is ephedra illegal??

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
i have searched the boards and havent gotten a real answer as to the legality of it nowadays (may 1 2007)

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
No, you can pick up Ephedrine HCL for like 6 bucks a box at any pharmacy.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if it's legal to sell in weight loss sups, but it's sold for asthma treatment and decongestion OTC. Check out Bronkaid, I get it at rite-aid 24 caps 25mg each for 5.99

cubbyiguana

cubbyiguana

Awards
primatine tablets 6 bucks at any drug store

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Primatene is usually a little cheaper than Bronkaid, but it's only 12.5 mg Eph. HCl per pill. Bronkaid is 25mg Eph. Sulfate per pill. The only difference in the HCl vs the sulfate is the shelf life. HCl is something like 48-54 months to where the sulfate is only 36 months. I would have to say that the Bronkaid (made by Bayer) is the best deal for your asthma needs ;)

Last edited:
supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I either love you guys for this info, or hate you for the possibility of turning me into an ephedrine junky again. :smite:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's great, but I only use it when I need to study for extended periods of time...all that biology makes me short of breath and wheezy :ntome:

p951

p951

Awards
You can find it, like anything else. I wouldn't use it though as it stresses the heart extremely. Even most brand name stimulant products present a heavy load on one's heart muscle. Better to focus on a good diet and some cardio with minor stimulation from stimulants, than to call 911 with a blue face

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
arnt all those brands laced with [gueifistane]spelling?---a muscle relaxant?---not good for workout

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Ephedrine and ephedra are two different things. Ephedrine is the synthetic version and ephedra is the herbal version. I can't speak about the legality of ephedra because I haven't looked into it but I know you can buy ephedrine legally (it's a bit of a pain in the a$$ because of the paperwork required but it's not too bad).

Dagron

Dagron

Awards
No Guafa-whatsit present here, which, from my experience, is a rarity... thanks for the link, I'll be purchasing there from now on ;)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Primatene is usually a little cheaper than Bronkaid, but it's only 12.5 mg Eph. HCL per pill. Bronkaid is 25mg Eph. Sulfate per pill. The only difference in the HCL vs the sulfate is the shelf life. HCL is something like 48-54 months to where the sulfate is only 36 months. I would have to say that the Bronkaid (made by Bayer) is the best deal for your asthma needs ;)
You're missing another important difference, that being you get less alkaloid per mg when you change the salts from chloride to sulfate.

25mg Ephedrine SO4 is about 96 micromoles
12.5mg Ephedrine HCl is about 63 micromoles

:think:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Some online retailers still have products such as E&G Labs Tri Methy Lean available...... not a bad product, but only 10 mg Ephedra Alkaloids per capsule.
Now, a man with balls would just go straight to the veterinary pharmacies and get some 1r, 2s norephedrine............

charger71

Awards
  • Established
you can still buy lipodrene w/ephedra at lots of online shops...

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
you can still buy lipodrene w/ephedra at lots of online shops...
Lipodrene uses Sida Cordifolia, as opposed to the more popular Ma Huang. I believe the alkaloid profile of Sida is not as efficient as a fatburner.......

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me pull something out of my arse...

You're missing another important difference, that being you get less alkaloid per mg when you change the salts from chloride to sulfate.

Damn you and your chemical engineering! LOL...
Yeah, but they both come in packs of 24 (not sure if the primatene tabs are easily split in half though as a one and a half pills would be the equivalent μmoles to one bronkaid).

$5.00 for 24 tabs of HCl ~ 1510 micromoles total ~300 μmole/$
$6.20 for 24 tabs of SO4 ~ 2300 micromoles total~370 μmole/$

So yeah, you do only get about 75% of the alkaloids per mg, but the Bronkaid's higher doesage makes up for it, right?...micromoles, lol, it just dawned on me how small of a unit we're talking about.

EDIT: So this means that 25mg of Eph SO4 ~ 19mg of Eph HCl.

Last edited:
festus

festus

Awards

As a personal testimony, I don't "feel" the sulfate version as much as the HCl version when I take equal amounts of each.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a personal testimony, I don't "feel" the sulfate version as much as the HCl version when I take equal amounts of each.
You shouldn't, you're getting ~1/3 less ephedrine.

.....And for the record, 10mg of free-based ephedrine is about 61 micromoles.

Primatene also comes in 60 packs for $8.99, so that's 420 μmole/$ (and that's based off your above figures, stxnas).

