WORST tasting protein EveR!

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
I just came across the ABSOLUTE, the WORST tasting protein supplement that I have EvAR had in my entire life.

Name: Night Formula

Company: Protein Factory

Flavor: Chocolate

I really have to describe the taste as a cross between rotten milk and dirt - you know the dirt around garbage bins.

Anyone else have this experience or worse? Please share, buyer be wary.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Optimum Nutrition vanilla was bland but not terrible on the level of Syntrax Essence Chocolate, I think that's the name. It says chocolate but the flavour is terrible (it was also past expiry date in fairness but it was still horrible lol)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I'm guessin by night blend it means its a Casein protein product...? Yea well if it is, Casein has been known to taste like drap and most say its not even worth gettin one but just use your regular on in milk and maybe add stucc like BCAAs or take ZMA or something.

shnitzel

Awards
I just got a sample of Syntrax Nectar "Apple Ecstasy." Loving their Fuzzy Navel, and also loving green apples, I was excited. Not as excited at the taste, as down the sink it went. We here in Pa are being inundated with stink bugs. If you know what they smell like when you smash them, imagine that smell in a convenient powder.

VtecTypeR

Awards
I just got a sample of Syntrax Nectar "Apple Ecstasy." Loving their Fuzzy Navel, and also loving green apples, I was excited. Not as excited at the taste, as down the sink it went. We here in Pa are being inundated with stink bugs. If you know what they smell like when you smash them, imagine that smell in a convenient powder.
I didnt mind the apple Ecstasy sample I got. Reminded me of when I used to always get sour apple gum.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Protein factory and All The Whey chocolate are pretty horrible

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Nothing beats those old Weider Gainer shakes for pure putridity. Used to have to force one down, then plan your day around toilet access. lol

shnitzel

Awards
Nothing beats those old Weider Gainer shakes for pure putridity. Used to have to force one down, then plan your day around toilet access. lol
Not to hijack:nono: , but I grew (not literally) to love Weider weight gainer tablets....vanilla...yum:food:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you want a protein shake that tastes awesome my 1st choice would be physique my second choice would be Cinch Cafe Latte

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you want a protein shake that tastes awesome my 1st choice would be physique my second choice would be Cinch Cafe Latte
the thread is about worst tasting....

Syntrax-apple ecstasy....got sick of it real quick. still working on that 2lbs tub for over 6 months lol

Syntrax-cherry ?.......pretty bad after taste that wont go away no matter what. almost full after over 6months as well.

AI-banana peanutbutter.....tastes like neither banana nor peanutbutter. Have 5lbs and im slowly getting used to it but its only cuz i kno it is good isolate and i dont want to waste. Others im sure will disagree with this one. I just down it as fast as possible.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Syntrax-apple ecstasy....got sick of it real quick. still working on that 2lbs tub for over 6 months lol

Syntrax-cherry ?.......pretty bad after taste that wont go away no matter what. almost full after over 6months as well.

AI-banana peanutbutter.....tastes like neither banana nor peanutbutter. Have 5lbs and im slowly getting used to it but its only cuz i kno it is good isolate and i dont want to waste. Others im sure will disagree with this one. I just down it as fast as possible.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I would have to go with Designer Protein Vanilla flavor. The worst tasting stuff ever!

BuckeyeMuscle

BuckeyeMuscle

Awards
  • Established
The problem is, its Protein Factory....Its probably got some animal food in it.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established

Piston, that AI banana pnut butter.... is that the one that tastes like Corn Pops or maybe Honey Smacks cereal?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Sick is Chocolate carmel pecan Muscle Milk.
Nasty just plain NASTY!!!!!
I ran out of my usual protein and had to pick some up for the weekend. Sounded good but thats where the fun stopped.

shnitzel

Awards
On a lighter note of nasty, the Syntrax Peach (and i LOVE peach), isn't that great either.

I like the turtle (choc. carm pecan) MM!!

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
ON vanilla ice cream...smells great...tastes horrid

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm guessin by night blend it means its a Casein protein product...? Yea well if it is, Casein has been known to taste like drap and most say its not even worth gettin one but just use your regular on in milk and maybe add stucc like BCAAs or take ZMA or something.
I weas figuring this as well. Casein in most circumstances is pretty rotten

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ah man teh gas....but I tried Max Muscle's protein and I couldn't finish the tub...

