Which would you choose....purple wraath or excell?

jrob24

Awards
I'm debating which one to get, what do you guys that have taken them before think?

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established
Between those two... I would get Purple Wraath.

But if I may add a third that I highly suggest, it would be XTEND.

Here's the ingredients list:
L-Leucine: 3.5 g
L-Glutamine: 2.5 g
L-Isoleucine: 1.75 g
L-Valine: 1.75 g
Citrulline Malate: 1 g

I'm a fan of citrulline malate (cm) and it's ability to clean out free radicals from the body :D Though 1g doesn't make too much of a difference, added 3-5 more grams of cm to Xtend makes it awesome. Not to mention cm is a NO pre-cursor.

But yes, Xtend also has same amount of servings at about the same price. I'm not a scivation rep, but I just like Xtend :)

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
I have xtend and PW v3 right here, there's no beta alanine in xtend plus the new PW does taste better, honest :)

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Well they are sort of different. Purple wrath is an EAA and Excell is a BCAA. As far as Excell vs Xtend, your getting 10 more servings with Excell at a cheaper price.

Obviously I'd go with Excell, but I have nothing but good things to say about the other products here. You can't loose :)

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
i'm sure excell tastes better then xtend too? :)

Well they are sort of different. Purple wrath is an EAA and Excell is a BCAA. As far as Excell vs Xtend, your getting 10 more servings with Excell at a cheaper price.

Obviously I'd go with Excell, but I have nothing but good things to say about the other products here. You can't loose :)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I'm a big fan of Xtend as well, but I might try the new version of PW, although, I didn't mind the flavor of the old PW, but not as tasty as Xtend....And I just might give Excell a run too. Just no reason why to give up my Xtend right at this time...

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's the suggested flavors for Excell?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Well they are sort of different. Purple wrath is an EAA and Excell is a BCAA. :)
would stacking Excell and Purple Wraath be a good combo?

i would think a product that contained both EAAs + BCAAs would be popular. throw in some BA and some CM and you have a monster.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
hmm i can try mixing my grape xtend with PW ;)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
would stacking Excell and Purple Wraath be a good combo?

i would think a product that contained both EAAs + BCAAs would be popular. throw in some BA and some CM and you have a monster.
You can. I shoot for 30-40g BCAA's total for pre-peri-post WO.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
actually, in looking at the ingredient profile of Purple Wraath and Excell

it appears that PW contains the same BCAAs that Excell does L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine. - it's just missing the Taurine.

but Purple Wraath has much more than just BCAAs.

i say - stick w/Excell if you are only wanting to add BCAAs
- go with purple wraath if you want a more complete product
- or combine the two for an awesome mix

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
actually, in looking at the ingredient profile of Purple Wraath and Excell

it appears that PW contains the same BCAAs that Excell does L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine. - it's just missing the Taurine.

but Purple Wraath has much more than just BCAAs.

i say - stick w/Excell if you are only wanting to add BCAAs
- go with purple wraath if you want a more complete product
- or combine the two for an awesome mix
Yeah, although there wouldnt be any problems in mixing the two, I'm not sure it makes economic sense.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
beta alanine, i just took a scoop of pw, i'm tingling as i type ;)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
BN?

As far as the CM, we use to have it in there, but removed it and added the taurine to give people more of a choice.
Well, I finally thought I found a reason to try something other than Xtend, but now I can't order Excell...

I am getting ready to do a Clen cycle, and need to bump up the Taurine, so I figured this would be a good chance to try Excell, but I can't seem to order it from NP????

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Well, I finally thought I found a reason to try something other than Xtend, but now I can't order Excell...

I am getting ready to do a Clen cycle, and need to bump up the Taurine, so I figured this would be a good chance to try Excell, but I can't seem to order it from NP????
Hmmm....I know that an order just recently went out so NP should have it available any day now.

powerhouse21

Awards
  • Established
never tried PW but i think the taste of excell would be hard to beat.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never tried PW but i think the taste of excell would be hard to beat.
I have tried both the EXCELL and XTEND and must say that the EXCELL mixes way better...as far as taste goes, I have only tried the mango and it was a bit weak for my liking...I preferred the watermelon XTEND for taste...but that's just me...will probably try a different flavor of EXCELL next time.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've tried XTEND, MRM BCAA+G, and I am finishing up my tub of PW (version one :() now. Excell is my next amino acid product and I will let you all know my thoughts :thumbsup:

charger71

Awards
  • Established
oh god, purple wraath is great but the taste is horrible! if the new one tastes like candy then hands down i would go for that.