A Few Questions

Shobe

Awards
Hey everyone I just received my order of Cell Mass & Waxy maize Starch in the mail today. I have a few questions about how and when to take them though.

Post workout I currently take just in a whey shake. Now my question is as soon as I'm done lifitng what should I take and how should I take it?

Should I take the Cell Mass and Waxy Maize together then take my protein shake later? Should I take my WMS and protein then my cell mass? What's the most effective way? Thanks.

RTB

Awards
read the directions on the cell mass, it says to take it immediately after workout then wait, i think 30 min, for a shake or meal. not sure about when to add the waxy maize though.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
This is what I would do:

Even though the Cell Mass label says take a serving immediately post-workout on an empty stomach, I would take it before working out on an empty stomach. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cell Mass is basically just a creatine. Oh wait, it also has some glutamine. So even better. The glutamine will help halt muscle catabolism while lifting.

THEN, immediately post-workout take at least 50 g of WMS with some BCAAs(10-15g). Since it doesn't look like you have any, you should get some. Plenty of options there: Xtend, Excell, bulk...

Then, about 30 min after you've had your WMS+BCAA shake have your protein shake. If you add carbs to that protein shake, then stick with some lower GI carbs like ground up oats.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Also, from what I know about WMS...don't mix in alot of other substances other than BCAAs or creatine. And if you do add those things, make sure they make up less than 30% of the overall weight(or is it 30% of the WMS weight...not sure, but follow what I posted above).

So, you might get away with a half/whole scoop of Cell Mass in your WMS. But if you have to make a choice between Cell Mass and BCAAs in your WMS, go with BCAAs.

And whey protein in your WMS is a no-no. It won't hurt you, but it defeats the purpose of the WMS.

Shobe

Awards
And then about 1 hr after taking all of that I have a meal consisiting of solid food, correct?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
And then about 1 hr after taking all of that I have a meal consisiting of solid food, correct?
Yeah, depending on when you feel like you're about to get hungry or are starting to feel hypoglycemic.

I usually eat a meal about 30-45 min after my protein shake just because I start to feel hypo and shaky...not necessarily hungry. You will have to judge and try a few different things until you find what works best for you.

In summary:
Immediately post-workout = WMS+BCAA
30 min post-workout = whey, whey+casein, whey+complex carbs, or whey+casein+complex carbs depending on what you have/want to do
60-90 min post-workout = well balanced meal

If your protein shake is going to have carbs in it, then you can push the solid meal back a little bit. Sounds like you've got it tho!

young_squatter

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey everyone I just received my order of Cell Mass & Waxy maize Starch in the mail today. I have a few questions about how and when to take them though.

Post workout I currently take just in a whey shake. Now my question is as soon as I'm done lifitng what should I take and how should I take it?

Should I take the Cell Mass and Waxy Maize together then take my protein shake later? Should I take my WMS and protein then my cell mass? What's the most effective way? Thanks.
Take cell mass as directed and mix the waxy maize with your protein and take it post workout.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Take cell mass as directed and mix the waxy maize with your protein and take it post workout.
Why? Cell Mass is basically creatine, which can be taken at any time of the day. Plus, the glutamine in it will help protect you from losing muscle if taken beforehand. If you're going to have protein after as well, you're already going to have that base covered.

And if you're going to take the waxy maize WITH protein and RIGHT AFTER Cell Mass, why even get the waxy maize? You might as well get some other type of carb...

I guess I've never used Cell Mass before but based on the ingredients, that's how I'd go.