Myostatin blockers?

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Has any one used myostatin blockers? Do they work? anyone please give any feedback

cubbybear

Awards
There have been a few different brands on the market over the last six years or so (I was gullible enough to try the ones from Cytodyne, Biotest, Champion Nutrition). The advertisements were entertaining, but none of them worked.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
None of them will work. If something like that actually worked it would be regulated by the FDA, not available over the counter as a "supplement".

DaveB

Awards
You should checkout the latest Super Human Radio podcast. Its an interview with a Biopharm company that has apparently developed a inhibitor called 'Folstaxan'. Listen to the podcast and see what you think.

I dont think their studies are out yet, but apparently show a 37% decrease in myostatin

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Let me guess, Anthony Roberts has helped introduce it to the masses. Am I right?

I'll go have a look.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
None of them will work. If something like that actually worked it would be regulated by the FDA, not available over the counter as a "supplement".
that is not true. the FDA is not allowed to take supplements off the market simply because they work. If a supplement is DSHEA compliant (adheres to the official definition of a supplement) then the FDA can do nothing

but this is all just semantics. don't hold your breath for any natural myostatin blockers

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
You should checkout the latest Super Human Radio podcast. Its an interview with a Biopharm company that has apparently developed a inhibitor called 'Folstaxan'. Listen to the podcast and see what you think.

I dont think their studies are out yet, but apparently show a 37% decrease in myostatin
follistatin is a natural myostatin inhibitor. it is a protein hormone

i never knew it was being developed as a drug though

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is not true. the FDA is not allowed to take supplements off the market simply because they work. If a supplement is DSHEA compliant (adheres to the official definition of a supplement) then the FDA can do nothing

but this is all just semantics. don't hold your breath for any natural myostatin blockers
Yes...but I don't just don't trust the FDA in this resepect...It seems whatever they want is what they get. Anything that does work seems to eventually cause controversy and gets banned. Well maybe not everything, but a lot of times it happens this way. First ephedra then came the first prohormone ban. I originally thought that pro-hormones adhered to DSHEA.....But they keep changing and altering DSHEA.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
It would intersting to if follistatin works. I wonder how it would work in a transdermal compared to an oral.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Yes...but I don't just don't trust the FDA in this resepect...It seems whatever they want is what they get. Anything that does work seems to eventually cause controversy and gets banned. Well maybe not everything, but a lot of times it happens this way. First ephedra then came the first prohormone ban. I originally thought that pro-hormones adhered to DSHEA.....But they keep changing and altering DSHEA.
don't be afraid of the FDA "per se". the FDA will do absolutely nothing unless someone twists their arm to move into action. Have they done a damn thing about synthetic prosteroids? no

it took years and years of huge political pressure for the FDA to ban ephedra. the media and congressman etc. pushed and pushed an eventually the FDA acted.

prohormones? the FDA had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the ban on prohormones. that came about from a bill passed by congress and signed by the president that put the products under DEA control

changing and altering DSHEA? nothing personal but you really don't know exactly what you are talking about here. I don't think you have ever really looked deeply at the exact course of events involved in all this stuff

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
It would intersting to if follistatin works. I wonder how it would work in a transdermal compared to an oral.

follistatin is a very sensitive long chain peptide hormone just like GH and IGF-1 are

if its developed into a drug it would be administered by injection, not orally or transdermally.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
don't be afraid of the FDA "per se". the FDA will do absolutely nothing unless someone twists their arm to move into action. Have they done a damn thing about synthetic prosteroids? no

it took years and years of huge political pressure for the FDA to ban ephedra. the media and congressman etc. pushed and pushed an eventually the FDA acted.

prohormones? the FDA had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the ban on prohormones. that came about from a bill passed by congress and signed by the president that put the products under DEA control

changing and altering DSHEA? nothing personal but you really don't know exactly what you are talking about here. I don't think you have ever really looked deeply at the exact course of events involved in all this stuff

Yep you are right about that. I really haven't looked into it much and don't know much about it. I have what could be called a "general idea" at best. From reading things online I just get the idea that a lot of government agencies keep trying to regulate supplements. Really though I don't have much of a clue about this subject. Just what I learn online. I never really looked that far into it.