Biotest's Surge Recovery

Jmuls

Jmuls

Awards
Just curious if anyone has tried this product and what they thought of the consistancy, texture, and taste.

Also, if there's any other 2:1 carb/protein post-workout powders on the market that you've had good luck with, feel free to mention it. I know these mixes aren't always cost effective, but I'm just as concerned with the time I need to take to prepare a mix as I am with the cost.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I love my Surge. I have been without it now for 4 weeks, because of a cut, but I crave my Surge.

No texture, just smooth & sweet. I know some peeps don't like the OG, and love the Raspberry flavored one. Me I don't like the Raspberry, but love the OG.

I just ordered some Replenish, but it is 1:1 ratio, and looking to try UN's Torrent, but more than likely, I will go back to Surge.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
and off subject, but I take it you are a Shield fan?

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
huge shield fan here , still trying to come to grips with Lem's death at the hands of shane

jay12

Awards
Also, if there's any other 2:1 carb/protein post-workout powders on the market that you've had good luck with, feel free to mention it.
Give BSL's Cytofuse a try, it's a great product at a great price. I highly recommend the raspberry lemonade.

JoeMama

Awards
You can "make" your surge at trueprotein for about 2/3 the cost. I know they have a premix version or it somewhere, but I couldn't find it just now. The good thing there is you also have your choice of flavors.

Cerberus

Awards
The major thing about Surge I think is their flavor system. If someone could replicate their flavor system, I would be all over it. The original flavor that is.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
As a postWO shake, I am loving Myozene right now. High quality whey hydro, huge dose of leucine, very light to drink, I recommend it.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
huge shield fan here , still trying to come to grips with Lem's death at the hands of shane
Yeah, that was a shocker, but not surprised Shane did it though. I hope Vic makes Shane pay for it though...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
The major thing about Surge I think is their flavor system. If someone could replicate their flavor system, I would be all over it. The original flavor that is.
one word: UN-FCUKING-TOUCHABLE... The OG Surge is off the hook. I use to be a Biotest wh0re, but not any longer; however, I haven't found a better PWO product yet.

jay12

Awards
one word: UN-FCUKING-TOUCHABLE... The OG Surge is off the hook. I use to be a Biotest wh0re, but not any longer; however, I haven't found a better PWO product yet.
Have you tried Cytofuse? I'm not big on the watermelon, but the raspberry lemonade is great.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Have you tried Cytofuse? I'm not big on the watermelon, but the raspberry lemonade is great.
:nono: hey quit thread jacking this thread is about teh Shield

j/k No I haven't. I am trying different PWO products now. Right now I am on the low cal approach since I am cutting, but bumping up the calories the remaining two weeks and going to take AP with Replenish. I will add Cytofuse to me try list, thanx

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Have you tried Myozene? From a formula standpoint, I have yet to find a better PWO product.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Have you tried Myozene? From a formula standpoint, I have yet to find a better PWO product.
I've never needed to try anything else IMHO, but now since I have been 4 weeks without Surge, I will be giving other PWO a shot. Thanx for the suggestion.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
I've never needed to try anything else IMHO, but now since I have been 4 weeks without Surge, I will be giving other PWO a shot. Thanx for the suggestion.
Yeah, I hear you. Personally I like to swtich up my PWO products and regular protein powders, as I burn out on them pretty quickly.

Myozene, has a strange, yet addicting flavor to it, so I may stay with it for a while. I am a big fan of whey hydro and find it by far the easiest on my gut from a digestive standpoint.

I to want to try torrent and have heard only good things about Replenish by DS.

Replenish will likely be the next on my list. I will be interested in hearing your feedback on it.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Yeah, I hear you. Personally I like to switch up my PWO products and regular protein powders, as I burn out on them pretty quickly.

Myozene, has a strange, yet addicting flavor to it, so I may stay with it for a while. I am a big fan of whey hydro and find it by far the easiest on my gut from a digestive standpoint.

I to want to try torrent and have heard only good things about Replenish by DS.

Replenish will likely be the next on my list. I will be interested in hearing your feedback on it.
I hear you. I cycle all my proteins/supplements, but for some reason Surge stuck with me. I enjoyed the recovery rates, and actually at the time it was first introduced, there weren't too many comparable PWO shakes around.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
I hear you. I cycle all my proteins/supplements, but for some reason Surge stuck with me. I enjoyed the recovery rates, and actually at the time it was first introduced, there weren't too many comparable PWO shakes around.
Yup, every now and than you find a product, that you just don't get sick of. Sounds like you found yours. :head:

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
I love Surge. One cool thing about it is that you can add about 10 grams of Leucine and 3-4 grams of Taurine, and it STILL tastes good.

Jmuls

Jmuls

Awards
I love my Surge. I have been without it now for 4 weeks, because of a cut, but I crave my Surge.

No texture, just smooth & sweet. I know some peeps don't like the OG, and love the Raspberry flavored one. Me I don't like the Raspberry, but love the OG.

I just ordered some Replenish, but it is 1:1 ratio, and looking to try UN's Torrent, but more than likely, I will go back to Surge.
So the original flavor Surge is worth trying then.....I'll have to keep that in mind for the not too distant future. For now, I'm just using about 50 or so grams of protein from Evopro and roughly a 100 grams of carbs from white basmati rice.

Jmuls

Jmuls

Awards
and off subject, but I take it you are a Shield fan?
I only watch 2 shows regularly, season after season.....

The Shield

and

The Wire

Hands down the best 2 hours of entertainment that is available on TV!

Jmuls

Jmuls

Awards
You can "make" your surge at trueprotein for about 2/3 the cost. I know they have a premix version or it somewhere, but I couldn't find it just now. The good thing there is you also have your choice of flavors.
If you can manage to find that mixture they have over there, throw a link up here please. I would definitely consider using a generic version. Thanks

Jon Doyle

Awards
The Shield is the best show ever to be on television. I've watched it from episode 1 and was immediately hooked. Nothing like it.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I only watch 2 shows regularly, season after season.....

The Shield

and

The Wire

Hands down the best 2 hours of entertainment that is available on TV!
I concur with The Shield. I am not into The Wire as much, but usual get the series from Netflix.

I also like Rescue Me, Prision Break, 24, and Criminal Minds

Jmuls

Jmuls

Awards
I concur with The Shield. I am not into The Wire as much, but usual get the series from Netflix.

I also like Rescue Me, Prision Break, 24, and Criminal Minds

If you have the time to get into The Wire, definitely give it a shot. It's absolutely stunning. Probably the best show HBO has ever done, besides Oz and The Sopranos.