Low GI carbs and Creatine Monohydrate?

  1. Low GI carbs and Creatine Monohydrate?


    I know we've beaten the topic of high GI carbohydrates vs. low GI to the ground in this forum. But is the insulin "spike" beneficial when taking creatine monohydrate? Could we just keep our insulin levels steady all day, and take creatine w/o high GI carbs and still get a similar effect as the oh so common "Sugar-Tech" method? I'm just wondering because I've never really seen any other protocol (other than creatine + dextrose/maltodextrin) for taking creatine monohydrate.

    Thanks for reading, please post if you have any feedback.

    thesinner
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line


  2. My current stack with creatine is: 10g BCAA's + 5g Creatine + Poseidon + Beta-Alanine

  3. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I know we've beaten the topic of high GI carbohydrates vs. low GI to the ground in this forum. But is the insulin "spike" beneficial when taking creatine monohydrate? Could we just keep our insulin levels steady all day, and take creatine w/o high GI carbs and still get a similar effect as the oh so common "Sugar-Tech" method? I'm just wondering because I've never really seen any other protocol (other than creatine + dextrose/maltodextrin) for taking creatine monohydrate.

    Thanks for reading, please post if you have any feedback.

    thesinner
    In my experience, taking creatine with about 5-10 grams simple carbs seems to give me great results. I've taken it with complex carbs as well, and had the same results...While creatine may get absorbed a bit quicker with simple carbs, over the course of your cycle, I really don't think it makes that big of an impact...but, as I said, that's just been my personal experience.

    Workin
    •   
       

  4. Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    My current stack with creatine is: 10g BCAA's + 5g Creatine + Poseidon + Beta-Alanine
    A FANTASTIC stack...I've been running something almost identical, but added 1 gram Citrulline Malate.

    Workin

  5. Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    A FANTASTIC stack...I've been running something almost identical, but added 1 gram Citrulline Malate.

    Workin
    Yes, it is a fantastic stack, and I am getting my BCAA's (3 scoops) from Extend, so I am getting 1.5g of CM too

  6. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Yes, it is a fantastic stack, and I am getting my BCAA's (3 scoops) from Extend, so I am getting 1.5g of CM too
    Nice!

    Workin

  7. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I know we've beaten the topic of high GI carbohydrates vs. low GI to the ground in this forum. But is the insulin "spike" beneficial when taking creatine monohydrate? Could we just keep our insulin levels steady all day, and take creatine w/o high GI carbs and still get a similar effect as the oh so common "Sugar-Tech" method? I'm just wondering because I've never really seen any other protocol (other than creatine + dextrose/maltodextrin) for taking creatine monohydrate.

    Thanks for reading, please post if you have any feedback.

    thesinner
    I honestly think that insulin is insulin, therefore regard of the spike if you maintain constant supply of creatine thru out the day to match your meal plans then the same effects should be achieved.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  8. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    I honestly think that insulin is insulin, therefore regard of the spike if you maintain constant supply of creatine thru out the day to match your meal plans then the same effects should be achieved.
    That's pretty much the exact same thing I was thinking. Since creatine (monohydrate) has a tendency to degrade into creatinine rather quickly, the idea of the insulin spiking while taking your creatine all at once was born. I was thinking of taking 2-3x daily without the use of high GI carbs.

    Thanks for your input.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Low GI diet and Low Carb
    By Bigpete757 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 07:41 PM
  2. Low GI diet and Low carb
    By Bigpete757 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 01:50 PM
  3. does any company make a low GI carb shake?
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 12:23 PM
  4. Fructose as a Low GI carb
    By doggzj in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 10:52 PM
  5. Post workout, low-GI carb sources?
    By Alt+F4 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Log in
Log in