I Need Supplement Advice

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.97%

I Need Supplement Advice

Hey my name is kevin and I'm brand new to the board.

I have been lifting for about 4 years and Im 21 years old and I'm 6'0" and weigh about 171 (tall and lean) I want to put on more mass and stay cut. I would like to get to be 185 or so and i was wondering what your advice would be?

I was thinking about taking a pro-hormone but I really couldnt find the right one. I heard sustEVOL, and testante 50 areterrible. Those were the two that I looked at. Or do you think that pro hormones are not the answer?

What do some of you guys think I should do? I would appreciate as much information that you could give me. (supplements/post cycle/for my liver)

I currently take Anabolic Muscle by Healthy n Fit for my protein. I have tried Sizeon and other products and just nothing seems to work

Thanks

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.9%

Protein, eat healthy, sleep, train hard. Creatine would be OK, and vitamins.

At 20 you are still producing more than enough test on your own. It just takes hard work - change up your routine. If you normally do 10 reps x 3 sets, try 20 reps x 5 sets, or 5 reps x 10 sets, etc. something ridiculously different for awhile.

Grab that next higher weight on the rack and do 10 "Even though you can't do 10". Grab the smaller weight on the rack and do 100 reps, go crazy. Supersets, opposing muscle groups, all kinds of crap. Just keep your body guessing. Do Squats, they wake your whole body up.

Don't mess with prohormones or juice at your age - you want your d1ck to work in college, or if not college, at McDonalds, right?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.64%

Personally, youre too young and inexperienced. Being only 21 you probably have more growth time in you naturally. Plus how serious have you been lifting for the past 4 years? Post up your diet Include the totals of cal, pro, fat, carb.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm betting you could add the mass you want without hormones are steroids of any kind. At 6 foot and 171, it's probably a matter of tweaking your diet and training..for which there is lots of info in the other sections. There's also many knowledgable people, if you are nice to them or at least blow smoke up their arses , they might point you the right way.

Whatever you decide, Welcome to the board.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.97%

ive been pretty serious about lifting 4-5 days a week for about 3 years now. Its just that I am a hard gainer.

I dont know exactly what my calorie intake is but for example this is what i ate yesterday:

7am : 4 eggs 2 pieces of toast, Protien shake (anabolic muscle), daily vitamin

12pm: Roast beef sub, apple, two granola bars

3pm: Bagel

6:30pm: two 8 oz sirlon steaks, 2 servings steamed brocoli, 1.5 serving of pasta

9pm: small serving of pasta

(9:15 - 11pm GYM)

11 Protien shake then bed

I would consider this day A LITTLE below average for amount of food I usually eat

I work 9-5 in an office so its difficult to eat a lot during the day, thats why im thinking about a pro-hormone to get me over the hump
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

1. eat more you WILL grow!!
    2. fitday.com ....make it your friend...helps you keep track of your calories!

john
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Instead of eating your 2 steaks at one meal, eat one with your bagel. Also, not having carbs after working out is a bad idea; if possible, work out earlier in the day and add some oats and fruit to your post WO protein shake.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.67%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity Authority

Everybody claims they workout hard, but if you aren't growing and getting stronger every workout, you are probably doing something wrong.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.97%

I appreciate all the info that you are throwing my way..but what supplements would you recomend? Or do you know a good place to get a good mass building workout routine?

Thanks
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.97%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Instead of eating your 2 steaks at one meal, eat one with your bagel. Also, not having carbs after working out is a bad idea; if possible, work out earlier in the day and add some oats and fruit to your post WO protein shake.
    I would do that and i can do that on the weekends, but its impossible during the week. I cant really take two lunch breaks. I get away with a bagel or something cause its small and i can work and snack on that at the same time

But i will try the post WO advice...thanks
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by kmcl View Post
    I would do that and i can do that on the weekends, but its impossible during the week. I cant really take two lunch breaks. I get away with a bagel or something cause its small and i can work and snack on that at the same time

But i will try the post WO advice...thanks
    You need to have some protein with your bagel; add a shake that is a blend of casein and egg whites and throw in some PB or almonds.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.9%

Quote Originally Posted by PhilABowl View Post
    Protein, eat healthy, sleep, train hard. Creatine would be OK, and vitamins.

Don't mess with prohormones or juice at your age - you want your d1ck to work in college, or if not college, at McDonalds, right?
    These are the supplements I recommend.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need Supplement Advice
    By UTVolsfan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 11:37 AM
  2. need supplement advice
    By Bigruss757 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 02:11 AM
  3. Need supplement advice
    By shocknyou in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 09:20 AM
  4. Need Supplement advice (for mostly cardio)
    By nicepianoman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 08:58 PM
  5. I Need Supplement Advice
    By kmcl in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 01:31 PM