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Muscle tech, natures best, and cyto spots protein all taste like ass to me and I tried and tried but could not like it. Another bad one is prolabs nlarge was ass when I tried it few years ago.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Muscle tech, natures best, and cyto spots protein all taste like ass to me and I tried and tried but could not like it. Another bad one is prolabs nlarge was ass when I tried it few years ago.
Yeah nitro tech gave me a case of mudd butt. Natures Best MRP's were tasty, but the pure whey tasted foul.

Necromancer

Necromancer

Awards
I got cookies and cream muscle milk..thinking it would be off the scale rad...

it tastes so gritty..force it down fast...no difference with milk..

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Worst tasting protein powder I've come across is Optimum Nutrition cookies n' cream flavor. I simply could not stand the taste of the stuff as it was very bitter.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
GNC 100% whey chocolate tastes nasty. I couldn't even give my 5lbs. tub away. And chocolate EvoPro and FujiApple were disgusting.

I liked Scitec's ISO-fruit Delight pineapple. I'm also liking the MM:Collegiate choco-mint. Tasty.

I think I'm gonna try a banana flavored shake next. Any recommendations?

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
man i havent had as bad experiences with shakes as some of you but a guy gave me a 2lb jug of Dymatize Mega-Milk chocolate (good thing i didnt buy it) which was suppose to taste like musclemilk .... not close. reminds me of the oldschool Weider shakes, very chalky and stale taste. spend the extra $3 and buy musclemilk trust me.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They were pretty bad!!

The worst supplement I have ever tasted was the liquid amino's from Twin Lab- the partially pre-digested stuff from GNC- tasted like water run through a dumpster.....

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
They were pretty bad!!

The worst supplement I have ever tasted was the liquid amino's from Twin Lab- the partially pre-digested stuff from GNC- tasted like water run through a dumpster.....
You mean the orange-colored tangy stuff? Yeah, that was gross! What was I thinking?

man i havent had as bad experiences with shakes as some of you but a guy gave me a 2lb jug of Dymatize Mega-Milk chocolate (good thing i didnt buy it) which was suppose to taste like musclemilk .... not close. reminds me of the oldschool Weider shakes, very chalky and stale taste. spend the extra $3 and buy musclemilk trust me.
I rather enjoyed Mega Milk. I haven't used any in a while, maybe they changed up the formula/flavoring.

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
i cant remember the name but it was generic brand "strawberry" flavor, and it tasted exactly like phlegm, no lie.

Wildor

Wildor

Awards
i have to agree with AI-banana peanutbutter it tastes like really stale peanuts

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
mega milk was nothing like muscle milk. i bought three tubs for $5 a piece thanks to NP moving sale. Thing is they all tasted the same even tho they were different flavored tubs.

Necromancer

Necromancer

Awards
Worst tasting protein powder I've come across is Optimum Nutrition cookies n' cream flavor. I simply could not stand the taste of the stuff as it was very bitter.
oh that is one of my favourites..and rocky road flavour too.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
A pleasant tasting one, but gave me explosive diarrhea was Lean Body Vanilla. I knew I shouldn't have tried it, because it had soy protein in it, but I was in need of some protein so I tried my sample. Within minutes my c0rn hole was on fire....

:dump: :dump: :dump: :dump:

And then I had to stop twice during my workout

:dump: :dump:

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
i disagree. trueprotein's casein mixes are AWESOME when used with their premium flavors. i actually look forward to my shake it night, its that good.

i use something like 50% milk isolate, 20% calcium caseinate, 30% whey... and then flavor with either Premium Strawberries and Cream, or Premium Orange Dreamsicle. both are delish

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
i disagree. trueprotein's casein mixes are AWESOME when used with their premium flavors. i actually look forward to my shake it night, its that good.

i use something like 50% milk isolate, 20% calcium caseinate, 30% whey... and then flavor with either Premium Strawberries and Cream, or Premium Orange Dreamsicle. both are delish
:food:

That does sound like a tasty shake...Mind sending me a few scoops so I can sample :toofunny:

CrazyMC

Awards
I haven't found any that I hate yet, but I was interested in trying the ON Cookies and Cream. I've heard different things about it, anybody here actually like it?

