So many supplements...

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
...that my head spins.

I try to keep up with the supplement market, but it's impossible with a new product coming out every 2 minutes. :rant:

With names like armegeddeon, and posedion, and venom, lol. I have no idea if I'm taking cobra venom orally to increase my igf-1 or beta hydroxyedysterones to improve my insulin sensitivity.

Does anyone else have this problem? lol

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I try to not buy anything that is "Just coming out". I usually stick with tried and true products that way I can read a little about what the "guinea pigs" found out on the new ones. I quit trying the Greatest supp ever a few years ago it cost too much to chase the magic pill or powder. I actually enjoy the ads for the new stuff. It's amazing what they pay for the space and what they say in them.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
i think there really are alot of new innovative and exciting companies coming out, and they compliment the already established companies. Its exciting for the industry and gets me pumped to attend my 1st Arnold Expo next year!!

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Well I'd like to find something that works, and the be like a "rep" for that company.

How do you become a "rep" anyways?

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
Well I'd like to find something that works, and the be like a "rep" for that company.

How do you become a "rep" anyways?
you have to go into a dark room with alot of strangers and let them touch you in ways you never thinked it was possible and make you do weird stuff, each pearson is representing a company the last guy standing thats not tired and can give you a pounding like theres no tomorrow thats the company you can rep for:ntome:

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
you have to go into a dark room with alot of strangers and let them touch you in ways you never thinked it was possible and make you do weird stuff, each pearson is representing a company the last guy standing thats not tired and can give you a pounding like theres no tomorrow thats the company you can rep for:ntome:
ssshhhh... the first rule about repping is that you don't talk about the selection process...:stick:

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
ssshhhh... the first rule about repping is that you don't talk about the selection process...:stick:

im a zombie rules dont apply to me :) and i always pass out at the pounding like theres no tomorrow :(

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
theres rules man....cant let that out to the public!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, to be a rep, you can be chosen, because you stand out from the crowd, or apply in a thread that a company made that is looking for reps.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I try to not buy anything that is "Just coming out". I usually stick with tried and true products that way I can read a little about what the "guinea pigs" found out on the new ones. I quit trying the Greatest supp ever a few years ago it cost too much to chase the magic pill or powder. I actually enjoy the ads for the new stuff. It's amazing what they pay for the space and what they say in them.
I agree with that strategy. If you go back and read some old posts, everytime a new supp comes out everybody is talking about it and saying how awesome it is and that they'll take it forever. In most cases, a year later nobody's taking it or talking about it anymore. The fact is that most of these supplements provide little more than placebo effects. If people are still excited about a supplement after 12-18 months (once the bandwagon effect has subsided) then it may be worth trying.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Big difference between a "new" compound, and companies reformulation nutrients and finding synergistic relationships.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I generally stick with supps that are unanimous to make a difference. I would be perfectly happy using only BCAA's and proteins. Not to say I don't like other supps, but I realize that they will only help so much.

I am glad that the companies on this board do their own research and try to bring innovative products to the market. Come to think of it, I can't really think of the last time I used a supp that wasn't made by one of the board sponsors.