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1 micromole is 602200000000000000 molecules. What's your definition of small? :D

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Primatene also comes in 60 packs for $8.99, so that's 420 μmole/$ (and that's based off your above figures, stxnas).
Heh...not sure if it's due to FL law, but I have not seen anything larger than the 24 packs here (I know pseudoephedrine can't be sold more than 3.6g at a time).

1 micromole is 602200000000000000 molecules. What's your definition of small? :D
:box: Now you're just trying to confuse me!
LOL, you know what I meant...a μmole is only 1/1,000,000 of a mole. ANYWAY...can you get those 60 packs at pharmacies or is it online.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Ephedrine was made illegal to market as a supplement, but then an article popped up around here stating that a federal judge overturned the ban saying that the FDA needed to prove that it was harmful not just state it was. That was about a year ago, maybe. Haven't kept up on it, I've been an ephedra junkie, not going back......

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i have searched the boards and havent gotten a real answer as to the legality of it nowadays (may 1 2007)
ephidrine is illegal to market and sell in a weightloss product however there are over the counter asthma meds that have it relatively cheat at any pharmacy.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't know I've quit my stim use due to adrenal fatigue. I was tired even with them so its time to back off it for awhile. So maybe you can? I just did a quick websearch because my old gym had two weight loss stims specifically for weight loss not even 5 months ago.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok so if i want good old mega pro vasopro im going to have to fax a copy of my id to one of those sites that still sell it?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just go to your local pharmacy. CVS, Walgreens, etc...it's about half price for Bronkaid or Primatene and it's the same thing as Vasopro...well, Primatene is the same thing...refer back to thesinner's & my posts earlier in the thread for the differences with Bronkaid.

Last edited:
ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
I either love you guys for this info, or hate you for the possibility of turning me into an ephedrine junky again. :smite:
lol when i was reading this thread i said the same thing. i may search for a product with E already in it for my next cutting cycle but its good to know that i can go right down the road and pick me up a 24pack of ephedrine from rite-aid if i need it ... i never cared to look for that kinda stuff when i was in there. :dance:

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just go to your local pharmacy. CVS, Walgreens, etc...it's about half price for Bronkaid or Primatene and it's the same thing as Vasopro...well, Primatene is the same thing...refer back to thesinner's & my posts earlier in the thread for the differences with Bronkaid.
ok. if you say its the same ill get some tomorrow. the Prima is the better of the two?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Read page one of the thread. Thesinner and I go back and forth about the two types of ephedrine available: SO4 vs HCl (Bronkaid vs Primatene). "Better" is a relative/subjective term. You'll see what I mean after reading the first page.

Last edited:
Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Read page one of the thread. Thesinner and I go back and forth about the two types of ephedrine available: SO4 vs HCL (Bronkaid vs Primatene). "Better" is a relative/subjective term. You'll see what I mean after reading the first page.
i read it. im kinda deedeedee when it comes to that stuff but if you say prima is just like vasopro thats good enough for me.
thanks

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
just some random thoughts on some reasearch Ive been doing on --clen ,ephedra, and methylhexaneamine[AMP]---Ive read about how clen can cause "cell death"in the heart and how long term use of amphetamines[e/c] can do the same [plus a bunch of other bad things]Now it seems to be a matter of what the motivation of the person [and what there trying to sell] If ephedra and AMP are safe --long term--short term ? it seems that because ephedra is not man made [natural] if used reasonably, its more safe ?and who really knows how safe methylhexaneamine[AMP] is? and anyway I also read that they now know that heart muscle can regenerate itsself unlike brain cells

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards

I just bought 5 bottles of "Ripped Power" which is an identical formula of the old Twinlab "ripped fuel" with mahuang. I bought it from a legit website in the U.S. Utah to be exact.

worm

worm

Awards
  • Established
You can also pick up ephedra at almost any truck stop/conveniance store. It is usually behind the counter.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i read it. im kinda deedeedee when it comes to that stuff but if you say prima is just like vasopro thats good enough for me.
thanks
Ha ha, fair enough. Primatene is the same thing, but it's only 12.5mg/pill and Vasopro is 25mg/pill.

...and ephedra is no longer legally sold as a stimulant or weightloss product. It can only be sold as a bronchiodialator and the product must contain an expecotorant as well.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use it quite often. I bought a bottle of 50 right before they went to the gel caps. Why?

Last edited: