co Q-10..Idebenone...

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know idebenone is supposed to be a safer version of co q 10,does anyone care to shed some light on the subject.....i take 150 mg co q,a day and would like to think idebenone could do me better...:wave:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I know idebenone is supposed to be a safer version of co q 10,does anyone care to shed some light on the subject.....i take 150 mg co q,a day and would like to think idebenone could do me better...:wave:
Under certain conditions, CoQ10 can become pro-oxidant.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Under certain conditions, CoQ10 can become pro-oxidant.
yea thats what i read too,so idebenone doesn't become pro-oxidant then right.....and if you use r-ala(in whatever form) they recycle eachother,making bioavalibility that much greater.... that study was with coQ tho...

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
yea thats what i read too,so idebenone doesn't become pro-oxidant then right.....and if you use r-ala(in whatever form) they recycle eachother,making bioavalibility that much greater.... that study was with coQ tho...
I have been taking Idebenone for about 3 years. It is very user friendly! in addition to its anti oxidant properties, it is somewhat of a neuro-enhancer, really clears my thoughts.

I believe its mechanism is such that, it has a built in safety feature where no matter how much you take(50-150mgs for me ED), your body can only utilize your "individual" optimum amount. The blood just dumps the rest through the renal system, no toxic build up!

and the best part is its,... orange!!!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
This might be a tad helpful:

Idebenone is an analog of the very popular CoQ10. In most respects, Idebenone shares its traits with Coenzyme Q10 and like Coenzyme Q10 is might be useful for aging. It differs from it in some important ways, which may make it more useful. Under certain circumstances, Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) may become a pro-oxidant. These circumstances are conditions in which hypoxia or lack of oxygen occurs.

In cases of shock, heart attack, stroke, or poor circulation, CoQ10 auto-oxidizes and unleashes massive amounts of various free radicals that damage delicate tissues and because CoQ10 is necessary for electron transport and ATP (chemical energy) production, cellular death may ensue. Idebenone, on the other hand, suppresses free radicals and continues ATP production in hypoxic situations. This may make it a useful supplement for individuals at risk for those conditions.

Other important traits of Idebenone not shared by CoQ10 include the ability to raise the brain's serotonin levels like the SSRI antidepressants (Prozac) and it also increases the brain levels of nerve growth factor. Another trait is to protect the myelin sheath from damage as well as the mitochondria that has important implications in Multiple Sclerosis.
The ability to enhance serotonin production occurs even under less than optimal conditions such as those whose diet contains little L-Tryptophan.

Naturally, nerve growth is a desired result in many conditions. In Alzheimer's Disease, for example, several studies show dose dependent improvements when compared to placebo as measured by different tests when taking Idebenone. An abstract said, "Treatment with idebenone was found effective on memory, attention, and orientation and in slowing down the natural progressive worsening of the disease."

The following conditions may benefit from Idebenone: Brain enhancement as a nootropic, stroke, Alzheimer's, dementia, surgical candidates, cardiovascular, MS, other demyelination conditions, aging, depression, Friedreich's Ataxia, and liver problems.7

300Fan

Awards
are u guys taking idebenone pills or using bulk powder?

I have the bulk powder (orange) and i swear the stuff is "static" as its like a foam material or something?!?! hha

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established

I have the bulk powder (orange) and i swear the stuff is "static" as its like a foam material or something?!?! hha
I was going to take it in the cycle support. Not sure what I will take it in after I run out of CoQ-10.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established

Take cycle support man, it not only has idebenone, but many many others. Def. all you will need for health support for ON-cycle and PCT.

300Fan

Awards
Take cycle support man, it not only has idebenone, but many many others. Def. all you will need for health support for ON-cycle and post cycle therapy.
Iam taking cycle support but, the statement i made about Idebenone was when I was taking it a few months ago.