Anyone get diarrhea w/ ON 100% Whey

bodybybrad

bodybybrad

Awards
i am getting crazy diarrhea ever since i started using it.

anyone else?:eek:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're getting digestive issues it could be eithe you're supplementing with too much whey or you're combining intolerance to the whey. If you mix it with milk the combination of lactose and whey with intolerances could have those nasty results. It's not really with the product itself.

bodybybrad

bodybybrad

Awards
i only use 1 shake on workout days. but WOW it kicking my ass! literally.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm, I had to pretty much give up Whey and move to Casein because of the gastro issues regardless of brand.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Jayhawk's life partner made him switch as it was ruining the mood in the bedroom:D

Seriously you might want to try it without milk then if that doesn't help try pure isolate that usually makes a big difference.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had the same issue with it myself, I used to only buy this brand because of the price and the taste, but had to stop due to diarrhea. I switched to a few different whey blends and it stopped completely, I ordered it a few months ago just to try it again and had same problem, with or without milk. I,m done with it.....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm, I had to pretty much give up Whey and move to Casein because of the gastro issues regardless of brand.
I never sent you any GUT health, did I?

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
i am getting crazy diarrhea ever since i started using it.

anyone else?:eek:
Nope, I currently have ON 100% Whey and Ergo GF Pro. One is midrange and one is more of a "premium" high quality blend. To be honest, I notice NO difference in bloat, digestion, or bowel evacuation. ;) I switch back and forth between them to keep things fresh.

Some may be more sensitive than others. In general, a very pure isolate is "supposed" to be gentler. Are you lactose intolerant? Try avoiding milk pre & post if you are adding that in.

I would also suggest an Probiotic/Digestive Enzyme product to enhance absorption and digestion if you keep having issues. I'll be damned, RPN has a Probiotic Gut Health product. What a coincidence..... :D

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
I never sent you any GUT health, did I?
Never sent me mine either... and you stopped answering my PM's once I started blowing the lid on Oxyguno info way early.

I PROMISE I DONT WORK FOR ANYONE... :rofl:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never sent me mine either... and you stopped answering my PM's once I started blowing the lid on Oxyguno info way early.

I PROMISE I DONT WORK FOR ANYONE... :rofl:
Lucky for you I just picked up some more stock. Email your address and let us resume communication.

Sorry I have been so slammed, I owe a lot of people some information and assistance.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never had a problem with ON whey, to me it is the best for the price period. you may be lactose intolerant or something else in your diet is causing it. I highly doubt that it is from the brand.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I would also suggest an Probiotic/Digestive Enzyme product to enhance absorption and digestion if you keep having issues. I'll be damned, RPN has a Probiotic Gut Health product. What a coincidence..... :D
Yeap, you need some Digestive Enzymes...

NAS

NAS

Awards
never had any problems with ON's. The only protein that really did me in was Myozene...horrible and a waste of $

SriLankanMuscle

SriLankanMuscle

Awards
I had the same issue-I'm also lactose intolerent

Even with water I had the runs. I stopped using ON's protein and switched to AST's VP2 and I have no problems. Even at 5servings a day I have no stomach issues.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Never had a problem with any of ON's products. I use Pro Complex and Gold Standard and I love it. But I started using True Protein and I custom make it now.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Even with water I had the runs. I stopped using ON's protein and switched to AST's VP2 and I have no problems. Even at 5servings a day I have no stomach issues.
ON is Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Whey Peptides. Vp2 is hydrolyzed whey peptides. Think of it sort of like "pre-digested" WPI broken down into its component aminos.

You must be VERY sensitive. I notice no difference between the ultra premium stuff and the mid-range stuff. The only thing I would imagine would give most people trouble is a cheap protein that is almost entirely WPC with no enzymes added in whatsoever.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I heard this several times when I worked in retail years ago. Many people found that if they switched to a WPI it would help the problem. Where I worked really pushed ON, and I saw alot of people go from 100% Whey to Pro Complex and it helped their problem.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope, never got any GuT...Just picked up some prilosec at the docs today though :)

knightowl

Awards
Dymatize elite has nearly twice the amount of digsestive enzymes than ON 100% . ( maybe it is not enough in your case to fully digest it) if you have had whey before with no problems I would highly suggest you switch to elite , better tasting, less cholestrol , cheaper and almost double the digetive enzymes

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I 1st started to lift weights and I used to take ON I got the runs so I stoped using it. I would rate the produt 2 out of 11. I just keeped getting sick of it.