EAS Simplygain and SimplyProtein

  1. Registered User
    Matt T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    GA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    160

    EAS Simplygain and SimplyProtein


    anyone have anything to say about them, i was going over prices at Netrition, and these seem to be some of the cheapest (which is not always a good thing). just wondering if any of you guys had any experience. thanks.

  2. Registered User
    BigBenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    178

    I used EAS simply whey or whatever they call thier protein. Nice and tasty, good for a change if you are getting tired of your optimum or other.
  3. Registered User
    Matt T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    GA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    160

    Originally posted by BigBenn
    I used EAS simply whey or whatever they call thier protein. Nice and tasty, good for a change if you are getting tired of your optimum or other.
    thanks for the swifty reply, but do you think the quality is up to par?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    seattle/new york
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    959

    simplygain i dont like as much....you can get gainers that has better carb profile than that. simply protein is solid. eas's vanilla are always pretty ass (cept myoplex reg/deluxe) so stick with choc. for your first purchase. and one more, there are cheaper sites than netrition (they aight, but are not the cheapest)

    try: musclemagnepa.com, ************.com, massnutrition.com, and only cuz they have an EAS sale vitaglo.com (compare to see whats best)
  5. Registered User
    BigBenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    178

    I havn't seen any lab results from EAS but the popular opinion seems to be that EAS is pretty high quality. Such a large company couldn't afford bad lab results.
    Originally posted by Matt T


    thanks for the swifty reply, but do you think the quality is up to par?
  6. Registered User
    jweave23's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,628
    Rep Power
    1459

    I used simply whey for a long time, great stuff. Comparable $$ to optimum, like Benn said good for a break. Quality is almost always top notch with EAS. (It has to be to justify their prices on other supps!).
  7. Registered User
    Rhinoman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    48
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    13837

    Originally posted by Matt T
    anyone have anything to say about them, i was going over prices at Netrition, and these seem to be some of the cheapest (which is not always a good thing). just wondering if any of you guys had any experience. thanks.
     

    They are not cheapest, but if you find a good price go for it, I like their protein, but I am of those poople that will find the utility of the stuff and price. Hence, I am always looking for bargain. So, low  price at times does not mean poor quality, it means there are companies out there that want your business. 
  8. Kay
    Kay is offline
    Registered User
    Kay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    231

    even if you can get EAS at agood price, there is a lot fo cheaper stuff better IMO.
    The ISS research one, its about 5 bucks cheaper, and has glutamine peptides to it along wiht digestive enzymes.
    Look around, although EAS is very reputable, there is a lot of stuff that is actually better, but then again, If Bill Phillips says its the best, it must be
  9. Registered User
    Matt T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    GA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    160

    Originally posted by Kay
    even if you can get EAS at agood price, there is a lot fo cheaper stuff better IMO.
    The ISS research one, its about 5 bucks cheaper, and has glutamine peptides to it along wiht digestive enzymes.
    Look around, although EAS is very reputable, there is a lot of stuff that is actually better, but then again, If Bill Phillips says its the best, it must be
    i have tried the ISS Whey Matrix and it was pretty good, then i ran across a good price on Isopure (8lb tubs) and am using it currently and i love the protein, but the taste isn't as good as the whey matrix (ISS). i wasn't really sure of the quality of ISS, is also one reason i switched.
  10. Registered User
    Matt T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    GA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    160

    also i can't stand bill phillips, he's such a tool, albeit a rich tool, but a tool nonthelsss.
  11. Registered User
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    seattle/new york
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    959

    Originally posted by Matt T


    i have tried the ISS Whey Matrix and it was pretty good, then i ran across a good price on Isopure (8lb tubs) and am using it currently and i love the protein, but the taste isn't as good as the whey matrix (ISS). i wasn't really sure of the quality of ISS, is also one reason i switched.
    how much you find the 8lber of isopure? anything better than 59.99 + ship? if so, post my friend.
  12. Registered User
    Matt T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    GA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    160

    Originally posted by sage


    how much you find the 8lber of isopure? anything better than 59.99 + ship? if so, post my friend.
    no that was the price i found, each tub contains 44 servings, i use an average of 14 servings per week so each one lasts three weeks for me. so $20 bucks per week is justifiable by my standards.
  13. Banned
    bpdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    I Forget
    Age
    39
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    I used simplywhey 5lbs all the time in the past.  i don't care for it other than the price!  Straw is the WORST flavor!  You have to use 2 scoops to get a serving and a serving is only 21 grams.
  14. Gold Member
    Clintdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    169

    thats because the scoup is about half the size of the ones in optimum
  15. Registered User
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    seattle/new york
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    959

    Originally posted by Clintdogg
    thats because the scoup is about half the size of the ones in optimum
    good point. obviously looking at the purity of each brand is the est test. i like both...but lets see....opt100% serving: 22g protein per 28.4 grams. eas simply protein serving: 21g protein per 28.34 grams. pretty close...and i say comparing two reputuable companies, their protein value are pretty close. (and the prices are pretty much equal) so basically to me, it comes down to personal preference in taste to which one to use.
  16. Kay
    Kay is offline
    Registered User
    Kay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    231

    Originally posted by bpdaddy
    I used simplywhey 5lbs all the time in the past.  i don't care for it other than the price!  Straw is the WORST flavor!  You have to use 2 scoops to get a serving and a serving is only 21 grams.
    WHAT??!??!?!?!?!

    strawberry by EAS simply Whey is the best tasting protein i have ever tried, it mixes smooth and tastes awesome!!!
  17. Banned
    bpdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    I Forget
    Age
    39
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Originally posted by Kay


    WHAT??!??!?!?!?!

    strawberry by EAS simply Whey is the best tasting protein i have ever tried, it mixes smooth and tastes awesome!!!
     

    To each there own, I couldn't stand it though...sorry.
  18. xXx
    xXx is offline
    Board Supporter
    xXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    202

    Simply Whey Strawberry taste great in grape juice I like the chocolate too
  19. Registered User
    institutional's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ann arbor
    Age
    40
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    170

    i have used both. simply protien is a good cheap post workout whey. i also liked simply gain, for post workout it has approximatyley 30g pro, 30 g carbs, and 5 g creatine per serving i believe. it was super cheap so i bought it, but i took double the servings to be more effective post exercise. many people have problems with some of the artificial ingredients in simply gain, like i said i didnt mind. but i prefer making my own post workout shake, with 50 g pro (usually optimum), 50 g dextrose or gatorade powder,and my own prolabs creapure. its alot cheaper this way. peace.
  20. Registered User
    coolie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    154

    i use the eas whey protein, it tastes pretty good.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 20% off NRC Products and FREE copy of EA Sports Madden 2012
    By BigGunn in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2011, 12:21 AM
  2. I just bought some EAS Simply Whey and love it!
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-04-2003, 06:18 PM
  3. Your Thoughts And Opinions on Keto Dieting??
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 12:12 AM
  4. Fina and 1-test
    By BrKonman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-26-2002, 12:54 PM
  5. will be posting before and after pics soon
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2002, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in