WHat is bets whey protein Isolate

21inchguns

Awards
WHat is the best whey protein Isolate available on the market? Stuck between AST VP-2, Ergopharm GF_Pro, and COlf filtration from True protein.com

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use the work out maxizer because I recover a lot quicker than when I used vp2 or isopure.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
if u can find it. american sports nutrition 100% whey is the best out there. and trust me i have tried many of them and the second in my oppinion is Nectar

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
if u can find it. american sports nutrition 100% whey is the best out there. and trust me i have tried many of them and the second in my oppinion is Nectar
Have you tried the work out maxmizer? I find it even better than american sports nutrition 100% whey by far.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of Anabolic Innovation's PB Banana flavored WPI.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

That is what I used. Look at the amino acid profile one scopp of protein(25 G) has
Leucine 2,825 mgs might as well say 3
Isoluecine 1,975 mgs 2
Valine 1,850 mgs 2

also the other amino acids are high.

How many protein powders how this amino acid profile? I havnt found one.

Anabolic Innov is about the same as this. Ive heard Giant Nutrition has a high but never seen there AA Profile.

True Protein probally has some good stuff. Havnt saw the amino acid profile on there stuff. This is what really matters the Amino Acid profile.

21inchguns

Awards
That is what I used. Look at the amino acid profile one scopp of protein(25 G) has
Isoluecine 1,975 mgs 2
Valine 1,850 mgs 2

Anabolic Innov is about the same as this. Ive heard Giant Nutrition has a high but never seen there AA Profile.

True Protein probally has some good stuff. Havnt saw the amino acid profile on there stuff. This is what really matters the Amino Acid profile.
Yes True protein has the best profile to be honest from what I see.... It also has the highest protein by percentage. 27 g of protein per 30 gram scoop.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any one try the work out maxizer besides Danny and I.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whats the work out maxizer something from Shaklee?

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isoluecine 1,975 mgs 2
Valine 1,850 mgs 2

Why are you so into the AA profiles? Just curious.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why are you so into the AA profiles? Just curious.
Amino acids are the tools that builds muscle. The higher the AA profile in one serving the more bang you get for your muscle, along with the other benifits. Does that make sense ?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Amino acids are the tools that builds muscle. The higher the AA profile in one serving the more bang you get for your muscle, along with the other benifits. Does that make sense ?
Makes perfect sense :) However, these are bound amino acids so their bioavailability will not be as significant as that of our free-form supplemented AA's. So I wouldn't go as far as sacrificing other components of a protein powder for the mere amino acid profile.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Makes perfect sense :) However, these are bound amino acids so their bioavailability will not be as significant as that of our free-form supplemented AA's. So I wouldn't go as far as sacrificing other components of a protein powder for the mere amino acid profile.

Dave, You sound very intellectual

Either Im ignorant in this area or just am not getting what your saying. Ill rephase then you interpret.

So in other words are you saying that your free form supplemented AA's, Like the Amino acid Leucine,by itself, for example, shouldn't be sacrificed for the best AA protein powder?

If this isnt what you are sayign can you describe in simplier terms what is is your trying to get across. Sorry for any misunderstandings bud

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
True Proties Cold Filtration is top notch. Flavor mixes PERFECTLY in them. Probably THE best I have had to date... and easily customized to your tastes, and needs.

Adams

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dave, You sound very intellectual

Either Im ignorant in this area or just am not getting what your saying. Ill rephase then you interpret.

So in other words are you saying that your free form supplemented AA's, Like the Amino acid Leucine,by itself, for example, shouldn't be sacrificed for the best AA protein powder?

If this isnt what you are sayign can you describe in simplier terms what is is your trying to get across. Sorry for any misunderstandings bud
Well, what are you expecting to benefit from your amino acid supplementation via protein??

I am just more concerned with the bioavailability of these oglio/bi/tri peptides. Some of the longer chains cause the amino acids to be less effective, whereas the free-form amino acids are much more effective and able to be absorbed into the bloodstream.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
GF Pro - Ergopharm
Tastes good (the last thing I really worry about)
and my recovery is excellent while I'm taking it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, what are you expecting to benefit from your amino acid supplementation via protein??

I am just more concerned with the bioavailability of these oglio/bi/tri peptides. Some of the longer chains cause the amino acids to be less effective, whereas the free-form amino acids are much more effective and able to be absorbed into the bloodstream.
To get in the best possible quality.

DJBomb two years ago didnt you study bioavailability of oglio/bi/tri peptides? when we were fine tuning our quest for the best protein powders. do you know anything about this?

I know vp2, which used to take a lot, contain oglio I think.

Anyways Iso-100 works good for me. Im getting results. Might try trueprotein. Heard good reviews

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To get in the best possible quality.

DJBomb two years ago didnt you study bioavailability of oglio/bi/tri peptides? when we were fine tuning our quest for the best protein powders. do you know anything about this?

I know vp2, which used to take a lot, contain oglio I think.

Anyways Iso-100 works good for me. Im getting results. Might try trueprotein. Heard good reviews
So you basically just want your protein to fill your protein requirements to help with protein synthesis?

I wouldn't expect too much from the 'bound' amino acids that these supplements contain. If you want the many benefits of leucine, etc. you are much better off supplementing free-form. Leucine would definitely be my priority if I were you as far as amino acids go.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take in L-leucine powder from NP every postraining session

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Here's a random:
Any companies out there have a protein powder source that ORIGINATES and is fully processed on American soil? No imports. If that's a stupid question, sorry y'all.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take in L-leucine powder from NP every postraining session
Oh ok, you're set then. I wasn't trying to pick you apart or anything, just making sure you aren't expecting too much out of the protein mixes. Amino acids have some insane benefits, but usually from free-form supplementation which you seem to understand ;)

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
Yes True protein has the best profile to be honest from what I see.... It also has the highest protein by percentage. 27 g of protein per 30 gram scoop.
True Dat...I researched it a while and true protein's amino profile the best out there. Didn't look at EVERY whey, but many

I still like AI better for taste and the fact that crowler has ALWAYS taken care of me far beyond anything I deserve.