither. Been taking them for 15 yrs.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I always take a solid multivitamin/multi-mineral as I think they are vital given the lack of their presents (or lesser contents) in our fruits and vegetables grown in an ever decreasing nutrient rich soil and dowsed in pesticides.
Right now I'm using NOW Vit-Min100 and would say any multi is better than not taking one even if it wal-mart brand or some sh!t. Look into a high potency B-complex if your having energy problems would be my advice as that seems to help me.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I was at Walmart the other day, and even though the pressed equate brand MAY have been upsetting my stomach, the label clearly reads, "Oil- and Water-soluble Vitamins with Minerals Tablets USP" also it says, "Made to U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) quality, purity and potency standards. Laboratory tested to dissolve within 60 minutes."
So, maybe Equate isn't as bad as the rap it's taken? Who knows?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Scratch the above comment. I just took an Equate multi and an hour late I'm gettin' the urge to puke. Fvck Equate. I'm stickin' to NOW's ADAM

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I took the Equate and GNC mega mens. Definitely GNC is the better choice for me. But Im gonna go with animal pak next go round. (If they don't make me hungry as f@ck like the other 2)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I take NOW Ecogreens

I feel I get sick / colds less often.

RR

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
anyone ever experience the feeling i described?
I'd wager that is a weird vitamin feeling.... if anything I've only heard of feeling ill (Usually from taking gel cap vitamins where the bulk of vitamins are released all at once rather than a solid pill that takes time to break down).

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I used to use Now Adam but in my last order I got MHP Active Sport because it has Aminogen.

edit: Bulk Aminogen + Carbogen Nutracaps!!!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Vitilizer all the way. Hands down even better than NOW multi. Plus its time/ph released so I get better absorption.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i take a multi.
but to be honest....i can't tell a difference when i use one or not.

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
Yes, but only becauase there were these daily vitamin pack (like animal pack) boxes reduced to $3 from $18. Got a years supply.

SFRANGER

SFRANGER

Awards
I like Animal Pak, I can definitely feel more energy after taking them for a week or two.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I take Optimum Nutrition's Super Anti-Oxidants-
120 Capsules
Supplement Facts
Serving Size2Capsules
Servings Per Container60

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin A (As Betatene® Natural Mixed Carotenoids) 25,000IU 500%*
Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid) 1000mg 1,667%*
Vitamin E (As D-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate) 400IU 1,333%*
Folic Acid 400mcg 100%*
Selenium 200mcg 290%*

Alpha Carotene 490mcg †
Zeaxanthin 94mcg †
Cryptoxanthin 114mcg †
Lutein 72mcg †

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients
Gelatin, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Silica
Its basic enough and it allows me to take my minerals at different times to alleviate any absorption issues. I also take sublingual -12 in the morning and Poseidon when I can afford it.