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
..... and All The Whey chocolate are pretty horrible
I have never heard a single criticism of our chocolate flavor until now. That really surprises me. If there was one flavor that we had that I would criticize it would be Peanut Butter. Currently it is off the product list until it is re-formulated.

Anyhow...
...I want to take this opportunity to offer free samples of any flavor of Whey Protein Blend that we have. I will give the first 20 guys that PM me with their name and address and quote this post a free sample of any flavor of Whey Protein Blend that you want to try. I have heard nothing but good things about all of our other flavors and am anxious to hear what you guys have to say.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I have never heard a single criticism of our chocolate flavor until now. That really surprises me. If there was one flavor that we had that I would criticize it would be Peanut Butter. Currently it is off the product list until it is re-formulated.

Anyhow...
...I want to take this opportunity to offer free samples of any flavor of Whey Protein Blend that we have. I will give the first 20 guys that PM me with their name and address and quote this post a free sample of any flavor of Whey Protein Blend that you want to try. I have heard nothing but good things about all of our other flavors and am anxious to hear what you guys have to say.
I would like to try Banana Bash, Very Berry Strawberry, or Strawberry Banana, so hopefully I am one of the first 20...

Beige

Awards
  • Established
The first problem I see a lot of dudes having is gettin supps from a GNC. I used to drink a lot more shakes than I do now that my diet is in check, but the worst ever was MHP Probolic Chocolate. First I tried it with milk which for some reason turned it into a cement like mixture. Then on my second try with water I had to chase every sip with water from the sink. Also, who told muscle milk it was okay to put hard chunks of stuff that are supposedly "cookie" into a protien shake. That bugged me out.

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
I agree about N Large. A 10lb tub from 2 years ago is still unfinished. It has so much lactose that I honestly think lactose alone weighs at least 2lbs!

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
The worst tasting protein I have tried has to be ON chocolate. It smells like chemical and tastes artificial. Ultimate Nutrition Muscle Juice chocolate also needs improvement as well.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
VPX's flavor system is quite strange too. I tried their Zero Impact (Vanilla, and Graham Cracker) & Zero Carb (Strawberry) proteins, and they all left a bad taste in my mouf...

cubbybear

Awards
The most horrible tasting for me I tried was a gainer called Metabolol 2, back in the late '80s. But it was my first. I didn't know much better, but tried covering up the taste mixing it in a blender with milk, honey, bananna, peanut butter... tried anything... and it was still horrible gagging it down. Strength Systems USA had a vanilla pure egg protein that was still gross but not as much. The egg proteins were desirable but the flavoring was difficult. Larry Scott came out with a protein powder back then that I really liked quite well. Still, the protein powders out today that some don't like aren't nearly as bad as most of them were back then.

Sacs

Awards
In the late 80's, early 90's my college buddies and I would try anything new on the market. We ordered a protein powder from a company called Atletika that was supposed to be some new russian company. When we finally got it, we couldn't even blend it enough to get all the chunks out. It smelled and tasted so bad that as a joke we were offering money to anyone that could put down one glass of this stuff. Compared to this crap, our Hot Stuff, Metabolol and Gainers Fuel tasted great!

Vegas Lord

Awards
In the late 80's, early 90's my college buddies and I would try anything new on the market. We ordered a protein powder from a company called Atletika that was supposed to be some new russian company. When we finally got it, we couldn't even blend it enough to get all the chunks out. It smelled and tasted so bad that as a joke we were offering money to anyone that could put down one glass of this stuff. Compared to this crap, our Hot Stuff, Metabolol and Gainers Fuel tasted great!
Are you speaking of "Aminofit"? It was easily the worst protein i had in 15 years... EASILY! My brother has a picture of me drinking that stuff when i was 15.. My face said it all...

-bman-

Awards
i second that i finally threw it out after two years of sitting in my cabinet

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
vpx zero carb = doo doo
it taste like crap!!!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Anyhow...
I would like to try some!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I had a 50 lb. bag of Bananna-flavored Weider Weight Gainer back in 1997- I was doing that diet featured in Muscle Media- forgot what it was called- it was 2 weeks high cals (like 4K a day) and 2 weeks low cals (1,600 a day)- I ended up going through the entire 50 lb. bag in one summer- I used on the high cal phase- it was the nastiest crap I ever tasted!!!

To this day I can't eat anything that tastes like banannas!!