pwo supplements help PLEASE

21inchguns

Awards
I was thinking of using dextrose/malodextrin. Is this as good as waxy maze for recovery and glycogen recovery? It is the primary ingredient in myozene which is gettin great reviews. Will mixing whey and creatine together with 100 g of destrose/malodextrin get absorbed or is it better to take creatine with the carbs and whey seperate? I am asking because I see alot of people have waxy maize and creatine seperate, then a whey shake 30 minutes later.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of using dextrose/malodextrin. Is this as good as waxy maze for recovery and glycogen recovery? It is the primary ingredient in myozene which is gettin great reviews. Will mixing whey and creatine together with 100 g of destrose/malodextrin get absorbed or is it better to take creatine with the carbs and whey seperate? I am asking because I see alot of people have waxy maize and creatine seperate, then a whey shake 30 minutes later.
What kind of training are you doing?

Resistance training is not glycogen depleting. Endurance training is. As long as your getting good nutrition throughout the day all you will accomplish by saturating your body with sugar is an insulin spike. Glut4 will be activated by the training, priming your body to receive nutrients. A moderate amount of a complex carb will do the trick here without the unnecessary and unhealthy spike in insulin. IMO

But of course, the debate rages on. :)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I do my cardio Post workout, so my situation differes from BP --- I just toss two handfuls of oats into my whey shake and down that followed my some gatorade, or vice versa. You can get away spending not much money on PWO supps, which I would advise.