Too much zinc?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
No reason to add in a seperate Zinc supp. Just take your Multi and ride....

T-Bar

Awards
The zinc makes me sleep like a rock. Problem is, I sleep too much, usually 12 hours or more (I'm on leave). I guess I'll ditch the zinc then...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I've read a book called Prescription for Natural Healing where they recommend 100 mg. Zinc from supplements max daily, but they didn't take bodybuilders into account

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
multi's plenty for regulating natural levels, unless you are looking for a natural sleep aid... I don't add the liver tab nutrients into my daily totals for anything, really, so no prob there... might be overkill but is cheap overkill, and they are primarily b complex, amino mega fart pills anyway.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
toxicity level is 2000 mg , i am using 100 mg per day of zinc gluconate before bed . with the listed benefits of zinc , and the cheap price , why the fvck not , use it well .

nightop

Awards
Just because 100mg is not toxic, doesn't mean it can't cause problems (mineral imbalances). I would strongly suggest researching proper copper supplementation to avoid problems... Zinc has mild aromatase and 5-AR inhibitory properties as well (good for some, bad for others).

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
can u elaborate on the imbalances u mentioned ? as well as the copper supplementation bro ? thanx .

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
High amounts of zinc can cause a copper deficiency.