Whic Charles Poliquin's book explain hormone manipulation through supplementation ?

1. New Member
    Answers

Whic Charles Poliquin's book explain hormone manipulation through supplementation ?

I've been looking at the Biosignature modulation program, but would like to know from those who already own Charles Poliquin's books, whether this is something which I can learn about in one or a few of the books he offers on his Website ?

Poliquin Performance Center

One book I've been considering is : Poliquin Performance Center

However I do not know whether it contains what i want to know about, and given the steep price, I first need to know.

This is taken from Charles' website, and this is what i wish to learn about :

Module 1 - Learning the sites and what they mean This portion discusses the 12 Biosignature sites and what they mean; normative data for females and males; Intake form and Biological signature; Functional medicine tests; Questionnaires

Module 2 - Modulating the Thyroid site This section discusses normative data; nutrients that modulate thyroid hormone physiology, posology and contra-indications; botanicals that modulate thyroid hormone physiology, posology and contra-indications; Mechanisms responsible for the under-conversion of thyroid hormone; eliminating thyroid hormone disruptors

Module 3 - Modulation the Growth Hormone sites This module examines the following: normative data; nutrients that increase growth hormone physiology, posology and contra-indications; botanicals that increase growth hormone physiology, posology and contra-indications; factors interfering with the release of growth hormone; liver health and growth hormone; restoring pituitary gland health; training protocols and loading parameters to increase growth hormone.

Module 4 - Modulating the Androgens sites this module discusses: normative data; nutrients that increase androgens physiology, posology and contra-indications; botanicals that increase androgens physiology, posology and contra-indications; inhibiting factors and androgens; prevention of aromatization of testosterone into estrogens.

Module 5 - Modulating the Insulin sites this module examines normative data; mechanisms responsible for the syndrome X; nutrients that modulate insulin response physiology, posology and contra-indications; botanicals that modulate insulin response physiology, posology and contra-indications; Training protocols to improve insulin sensitivity.

Module 6 - Sleep and body composition This module provides insight into the role of sleep in hormonal regulation; dealing with the patient that can fall asleep but cannot remain asleep; dealing with the patient who cannot fall asleep; dealing with the patient with low morning energy because of poor sleep.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Honestly, I can answer this one pretty easily- I know Preston Greene- he is the head strength coach at UNCC and I do the majority of my training over there- Preston was one of C.P.'s best students.

One of my best friends and my training partner coaches the long jump and triple jump @ UNCC, and has learned many of C.P.'s techniques through working with Preston, and has passed a lot of them on to me......C.P.'s training techniques and supplementation recommendations have not only taken my training to the next level strength-wise, but also athletically as well- his techniques carry over phenomenally to functional strength.

Long story short- GET THIS BOOK- you will be glad you did!!

PS This is coming from someone who has no vested interest in this product- I have just seen what C.P. techniques can do for athletes first-hand- UNCC has some of the strongest athletes in track and field!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

3. O.G. Appnut
    Answers

Well heck, I might have to get the darn book!
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)

•   

4. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Honestly, I can answer this one pretty easily- I know Preston Greene- he is the head strength coach at UNCC and I do the majority of my training over there- Preston was one of C.P.'s best students.

One of my best friends and my training partner coaches the long jump and triple jump @ UNCC, and has learned many of C.P.'s techniques through working with Preston, and has passed a lot of them on to me......C.P.'s training techniques and supplementation recommendations have not only taken my training to the next level strength-wise, but also athletically as well- his techniques carry over phenomenally to functional strength.

Long story short- GET THIS BOOK- you will be glad you did!!

PS This is coming from someone who has no vested interest in this product- I have just seen what C.P. techniques can do for athletes first-hand- UNCC has some of the strongest athletes in track and field!!
    However I do not know if those different modules listed above are part of the book I also listed. Stated otherwise, the 5 or 6 modules listed above are not from a book quote, they're from Charles Biosignature seminars outline.

I've emailed him and his staff but nobody replies.

5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chipdouglas View Post
    However I do not know if those different modules listed above are part of the book I also listed. Stated otherwise, the 5 or 6 modules listed above are not from a book quote, they're from Charles Biosignature seminars outline.

