pwo carb options

21inchguns

Awards
For pwo , I am using CFM whey protein Isolate form protein factory because they are the only place that sells bulk CFM. What is the best pwo carb for replacing glycogen and transporting creatine mono? I see alot of dextrose/malodextrin combo's and alot of people swear by waxy maize. Is there really a difference you feel using waxy maize compared to dextrose/malodextrin or is it just hype?

p.s. please don't say something like just use oats. I am talking about a serious pwo carb combo. I am looking at 75 g pwo +creatine.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We recommend a 50/50 blend of dextrose and SuperCarb.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Why are oats not serious?

21inchguns

Awards
because they are low glycemic carbs and do nothing to transport creatine/bcaa's and that is what I am looking for. That is why I said DO NOT say oats lol. I am looking for something to spike insulin levels, transport creatine into muscles, and replenish glycogen the fastest and most effiecient way possible.

Big_Tom(tk)

Big_Tom(tk)

Awards
  • Established
Maybe try WMS? Ive been using it for about 2 weeks now and can tell very definite differences from the normal whey/oats post WO. I take around 76g of WMS mixed with purple wraath immediately post and then 15-30 min later i do the whey n oats.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe try WMS? Ive been using it for about 2 weeks now and can tell very definite differences from the normal whey/oats post WO. I take around 76g of WMS mixed with purple wraath immediately post and then 15-30 min later i do the whey n oats.
Hey big, how long does a 2.2lb tub of WMS last you like that?

andrew78

Awards
aren't the beneficial properties of WMS (ie. qick digestion due to low mol weight) effectively canceled out when mixed with anything else, ie whey?

young_squatter

Board Sponsor
Awards
For pwo , I am using CFM whey protein Isolate form protein factory because they are the only place that sells bulk CFM. What is the best pwo carb for replacing glycogen and transporting creatine mono? I see alot of dextrose/malodextrin combo's and alot of people swear by waxy maize. Is there really a difference you feel using waxy maize compared to dextrose/malodextrin or is it just hype?

p.s. please don't say something like just use oats. I am talking about a serious pwo carb combo. I am looking at 75 g pwo +creatine.
I personally prefer waxy maize as my carb source immediately post workout.

dalvare1

dalvare1

Awards
The best source of carbs PWO is a blend of Maltodextrin and Crystalline fructose. Coincidentally these are the carbs in IForce's Ipower.

Maltodextrin has the unique ability to shoot through your system to directly replenish muscle glycogen stores, and the crystalline fructose will replenish liver glycogen. This covers both bases of your bodies glycogen stores so you can go from catabolic to anabolic as fast as physically possible.

WMS is a good option, if you are using insulin. Aside from that, its effects are limited.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just take a whey shake + 50g carbs - Whole Wheat Bagel

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
If you get waxy maize starch get it from True Protien. I made my own mix and got three lbs. for what one lb of premixed would cost. their protein is tasty also.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
because they are low glycemic carbs and do nothing to transport creatine/bcaa's and that is what I am looking for. That is why I said DO NOT say oats lol. I am looking for something to spike insulin levels, transport creatine into muscles, and replenish glycogen the fastest and most effiecient way possible.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/13539-cranberry-juice-pw.html

read the studies cited by bobo in that thread

Also, if you decide to try it, Nutraplanet is selling WMS in 3.3lb sizes for like $13

21inchguns

Awards
The best source of carbs PWO is a blend of Maltodextrin and Crystalline fructose. Coincidentally these are the carbs in IForce's Ipower.

Maltodextrin has the unique ability to shoot through your system to directly replenish muscle glycogen stores, and the crystalline fructose will replenish liver glycogen. This covers both bases of your bodies glycogen stores so you can go from catabolic to anabolic as fast as physically possible.

WMS is a good option, if you are using insulin. Aside from that, its effects are limited.
From what I hear/see the waxy maize/vitargo certainly does replenish glycogen. I don't get how if it doesn't spike insulin, how does it transport all the nutrients like creatine and bcaa's into the blood?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
louis19 Supplements 109
Johnston Supplements 101
Whacked Supplements 9
Nutrition / Health 1
andrewT Nutrition / Health 8