RPM - Naringin content - AnabolicMinds.com

RPM - Naringin content

  1. Senior Member
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    737

    Reputation

    RPM - Naringin content


    I'm a bit mystified about the ingredient Naringin, inside the new powerhouse stim RPM. Just got my bottle today, and I'm first of all going to write that I'm pumped to use it tommarow!
    My understanding is that Naringin increases the absorbtion of methylated compounds, such as caffeine or methylated steroids (yeah quite a jump there). But, does it bring up the absorbtion rate for other supplements too?

    I'm taking Cordygen5 and Body Octane right now as my cardio stack, and I will most likely be throwing in RPM sometimes preworkout. With the naringin, I was interested in finding out if it would allow my original two supplements to be even more effective than they already are - and man are they great.

    Thanks

  2. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Senior Member
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    712

    Reputation

    I asked a somewhat similar/related question over in the AN forum here. You will get a much more immediate response if you post there or if you post in my thread that I already started.

    Just a thought experiment here, but you could find out how the naringin will affect what you're taking already. When you take your other supps, try eating half (or a whole) a grapefruit with it and see what happens.
  3. New Member
    BuckeyeMuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    329

    Reputation

    Naringin increases the half life of caffeine, so the effects last longer.
    •   
       

  4. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    supersoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    1774

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    With the naringin, I was interested in finding out if it would allow my original two supplements to be even more effective than they already are - and man are they great.

    Thanks
    Short answer: Yes (probably) [most likely] {I'd put money on it}
  5. Registered User
    TheCrownedOne's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    802

    Reputation

    How does it compare to piperine?
  6. New Member
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    174

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne View Post
    How does it compare to piperine?
    Piperine just increases the absorption I believe.

    Cytochrome P-450 is an enzyme that metabolizes certain drugs/supplements. Grapefruit/Naringin, will inhibit this enzyme resulting in higher concentrations of drugs/supplements
    Last edited by xjsynx; 05-25-2007 at 10:54 AM. Reason: ** Had it backwards **
  7. Senior Member
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    737

    Reputation

    Good info, thanks for the replies.

    So, in turn, is there a certain timeframe that naringin works in? Should I take my supplements right along with it? Or wait some time before doing so?
  8. New Member
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    174

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    Good info, thanks for the replies.

    So, in turn, is there a certain timeframe that naringin works in? Should I take my supplements right along with it? Or wait some time before doing so?
    Usually drink my Grapefruit juice with my supplements.
  9. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204220

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Usually drink my Grapefruit juice with my supplements.
    Dayum- you guys beat me to it!! Good answers all the way around!!

    Just be careful with the narg/grape fruit juice and be cogniscent that it can drastically increase half-life and alter pharmacokinetics.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  10. Senior Member
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,118
    Rep Power
    637823

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Dayum- you guys beat me to it!! Good answers all the way around!!

    Just be careful with the narg/grape fruit juice and be cogniscent that it can drastically increase half-life and alter pharmacokinetics.....
    Also one glass in the AM can still effect doses in the PM.

    Dirk, whats the difference between Naringin and DHB? Also isn't there a third ingredient found in grapefruit juice that also works in this manner?
  11. Professional Member
    bitterplacebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,372
    Rep Power
    1776

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    Also one glass in the AM can still effect doses in the PM.

    Dirk, whats the difference between Naringin and DHB? Also isn't there a third ingredient found in grapefruit juice that also works in this mannar?
    Naringin is a flavonoid, and DHB is a furanocoumarin I believe would be the difference. And that Naringin, by itself, is a weaker inhibitor of the cytochrome P450 enzyme system.

    The third ingredient is bergamottin, another furanocoumarin.

    And also, yes I think one glass of grapefruit juice was shown to still have some inhibition on the enzymes up to 3 days after consumption.
  12. Senior Member
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,118
    Rep Power
    637823

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bitterplacebo View Post
    Naringin is a flavonoid, and DHB is a furanocoumarin I believe would be the difference. And that Naringin, by itself, is a weaker inhibitor of the cytochrome P450 enzyme system.

    The third ingredient is bergamottin, another furanocoumarin.

    And also, yes I think one glass of grapefruit juice was shown to still have some inhibition on the enzymes up to 3 days after consumption.
    Good info my friend.
  13. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204220

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    Good info my friend.
    Agreed- very good info- couldn't have answered it better myself!!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Caloric Content of Human Tissue
    By Giantz11 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 05:36 PM
  2. energy content
    By dsl in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 03:16 PM
  3. question about sodium content in foods
    By hamper19 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in