I can ask Preston- I will probably see him tomorrow...
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

6. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    I can ask Preston- I will probably see him tomorrow...

Geez, that'd be kind of you to ask him about that, really. What I want the book/manual to contain is *exactly* what I copied /pasted initially.

If this manual despite the high price contains the information on biosignature and how to manipulate : GH, insulin, testosterone/estrogen as well as cortisol, you can rest assured I'll get it pronto

These are the book I'm looking at, but before shelling out money, I need to know if they discuss at lenght the things aforementioned :

Poliquin Performance Center

If those do not discuss what I'm after, then maybe other CP's books do, but I have no clue which one(s).

Many thanks in advance for your favor, i appreciate it.

Marc

7. Advanced Member
    Answers

Poliquin's suggestion of 45 fish oil caps per day is something worth considering when evaluating the validity of his recommendations.

Poliquin or not.... physical appearance is not worth neurodegeneration.

AA and DHA are the most vulnerable targets for free radical-catalyzed lipid peroxidation. Docosanoids/neuroprostanes, are oxidation products of DHA. The compounds 4-hydroxy-2-hexenal/neuroketals, remain esterified to phospholipids, significantly inhibit proteasome, and are highly cytotoxic. This oxidative damage can lead to docosanoid-induced neurodegeneration, and is associated with neurodegenerative disease.

Fatty Acid Oxidation in the Pathogenesis of Alzheimer's Disease -- Montine and Morrow 166 (5): 1283 -- American Journal of Pathology

Formation of Highly Reactive gamma -Ketoaldehydes (Neuroketals) as Products of the Neuroprostane Pathway -- Bernoud-Hubac et al. 276 (33): 30964 -- Journal of Biological Chemistry

Fatty Acid Oxidation in the Pathogenesis of Alzheimer's Disease -- Montine and Morrow 166 (5): 1283 -- American Journal of Pathology

8. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chipdouglas View Post
    To me, that's always a red flag. No matter how good a product appears to be, if there is no one in the company eager to discuss the product with you before they have your money, things don't usually improve once they have your money. I'd hold out on the order until you are satisfied that you are going to receive what you expect.

9. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone2 View Post
    To me, that's always a red flag. No matter how good a product appears to be, if there is no one in the company eager to discuss the product with you before they have your money, things don't usually improve once they have your money. I'd hold out on the order until you are satisfied that you are going to receive what you expect.
    I must admit that it doesn't look good--I mean it's a red flag to me too......the same thing that crossed your mind crosssed mine. The fax doesn't work, and I tried all email addresses to no avail. Weird, unless all staff follows Charles on his trips and seminars.

10. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NO HYPE View Post
    Poliquin's suggestion of 45 fish oil caps per day is something worth considering when evaluating the validity of his recommendations.

Poliquin or not.... physical appearance is not worth neurodegeneration.

AA and DHA are the most vulnerable targets for free radical-catalyzed lipid peroxidation. Docosanoids/neuroprostanes, are oxidation products of DHA. The compounds 4-hydroxy-2-hexenal/neuroketals, remain esterified to phospholipids, significantly inhibit proteasome, and are highly cytotoxic. This oxidative damage can lead to docosanoid-induced neurodegeneration, and is associated with neurodegenerative disease.

Formation of Highly Reactive gamma -Ketoaldehydes (Neuroketals) as Products of the Neuroprostane Pathway -- Bernoud-Hubac et al. 276 (33): 30964 -- Journal of Biological Chemistry

45 gel caps/day ?!! I'd seen this, but thought it was a misprint--looks like it's not then. It's way too much fish oil--I'd fear overthinning the blood at first. No doubt it's way too high a dose of fish oil. There's no way I'm doing that much fish oil.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gr-Easy EJL's fish oil megadosing ala Charles Poliquin thread
    By EasyEJL in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 513
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 06:51 AM
  2. HELP! German Volume Training as introduce by Charles Poliquin?
    By AndreAnabolic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 06:41 AM
  3. Reference book on hormones?
    By de49152 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 08:38 PM
  4. Charles Poliquin
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 09:26 PM
  5. Is "The Poliquin Principles" Book Really Worth The Price?
    By Kaliman in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 08:44 PM