poseidon discoloration

waimoku

waimoku

Awards
I have been using poseidon for a month now and really like it. However, I went on travel for a week and left it in the office. When I came back it had a slight discoloration (when from white to a light brown) and the strong taste was considerably lessened. The contain was not left unsealed since my original thought was that it was exposed to air while I was away. It seems weaker now, has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Moisture will turn it that color but it is still effective.

Tkenshin

Awards
your's is white? wierd mine is pink and now its dark pink.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Your Poseidon is still good. It is VERY sensitive to any exposure to moisture. That said, as soon as you open the container for the first time, it breaks the seal and begins to slowly take on moisture from the air. This causes it to turn a darker brownish/Orange color but does not cause it to loose any effectiveness.

Many of the original runs of Poseidon were much lighter in color...almost completely white...when first opening the containers. We have now up graded out manufacturing process so all the latest batches of Poseidon have been micronized. This gives it a more "powdery" look as well as a pinkish/orange color right from the start.

Hope this helps to clarify things and answer your questions. There is another similar log someone else started that may help as well:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nimbus-nutrition/65709-poseidon-gone-bad.html ;)

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been using poseidon for a month now and really like it. However, I went on travel for a week and left it in the office. When I came back it had a slight discoloration (when from white to a light brown) and the strong taste was considerably lessened. The contain was not left unsealed since my original thought was that it was exposed to air while I was away. It seems weaker now, has anyone experienced this?

Thanks
Yep, just caught some moisture to cause the discoloration. The product is still good, and I can vouch for it's effectivness still being solid. I have some Poseidon sitting in my drawer right now, had a serving this morning and got a slight flush. Should still be good to go my friend.

Eat The Poor

Awards
You should definitely put a disclaimer on the label on the tub notifying consumers that the product will discolor and that this is perfectly fine.

Mine has discolored considerably and has also clumped. I have to shake it just to break it up into a powder again for scooping.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good suggestion ETP. Just rest assured that the product is still doing what it does.:thumbsup:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine has turned brown and I thought it was ok, it worked for a day or two, and then started giving me diarhea. I've stoped taking it and the diarhea is gone. It seemed to have turned a darker shade of brown now though. I do close it up good and keep it in a dark cabinet, so I don't know whats up with it. Anyway I had to stop taking it because of this.

Boris

Awards
I haven't had any of these problems with Poseidon, but I always make sure my hands are completely dry before opening it, and I don't allow the scoop to touch anything when I'm putting the powder into a bottle of water, I hold it a cm or so above the top of the bottle when tipping it in to avoid any moisture getting on it. My first tub of Poseidon lasted me about 6 weeks and I didn't see any signs of it having got contaminated with moisture.

The one thing I do notice is that there is a mixture of particle types in there, and the larger darker particles can tend to separate from the smaller lighter ones. If you just hold the open tub and gently move it from side to side, you can see them grouping together. I think this caused the composition of the mixture to change as I got further into the tub, and I'm trying to avoid that this time by every now and again turning the tub upside down (with the top screwed on!) and gently shaking it a bit, to try to reverse the settling that will occur from normally moving it about when upright.

It sounds like the new manufacturing process might help prevent this separation, though.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine has turned brown and I thought it was ok, it worked for a day or two, and then started giving me diarhea. I've stoped taking it and the diarhea is gone. It seemed to have turned a darker shade of brown now though. I do close it up good and keep it in a dark cabinet, so I don't know whats up with it. Anyway I had to stop taking it because of this.
T, where you taking anything else with Poseidon. It's the first I've heard of it causing this type of problem. Perhaps it was something else you where taking along with it that could have cause an inflammation attack. Most people find it works great as a digestive aid(including me).

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T, where you taking anything else with Poseidon. It's the first I've heard of it causing this type of problem. Perhaps it was something else you where taking along with it that could have cause an inflammation attack. Most people find it works great as a digestive aid(including me).
Yes Basic Cuts, Cissus, and Beta-alanine. I threw out my old container today, gave the last of it to the wife. She really loves by the way!. I took some of my new container today and had a great cardio session but also ended up in the bathroom afterwards. It's not bad its just one time right after my cardio workout and it doesn't last the day....I'm thinking of just not using it or just dealing with it. Maybe just having one scoop instead of 2 will help...

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Yes Basic Cuts, Cissus, and Beta-alanine. I threw out my old container today, gave the last of it to the wife. She really loves by the way!. I took some of my new container today and had a great cardio session but also ended up in the bathroom afterwards. It's not bad its just one time right after my cardio workout and it doesn't last the day....I'm thinking of just not using it or just dealing with it. Maybe just having one scoop instead of 2 will help...
T-Bone, do you take two scoops at one time? How much water do you drink it with?

Basic Cuts is a good product but can tear up your stomach if you don't us an acid neutralizer with it...like tumbs. It even says on the Basic Cut's label to take it with an antacid I believe...I could be wrong. This is due to the Cayenne Pepper they use. Could this be the culprit?

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to hear the wifey likes it T. Trying cutting back to 1 scoop at a time(if you where doing 2), and using the process of elimination with your other supps. Hate to see you give up on it completely man.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to hear the wifey likes it T. Trying cutting back to 1 scoop at a time(if you where doing 2), and using the process of elimination with your other supps. Hate to see you give up on it completely man.
I may try that. I'll see what happens. Basic Cuts has not bothered my stomach at all. A lot of things bother my stomach, I have IBS. I also had to give up Green Mag, I think magnesuim may be the culprit. Posidon has Magnesium correct?.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I may try that. I'll see what happens. Basic Cuts has not bothered my stomach at all. A lot of things bother my stomach, I have IBS. I also had to give up Green Mag, I think magnesuim may be the culprit. Posidon has Magnesium correct?.
Yeah. Try cutting the dosage in half and see what happens. Is it IBS-C or IBS-D?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah. Try cutting the dosage in half and see what happens. Is it IBS-C or IBS-D?

By C and D I'm guessing you mean constipation and diarhea. Its both!. Great huh?. It depends, it alternates. I have found a way to control it years ago. Its called the Metabolic Diet. Its a phase shift type diet. Since I started using this diet years and years ago it has cut my symptoms significantly. The diet isn't really meant for this purpose but I'm staying on it for life for this reason, not to mention fat loss and muscle gain. The lower carb portion of the diet is what has helped the most really. Carbs really bother me, but certain carbs are easier to digest than others. It all really depends, but I'll never go back to a regular carb laden diet, my stomach just couldn't take it!. Its really touch and go, a lot of supplements bother my stomach.

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
By C and D I'm guessing you mean constipation and diarhea. Its both!. Great huh?. It depends, it alternates. I have found a way to control it years ago. Its called the Metabolic Diet. Its a phase shift type diet. Since I started using this diet years and years ago it has cut my symptoms significantly. The diet isn't really meant for this purpose but I'm staying on it for life for this reason, not to mention fat loss and muscle gain. The lower carb portion of the diet is what has helped the most really. Carbs really bother me, but certain carbs are easier to digest than others. It all really depends, but I'll never go back to a regular carb laden diet, my stomach just couldn't take it!. Its really touch and go, a lot of supplements bother my stomach.
I have had the same problems. Look into an herb called "slippery elm" REALLY helped me ALOT and another product called "threelac" helped.