*THE Beta-Alanine, Carnosine Thread, Brought to you by ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION* - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

*THE Beta-Alanine, Carnosine Thread, Brought to you by ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION*

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. NEW product-IntrAbolic!!

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I took beta alanine (1.5g) before training last week and i can honestly say i've never felt anything like it!

The prickly sensation was almost unbearable (at times) and i have to admit it scared me because i was unaware that it did this.

But getting past that, the energy i had in the gym was unreal. I ploughed through 18 sets comfortably. I felt i could have done the workout once again straight after.

I suppose the tingling is dose related and everybody reacts slightly different to it but if you can live with it, the energy you will have in the gym will make it so worthwhile.

I actually used CNP 'pro-slam' which is a pre workout formula which contains 27g of protein, 1.5 of BA aswel as taurine.
    It usually subsides over time, but if you find it bothersome, don't take it preWO. The most important thing with BA it to take it daily, as it has cummulative effects.

2. New Member

How do you all time and dose Beta-Alanine? I take about 8 grams a day, pre and post workout. I feel like I am either not getting enough or I should spread it out more.

Thoughts?
  3. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

8 grams a day is on the high side, you may be able to use less and still get good results. I usually dose at breakfast, pre-post workout, and later in the day. Currently i am taking 1 with breakfast, on workout days i have my intrabolic(3.2 grams), and 1 gram with dinner or prebed meal. And on off days i just take 4 grams with 2 in the morning and 2 later in the day. Also i try to take my doses with carbs as that increases the effectiveness.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    •   

4. NEW product-IntrAbolic!!

Quote Originally Posted by paulygon View Post
    How do you all time and dose Beta-Alanine? I take about 8 grams a day, pre and post workout. I feel like I am either not getting enough or I should spread it out more.

Thoughts?
    You're certainly getting more than enough and I personally wouldn't bother going over 6g a day, beyond the first 2-4 weeks. After the first month, 4-5g's is plenty and higher dosing wont make a difference, especially when you get into month 2,3 and beyond. The only real advantage to using 6g a day is in the first month, in terms of raising CARN levels faster, but it all even out, once you get in month 2,3 and beyond.

I would split your doses into 2g, 2-3x per day.
  5. New Member

But you would defiantly recommend spreading the doses out? I might go 2-Breakfast, 2-Pre, 2 Post, and perhaps 2 before bed???????
  6. NEW product-IntrAbolic!!

Quote Originally Posted by paulygon View Post
    But you would defiantly recommend spreading the doses out? I might go 2-Breakfast, 2-Pre, 2 Post, and perhaps 2 before bed???????
    Yes, the only time I would take more than 2g per dose, would be sipping/trickling it in during my workout, when blood flow is higher and cellular uptake is highly sensitive.And even than, I likely wouldn't go more than 3-3.5g. Having 4g hit you at one time, is going to cause much of it to be wasted, as we have a limited capacity in how fast our cells can absorb it at one time and it clear s from the blood very fast.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I took beta alanine (1.5g) before training last week and i can honestly say i've never felt anything like it!

I actually used CNP 'pro-slam' which is a pre workout formula which contains 27g of protein, 1.5 of BA aswel as taurine.
    How do you like the pro slam? I am testing it out as a protein source and I feel the tingle with it.
  8. NEW product-IntrAbolic!!

ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION-FORUM Promo!!

Lots more info on beta-alanine on our forum. Come join us
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. PNI Prodigy a new pre workout log brought to you by me !
    By roblasane in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 11:27 AM
  2. Replies: 134
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 12:36 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 07:43 PM
  4. Today's Review Brought to You by the Letter O-E-P
    By Resolve in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 12:02 PM
  5. Replies: 110