Waxy maze vs. vitargo?

21inchguns

Awards
What is the real difference between waxy maze starch by True protein and vitargo by professional supplements? It seems they are essentially the exact same thing but the vitargo is patented and much more exspensive

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What is the real difference between waxy maze starch by True protein and vitargo by professional supplements? It seems they are essentially the exact same thing but the vitargo is patented and much more exspensive
I don't think there is a difference like you said. Its just the price and shiney label that Vitargo has. Now that waxy maize is more popular its sold for a lot less and Vitargo has been out for a very long time, so the reason the price is so high is maybe because they were the only supplier that the general public knew about up until its recently popularity increase.

21inchguns

Awards
I don't think there is a difference like you said. Its just the price and shiney label that Vitargo has. Now that waxy maize is more popular its sold for a lot less and Vitargo has been out for a very long time, so the reason the price is so high is maybe because they were the only supplier that the general public knew about up until its recently popularity increase.
I was thinking the same thing but I have read vitargo is patented so how could it be the same? Also I read the producers of bulk waxy maize are generalizing all waxy maize and it is not produced to support a bodybuilder.

T

Timyg

Awards
I was thinking the same thing but I have read vitargo is patented so how could it be the same? Also I read the producers of bulk waxy maize are generalizing all waxy maize and it is not produced to support a bodybuilder.
Ive had them both, i can tell you that molecular wieght of pure vitargo is a lot more, 4.5lbs of vitargo is the same amount of powder as 2.5lbs of waximaze. There is not a big difference, however i can definatly feel pure vitargo rush into my system faster and heavier than waximaze. I would say waximaze is better than just a carb powder but not really as effective as vitargo. but if you dont want to spend money on vitargo at least go with waximaze.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ive had them both, i can tell you that molecular wieght of pure vitargo is a lot more, 4.5lbs of vitargo is the same amount of powder as 2.5lbs of waximaze. There is not a big difference, however i can definatly feel pure vitargo rush into my system faster and heavier than waximaze. I would say waximaze is better than just a carb powder but not really as effective as vitargo. but if you dont want to spend money on vitargo at least go with waximaze.

They are both the same. It really isn't worth it to purchase it anyway, its only use is a carb source that dosen't cause digestive issues. If you do purchase just get some bulk, because its not any different than Vitargo except it has a pretty orange label and costs a lot more!.

T

Timyg

Awards
They are both the same. It really isn't worth it to purchase it anyway, its only use is a carb source that dosen't cause digestive issues. If you do purchase just get some bulk, because its not any different than Vitargo except it has a pretty orange label and costs a lot more!.

They both contain waxy, your right, but vitargo is not pure waximaze like others are. pure vitargo contains another compound making it heavier and better absorbed, the grade of waxi is also different both products allowing different absorbtion and different matabolizing effect of each.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
They both contain waxy, your right, but vitargo is not pure waximaze like others are. pure vitargo contains another compound making it heavier and better absorbed, the grade of waxi is also different both products allowing different absorbtion and different matabolizing effect of each.

How does this make it any better? Also what is the other compound that it contains??
Ingredients: Vitargo (patented carbohydrate from Swedish waxy maze starch), natural and artificial flavors, citric acid, sodium citrate, sucralose, acesulfame K, Red #40.

How can you say it is "better absorbed"?. What do you mean by "better"?. I'm sure both will be absorbed. Also different metabolizing effects?. Please!!. They are both the same and thats that. Neither is "better" than the other, and they are both not going to help you recover any faster. Its not worth using this product if you have no problem digesting regular carbs. Otherwise they are both a waste of money.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

How does this make it any better? Also what is the other compound that it contains??
Ingredients: Vitargo (patented carbohydrate from Swedish waxy maze starch), natural and artificial flavors, citric acid, sodium citrate, sucralose, acesulfame K, Red #40.

How can you say it is "better absorbed"?. What do you mean by "better"?. I'm sure both will be absorbed. Also different metabolizing effects?. Please!!. They are both the same and thats that. Neither is "better" than the other, and they are both not going to help you recover any faster. Its not worth using this product if you have no problem digesting regular carbs. Otherwise they are both a waste of money.

Here is a link you might enjoy,

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/56805-waxy-maize-starch.html

T

Timyg

Awards

Here is a link you might enjoy,

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/56805-waxy-maize-starch.html
You might enjoy reading up on labeling laws and different purities of waximaze or any compound for that matter. I work with over a 160 vendors, and i have had companies tell me (even one that is putting a new waximaze product out this month) that they could not afford the cost of the raw material that pure vitargo is using in there products. I have had multiple bottles of both products, even though waximaze may be cheaper, if you try both you will agree that pure vitargo is a heavier, faster absorbing energy source that will provide more energy after matablized into your system. despite the main ingredient being similar it is not the same grade or weight. Not saying it is not effective. it is just not as effective. You might find a similar result by taking more of waximaze compared to vitargo, you might think "sweedish" part of the listing is b.s. but it just another way of saying the purity of the product is different (better) than say ids waximaze (not as pure, definatly not as heavy) its accually kind of chalky, real light.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
50Magnum Supplements 9
S Anabolics 7
Ziyo Supplements 11
jimmbow Supplements 16
djbombsquad Supplements 27