How many colors are in your tea?

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Took the time to put this together myself. I hope you all can gain something from it!

Rooibos Red Tea: (pronounced roy-boss)
is a native plant (herb) only found in Cedarburg mountain regions of South Africa where it is known as "The Miracle Tea" or "Long Life Tea" known for reducing aging of the skin, muscles, internal organs & brain. In South Africa it is also used to treat allergies such as hay fever, asthma & eczema.

It's also been noted to be beneficial in treating insomnia, irritability, headaches, cataracts, nervous tension & hypertension. Contains anti-spasmodic agents, which helps relieve stomach cramping & colic.

Green Tea:

There are many health benefits associated with green tea that have been published in medical and scientific journals. Here are some of the major findings:

Major Antioxidant: Two cups of green tea are approximately twice the antioxidants of red wine and 7x that of orange juice and 20x that of apple juice. It has antioxidant activity about 25 to 100 times more potent than vitamins C & E.

Weight Loss: Contains ingredients that cause body fat reduction and increases the metabolism. Helps lower blood sugar levels, which can cause cravings.

Digestive Health:
Alkalizes the body and intestinal tract, thereby helping to reduce candida, and improves the conditions of intestines by blocking growth of bad bacteria and enhancing good bacteria, like bifidus.

Cardiovascular Health: Helps protects the cardiovascular system (reduces significantly serum and liver cholesterol, and controls blood pressure). Suppresses aggregation of platelets and helps prevent thrombosis such as heart attacks and brain strokes

Oral health and Hygiene: Inhibits the causative bacteria, which contributes to the formation of dental plaque and cavities. (Green tea has been found to be a potential chemo-preventative agent for the treatment of oral leukoplakia, a precursor lesion to oral cancer)

Cancer Fighter:
Epidemiological reports show it reduces risk of several cancers. White blood cell counts are maintained more effectively in cancer patients consuming green tea compared to non-supplemented patients. American Cancer Society reports those who regularly drink green tea are 48% less likely to develop stomach cancer, and 51% less likely to develop chronic gastritis than those who do not regularly drink green tea.

Anti-Inflammatory Agent: Contains Saponins which are natural inflammatory agents and EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) which reduces inflammation in many types of conditions, including Crohn?s disease and arthritis.

Detoxifier: Aids in detoxification of heavy metals such as lead, mercury, cadmium, etc.

White Tea:
The least processed form of tea. It's made from buds and young leaves and has more anti-mutagenic (anti-cancer) activity than green tea (highly recommended to reduce the risk of colon cancer). Like Green Tea, it also contains high concentrations of catechins, including EGCG.

Matcha Green Tea Powder:
Matcha is Japan's highest grade of green tea. Made from gyokuro, a green tea that has been grown under 90% shade 21 days prior to harvest. Matcha contains 10 to 200 times the antioxidant levels of normal green tea (this is greener than green superfood). A serving of Matcha contains about 70x more antioxidants than a glass of orange juice. It contains 9x the beta-carotene of spinach and 4x the beta carotene of carrots. It energizes detoxification of the liver, and the entire body, including the brain

It also dramatically increases weight loss by naturally boosting the metabolic rate by 35 to 40%. It also boosts energy levels without the crazy over-stimulating effects of coffee and has the paradoxical effect of causing relaxation & alertness simultaneously.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Green Tea:

There are many health benefits associated with green tea that have been published in medical and scientific journals. Here are some of the major findings:

Major Antioxidant: Two cups of green tea are approximately twice the antioxidants of red wine and 7x that of orange juice and 20x that of apple juice. It has antioxidant activity about 25 to 100 times more potent than vitamins C & E.

Weight Loss: Contains ingredients that cause body fat reduction and increases the metabolism. Helps lower blood sugar levels, which can cause cravings.

Somehow, this fact about green tea has never been played up that much. I remember reading a study a few years back saying that GT can reduce insulin response by almost 40%.

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Somehow, this fact about green tea has never been played up that much. I remember reading a study a few years back saying that GT can reduce insulin response by almost 40%.
You mean they haven't given enough credit to green tea for it's control over insulin?

Smiler51

Awards
It definitely helps the hunger feeling. I just realized lately that whenever I've a cup of green tea, I have zero cravings for sweets and less hunger in general.

excalibur

Awards
Nice info

I use white tea with breakfast and lunch
After dinner and a another meal I use green tea
and at night time before bed I use rooibos

I find that the white tee tend to give me more energy than green tea thats why I use it early in the day..

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice info

I use white tea with breakfast and lunch
After dinner and a another meal I use green tea
and at night time before bed I use rooibos

I find that the white tee tend to give me more energy than green tea thats why I use it early in the day..
Excaliber so I take it the Rooibos tea has no caffeine? How does it taste?

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
On another board, a member was asking about "pre-workout supplements" (of course) where I mentioned that I don't take anything specifically as a "pre-workout supplement". After trying virtually everything out there, I realized that they're all the same thing: a bunch of vitamins, minerals, maybe some amino acids, etc. and mainly caffeine.

Anyhow, I like to reap the benefits of teas and the benefits of green, red and white teas are listless and immaculate. On days I train (which is almost everyday) I take a tea mix that contains triple tea blend, which includes Matcha, a premium green tea, rooibos red tea from South Africa, as
well as white and green tea extracts. In the formula is also present the amino acid taurine which is a great method to enhancing feelings of well-being and has been widely studied for it's ability to enhance alertness, energy, and endurance.

Not only are you getting an immense amount of antioxidant protection with teas, they don't contain any unnecessary overloaded amounts of caffeine and you get just enough of a lift to get you going. All the caffeine in the tea mix is naturally occurring as well.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Excaliber so I take it the Rooibos tea has no caffeine? How does it taste?
The Rooibos tea I have is pear flavored, it's quite nice, smells like sawdust though :D. Teavana has a very good selection of different teas.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Dannyboy9, where do you get your three tea blend that you mentioned? Or do you just buy each seperately and make them together?

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dannyboy9, where do you get your three tea blend that you mentioned? Or do you just buy each seperately and make them together?
I buy my tea blend directly from the Shaklee Corporation. They're the Number One Natural Nutrition Company in the U.S.

I can walk you through it if you'd like. You can buy from them at either Retail or Member prices but they have a promotion going on right now in where by buying 30 PV worth on your first order, the membership is free and the membership normally runs for $19.95.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll walk you through it:nutkick:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Oolong tea is better at increasing metabolism than green tea.

I got some from Chinatown in Houston - very mild flavor. Easier to drink than green tea.